BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #111
atorrealba
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I've never 'gotten' any speeding tickets in my M3 surprisingly, they were all just retarded shit like temporary tags expired, or blowing a red light

The worst of the worst one was last summer: clocked 91 in a 45

I knew I was going to jail this time for going double the speed, the car (not my M3 ) was going to be impounded and I accepted my fate. However, the cop last minute ended up giving me a warning and letting me go because you'll never fucking know

However last Thankgsiving break, I finally got pulled over going 80 mph in a 35 and instantly knew I was going to jail this time, but I ended up talking/finessin my way to a "no physical insurance" citation

Last edited by atorrealba; 03-21-2019 at 02:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dimitri314.50
      03-21-2019, 02:01 AM   #112
atorrealba
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I'm probably one of the few young ones here with the highest amount of tickets. Some of you are probably 25+ and haven't even hit double digit # of tickets

I had a streak FOR MONTHS of getting away clean 3 times in a row. I thought I was invincible, but guess what...last month I got the book thrown at me; 3 tickets in one sitting. I'm not even bragging, but tickets really suck.

In retrospect, it feels like shit knowing all of that money I could've put into modding my car, but ended up in Uncle Sam's pocket
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #113
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

Reading through this thread you can really tell the young guns from the old sages.

Every ticket I've received I've deserved and got off lucky with every one of them to some extent. Most drivers should not be speeding as they have a hard enough time driving while texting on their phone, eating their Big Mac and toking on their vape or some similar combination.

natedog7700, I hope you are the driver you tout yourself to be and don't end up killing someone, but I must admit, I will laugh my ass off when I read about your car getting impounded and you getting arrested.

My teens and twenties were rough years....lots of stories, lots of fines, huge insurance premiums....and no accidents thankfully.

My worst in my twenties happened when I was a young airman. I had just got released from 2 weeks of 12 hour shifts, was driving a 1985 VW Golf before they were cool. Came out the front gate of Hurlburt Field, FL heading towards Fort Walton Beach. Hwy 98 goes by the end of the runway and the Mary Esther police were notorious for sitting at the end of this 1/2 mile stretch busting folks as they come into a 45 zone. So light turns green and I floor the V-dub pulling out onto Hwy 98, just as I let off to slow down coming into Mary Esther, the cop lights me up. Claims he had me at 85 and writes me for the 45 zone despite that I actually stopped just passed the 45 zone sign....stupidity has its price.

Since then, I still drive fast and am accident free, but typically am much smarter about it until I'm not....

My latest affliction of stupidity led to me getting stopped in my X5 after finally getting tired of having a Mercedes playing games with me as I was heading to Breckenridge from Colorado Springs on Hwy 24. Hwy 24 is a two lane highway and I was in the right lane coming up behind a bus, the Merc was in the left lane maybe 50 yards behind me and matching my speed. As we approach the bus, I signal to move over and the Merc speeds up. The Merc had passed me several times and then would slow down until I would go around him on the right; now tired of this game and knowing that my X5 can out accelerate this Merc, I speed up. The Merc tries to block me out, but I out accelerate it and move over in front to go around the bus. I no sooner get even with the front of the bus when I see the Woodland Park police cruiser on the side of the road. I was already slowing down as we were coming into a 45 zone and a stop light, but not soon enough. The officer pulls out, the Merc swings left into Wal Mart and the cop stays with me...after all I was in front. He lights me up shortly after and I stop, the officer comes to the window, states he clocked me at 87 in the 55. I produce the usual and I apologize for being stupid accepting that I am going to get nailed on this one. I explain my stupidity with the Merc and he states he figured something was going on between the Merc and myself. He runs my info through the computer, thanks me for my military service due to the Disabled Veterans plates on the vehicle and lets me off with a verbal warning.

In the orange M4, I've been much smarter and have 17k ticket free miles in it.

So the moral kiddos is if you are going to speed, don't be stupid.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #114
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

I've gotten a few I deserved but the worst I ever got was one I absolutely didn't. On my morning commute one of the first streets I take has no cross streets, houses, businesses, or anything else for 2.5 miles. At the time it was only one lane in each direction as well. Usually by the time oncoming traffic gets to the street I turn from they're all spread out but this morning traffic was in this tight little cluster. This immediately made me think there was probably a cop at the back of the pack for everyone to be sticking to the limit and not passing like that. I'd just barely turned onto the street and was accelerating through 40 (limit is 55) so I was extra careful to stay below the limit.

Sure enough, at the back of the pack was a motorcycle cop. As soon as I pass him he slows down and makes a u-turn. I think nothing of it since I'm not speeding; I just make sure to keep an extra close eye on my speed so I don't even tiptoe over 55. A couple of miles later he flips on his lights and I pull over. I figure maybe he decided to get me for not having a front plate even though that's really never enforced. Nope. He walks to my window, says "license and registration" and walks away. No "do you know why I pulled you over" or anything, he didn't even ask for proof of insurance. A couple of minutes later he comes back, tells me to sign the ticket, says he caught me on radar doing 70 in a 55, hands back my license and registration, and walks away. Fastest damn ticket I've ever gotten. You can't even get an order at a McDonald's drive-through this quickly.

Not only had I never even approached that speed but there wasn't even any other traffic around that maybe had been going that fast that gave him a reading he thought was me. And oh yeah, the motorcycle cops around here only have the hand-held radar that they only use at a stop and he was moving the whole time.

I ended up getting that ticket dismissed but officer J Brown can still kiss my ass for that bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #115
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
I've gotten a few I deserved but the worst I ever got was one I absolutely didn't. On my morning commute one of the first streets I take has no cross streets, houses, businesses, or anything else for 2.5 miles. At the time it was only one lane in each direction as well. Usually by the time oncoming traffic gets to the street I turn from they're all spread out but this morning traffic was in this tight little cluster. This immediately made me think there was probably a cop at the back of the pack for everyone to be sticking to the limit and not passing like that. I'd just barely turned onto the street and was accelerating through 40 (limit is 55) so I was extra careful to stay below the limit.

Sure enough, at the back of the pack was a motorcycle cop. As soon as I pass him he slows down and makes a u-turn. I think nothing of it since I'm not speeding; I just make sure to keep an extra close eye on my speed so I don't even tiptoe over 55. A couple of miles later he flips on his lights and I pull over. I figure maybe he decided to get me for not having a front plate even though that's really never enforced. Nope. He walks to my window, says "license and registration" and walks away. No "do you know why I pulled you over" or anything, he didn't even ask for proof of insurance. A couple of minutes later he comes back, tells me to sign the ticket, says he caught me on radar doing 70 in a 55, hands back my license and registration, and walks away. Fastest damn ticket I've ever gotten. You can't even get an order at a McDonald's drive-through this quickly.

Not only had I never even approached that speed but there wasn't even any other traffic around that maybe had been going that fast that gave him a reading he thought was me. And oh yeah, the motorcycle cops around here only have the hand-held radar that they only use at a stop and he was moving the whole time.

I ended up getting that ticket dismissed but officer J Brown can still kiss my ass for that bullshit.

He was probably behind on his ticket quota.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #116
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post

03-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #117
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
Reading through this thread you can really tell the young guns from the old sages.

Every ticket I've received I've deserved and got off lucky with every one of them to some extent. Most drivers should not be speeding as they have a hard enough time driving while texting on their phone, eating their Big Mac and toking on their vape or some similar combination.

natedog7700, I hope you are the driver you tout yourself to be and don't end up killing someone, but I must admit, I will laugh my ass off when I read about your car getting impounded and you getting arrested.

My teens and twenties were rough years....lots of stories, lots of fines, huge insurance premiums....and no accidents thankfully.

My worst in my twenties happened when I was a young airman. I had just got released from 2 weeks of 12 hour shifts, was driving a 1985 VW Golf before they were cool. Came out the front gate of Hurlburt Field, FL heading towards Fort Walton Beach. Hwy 98 goes by the end of the runway and the Mary Esther police were notorious for sitting at the end of this 1/2 mile stretch busting folks as they come into a 45 zone. So light turns green and I floor the V-dub pulling out onto Hwy 98, just as I let off to slow down coming into Mary Esther, the cop lights me up. Claims he had me at 85 and writes me for the 45 zone despite that I actually stopped just passed the 45 zone sign....stupidity has its price.

Since then, I still drive fast and am accident free, but typically am much smarter about it until I'm not....

My latest affliction of stupidity led to me getting stopped in my X5 after finally getting tired of having a Mercedes playing games with me as I was heading to Breckenridge from Colorado Springs on Hwy 24. Hwy 24 is a two lane highway and I was in the right lane coming up behind a bus, the Merc was in the left lane maybe 50 yards behind me and matching my speed. As we approach the bus, I signal to move over and the Merc speeds up. The Merc had passed me several times and then would slow down until I would go around him on the right; now tired of this game and knowing that my X5 can out accelerate this Merc, I speed up. The Merc tries to block me out, but I out accelerate it and move over in front to go around the bus. I no sooner get even with the front of the bus when I see the Woodland Park police cruiser on the side of the road. I was already slowing down as we were coming into a 45 zone and a stop light, but not soon enough. The officer pulls out, the Merc swings left into Wal Mart and the cop stays with me...after all I was in front. He lights me up shortly after and I stop, the officer comes to the window, states he clocked me at 87 in the 55. I produce the usual and I apologize for being stupid accepting that I am going to get nailed on this one. I explain my stupidity with the Merc and he states he figured something was going on between the Merc and myself. He runs my info through the computer, thanks me for my military service due to the Disabled Veterans plates on the vehicle and lets me off with a verbal warning.

In the orange M4, I've been much smarter and have 17k ticket free miles in it.

So the moral kiddos is if you are going to speed, don't be stupid.
Why are you calling me out? You say you drive fast but bash me for doing so? The fact that ive run from the cops a dozen times? So what, people do it daily, you just dont hear about it. People always think its crazy until they do it themselves, just remember that
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #118
pianoman224
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
I’ve had my M4 for just over a year now, and haven’t gotten any tickets *knock on wood*, however I do drive it pretty hard.

I had a moderately modified E90 335i prior to the M4 that I drove equally as hard, only got one ticket for 20 over or something stupid like that. My actual “worst” ticket was while driving my wife’s Hyundai down to SoCal and some d bag flipped around and got me right after the speed changed from 65 to 55 and I was doing 77......so dumb.

I did get pulled over several times in my E90 though, most were on the freeway, got lots of warnings. I was commuting to work at the time which was about 70 miles of freeway driving up i5 in Oregon, and I would be driving at like 5 AM every morning, so plenty of opportunity to do some good high speed pulls since it was just open freeway with zero traffic. Well this one morning I was speeding along per usual, and got the itch to do a pull. I blew past this pickup truck towing a boat after I was already doing about 115, then slowed down a few seconds later after I must have hit 140 or so, slowed down gradually to my cruising speed of like 75. A couple minutes later I noticed that same truck I blew past was coming up on my fast, didn’t think a whole lot of it until it flipped on it’s freaking cop lights.....I pretty much shit a brick at that point. Pulled over to the side, rolled down the window fully expecting to be hauled off to jail and my car impounded. Dude was a fish and wildlife officer, super nice, asked where I was going so fast, told him I commute every morning. Ran my license and insurance, came back and of course I’m still sweating bullets fully expecting a bunch of state cops to show up. He hands me my license and insurance back, tells me that the state troopers wouldn’t think twice about hauling my ass off to jail, told me to have a nice day a slow down.

Needless to say I was very lucky that the guy was so chill...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #119
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
I'll bite. Had just finished building and breaking in my mk3 supra and decided to start data-logging some WOT pulls and playing with boost levels. A bit of backstory, the vehicle has no interior besides the standalone ecu laying on the passenger floor, my driver's seat, belt and a carcass of a dash.

I was at the top of 4th gear doing in excess of 100mph in a 25. This was ~2am at a very straight portion with little to no houses on either side. One car went by and in the brief moment my headlights shined on it as I passed, I saw the reflective tape. My record was clean besides two tickets, both dropped to parking violations.

The car was unregistered and uninsured (at the time). I didn't want to run.
A few police officers and hours later, I had myself at a predicament. Clocked at 134 in a 25.

I was let off with a faulty speedometer.

Targa top was off, windows rolled down, hands on the steering wheel and keys on the dash (or lack thereof). Luckily the car had an out of state plate which when run against the DMV, returned a record of registration without a flag for being current or invalid.

My phone was dead and I assured the officer that the car was insured and if he so wanted I would provide proof asap (poker face)

I was told that I seemed like a good kid, was just out here tuning my car and happened to be going to school at the same university as the first cop's daughter. Only life I put in danger was mine and that if he saw me out again going over the speed limit, car & license are gone and off in cuffs I go.

Drove home out of boost and then cleaned the stains off my seat later.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #120
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavingtraffic View Post

I was at the top of 4th gear doing in excess of 100mph in a 25. This was ~2am at a very straight portion with little to no houses on either side. One car went by and in the brief moment my headlights shined on it as I passed, I saw the reflective tape. Clocked at 134 in a 25.

I was let off with a faulty speedometer.

Targa top was off, windows rolled down, hands on the steering wheel and keys on the dash (or lack thereof). Luckily the car had an out of state plate which when run against the DMV, returned a record of registration without a flag for being current or invalid.

Only life I put in danger was mine.
25mph zones are typically high travel areas like stores, residential, and limited site distance. You placed your life and the car you passed at 134mph. On average 10-20% of the people on the roads at 0200AM are drunk, so its pretty likely that you could had meet a drunk driver or drunk pedestrian at 134mph.
Appreciate 1
Tangent297.50
      04-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #121
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relak View Post
I got a speeding ticket for 38 in a 35. I caught up to him and ended up passing him doing 3mph over the speed limit. I didn't slow down because I didn't feel the was a need to. There was no one else on the road and the conditions were ideal.

told him I had my cruise control set to 38. I told him I wasn't doing anything illegal and I'm not one to just slam on my brakes because I see a cop in my area. He came back with a ticket for 38 in a 35.

I called him a prick and told him I'd see him in court in a few months to fight the ticket. I also pointed at my dash cam to let him know that I got the incident on tape and his admission of not knowing how fast I was going. I also have on camera him rolling through a stop light, which he vehemently denied. I truly hope he shows to the hearing so I can blast this guys integrity to the ground.

Speeding 38 in a 35 is speeding. You admitted on his camera and your camera that you had speed set at 38 and knowingly and willfully speed past a cop.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #122
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
25mph zones are typically high travel areas like stores, residential, and limited site distance. You placed your life and the car you passed at 134mph. On average 10-20% of the people on the roads at 0200AM are drunk, so its pretty likely that you could had meet a drunk driver or drunk pedestrian at 134mph.
It's pretty likely that I could've met a drunk person? So you're saying that there's only an 80% chance that when I drive at night I won't experience someone drunk on the road? You're full of it.

Quote:
Absolutely no reason to use sport + on the road for commuting. Unless your on a race track you don't need sport +. I only use sport + for a little bit of fun on a open ramp to the freeway or if I am planning to pass a car on two lane road.

Sport + does increase wear. Probably not enough to matter, but it does increase wear.

The engine will turn more RPM's because shifting is delayed or a lower gear is held. While turning more RPM's it is burning more fuel, which will decrease life of oil. The turbo is also trying to maintain boost, which means the turbo is spinning more.

All of that said, I doubt the car will suffer much. Perhaps the turbo will only last 140k miles instead of say 200k. Perhaps the engine will only last 200k instead of 300k, assuming the hub crank bolt doesn't slip.
This thread isnt for you and in my opinion, neither are these types of cars. We've all got a decent head on our shoulders. This is an experience thread, for people to read and share. Go give your two cents somewhere else on something that happened years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #123
sabrina
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

Garage List
86 in a 35. I was just out of college and on my way to a job interview. And my license had expired that very day. Trooper was standing off to the side of the road 100 yards past where the limit changed from 55 to 35 and as I crossed that point he stepped out and waved me over. Either way I was still speeding. It just hurt a little worse in the 35 zone lol. I think that was a $350 fine at the time.
Sold: F82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328, E46 330
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 06:27 AM   #124
billnj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 16' M4 11' 328

121 in a 65. Saugerties, NY, on the NYS Thruway. I was in my then 2011 740. Car was a boat but it loved the highways.

It was 1am on Wednesday morning and I was the only person on the road, well, except for the NYS trooper sitting at the entrance to a text stop.

He was not a happy man, for a few minutes I thought I was going to jail.

Went to court a few weeks later, judge and prosecutor were really cool. Pled guilty to obstructing traffic, no points and $65.00 fine. Judge asked f I needed a payment plan. Uhh, nope I'll pay in full and be on my way.

So far, knock on wood, no tickets in the M4.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #125
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I waited for disposition of my most recent ticket to post this.

My previous ticket was about 5 years ago in my Z4 M Roadster for 100 MPH on an Interstate. There were four lanes and very little traffic and I was at the top of a long downhill. I could see that up ahead what traffic there was clustered in the classic "D" pattern, most of the traffic in the far left lane in a row, and fewer cars in the next two lanes with the rightmost lane completely empty (the exact opposite of how it should have been). I approached at about 80 MPH, my normal freeway cruising speed, and I just floored it for just a couple of seconds. I passed the group in the right lane, then pulled into the next lane over and slowed back to 80. I looked in my rear view mirror and there was a motorcycle CHP with his lights on. I pulled over and he told me that "I don't know how fast you were going, but I was at 115 and you were pulling away." He said that I did use my indicators and wrote me for 100, after telling me that if it was over 100 MPH, I could get my car impounded. I gratefully paid the $470 fine (IIRC) and did traffic school.

My most recent ticket, last October, was in the car pool lane on the same Interstate, but further south. It was mid-morning with little to no traffic. I was in my wife's brand new 2018 M3 CP, going to the dealer to have the 1200 mile service done, which they failed to do at the VDC after our Euro Delivery. We had just taken redelivery a few days previously and I hadn't yet installed her V1 RD. I saw a 335i pull into the car pool lane ahead at a pretty fast clip. My common sense became clouded and I attempted to catch up to him and pass him. All of a sudden he backed off and I saw the motorcycle CHP up ahead on the shoulder with a hand-held radar. I backed off and he went by the cop at probably around 80. The cop ignored him and pulled me over. He cited me for speed in excess of 65 MPH (the speed limit) and also for a speed of 121 MPH, in addition to no front license plate. This cop was pissed, probably with good reason. I installed the V1 the next day. I hired a traffic court attorney I found on Yelp, paid $200 via PayPal, and she went to the preliminary hearing and then to the trial. I did not have to appear, in fact I've never met the attorney or been in her office. I hadn't heard anything since the preliminary hearing in January, so I e-mailed her today and my ticket was dismissed on a technicality. However, she mentioned that the court allowed the officer to amend and refile. After a little bit of Googling, it appears that this could mean that the violation and/or the fine might be reduced. I had originally told her that I was OK with paying a fine and going to traffic school (no points) but I definitely didn't want my license suspended or my car impounded. I've e-mailed her for an explanation.

Fastest speed in the US was in my M4 on CA 395, shortly after they widened and repaved it. It was in the middle of the day on a weekday with literally no traffic in sight for miles, and I pushed it to 140 briefly.

During my 2016 M4 Euro Delivery, on the German Autobahn outside of Stuttgart, I did 271 kp/h (168 mph), but of course, this is not illegal, under the proper circumstances. No speed limit, dry, very little traffic and clear sight.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 10:11 AM   #126
WAAAT
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

worst one so far.

112 on a 65 by a Tx DPS trooper. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #127
325iExecutive
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Mazda CX5

Worst I had was doing 87 in a 60 in upper state NY.
      04-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #128
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamer View Post
I started this thread on my old car forum, but now I'm interested in seeing how people here have done with their M temptations

Biggest one I have personally received was 30 over in my M4, officer knocked it down to 20 over because I had all my papers in order and wasn't a dick.

How does everyone else fair? either yourself or what you have seen from close others.... and how did the cop deal with it.
I was going 120 in a 65, the cop wrote it for 120 and screamed at me, almost arrested me even though I was respectful. He said "I could take you to jail today, I have zero tolerance for speeding on the weekends when families are out"

Later my traffic attorney (for $50) got it dismissed because the officer did not have his notes with him in court and he told the lawyer to tell me Hi and he will see me soon.... not driving around that area anytime soon.

Also, I just moved to La and got pulled over twice in 1 week for my tint !

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #129
Radartrap
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I got nailed here (laser) for 67 in a 45 zone in my M4. That's "criminal speeding" in AZ, a misdemeanor equivalent to shoplifting or simple assault. I took a court-approved online remedial driving course, and the ticket didn't go on my record.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #130
Skulinex
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '4 M3/'5 M3CS/‘18 M3CS /‘21M2C

Garage List
2015 Toyota 4Runner  [0.00]
2021 M2 Competition  [0.00]
2018 M3 CS  [0.00]
2004 M3  [10.00]
2005 M3 Competition  [0.00]
Ticket for ‘95+’ on a 65 zone, since the cop was trying to follow me but couldn’t catch up. His own words for the ticket ‘I was going 95 and you were still pulling away from me’ -yelling-. I didn’t know there was a cop behind me -no lights- $900 ish in lawyer fees, court and fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #131
Rabidwooz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Received a $496 speeding ticket a month after I bought my car for going 70 in a 45. I was on a back road for a LONG time and the speed limit was 65...it dropped to 45 suddenly when the road went through a po-dunk town in the middle of Georgia for two miles. It was a foggy Sunday morning and I was the only one on the road. It turns out these small municipalities make their money off speed traps. Oh, the cop also ticketed me for tint violation ($315) even though I purchased the car from a large, reputable dealer. I had a nice $811 welcome to the M family.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #132
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relak View Post
I got a speeding ticket for 38 in a 35. I caught up to him and ended up passing him doing 3mph over the speed limit. I didn't slow down because I didn't feel the was a need to. There was no one else on the road and the conditions were ideal.

told him I had my cruise control set to 38. I told him I wasn't doing anything illegal and I'm not one to just slam on my brakes because I see a cop in my area. He came back with a ticket for 38 in a 35.

I called him a prick and told him I'd see him in court in a few months to fight the ticket. I also pointed at my dash cam to let him know that I got the incident on tape and his admission of not knowing how fast I was going. I also have on camera him rolling through a stop light, which he vehemently denied. I truly hope he shows to the hearing so I can blast this guys integrity to the ground.

Speeding 38 in a 35 is speeding. You admitted on his camera and your camera that you had speed set at 38 and knowingly and willfully speed past a cop.
Ended up being dismissed. Cop didn't show to the court date, likely because he knew he didn't have a case and didn't want to waste his time. He still wasted mine though.