GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

03-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #2135
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
(((myzmak))), the Flames are undoubtedly much more talented than the Wild, but they are bunch of hacks to.
hey, that is the future Stanley cup champions you are criticizing - show some respect

I dunno what to say about the flamers this year. Still #1 in the west.

Do they deserve it?

meh.

lots of players having career years....I don't see a juggernaut here as much as a lot coming together for one year.

that said, I hope to enjoy the ride as long as it goes.

how are things otherwise Minnie?

man, it has been way too long since I've logged on here.
      03-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #2136
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((myzmak))) View Post
hey, that is the future Stanley cup champions you are criticizing - show some respect

I dunno what to say about the flamers this year. Still #1 in the west.

Do they deserve it?

meh.

lots of players having career years....I don't see a juggernaut here as much as a lot coming together for one year.

that said, I hope to enjoy the ride as long as it goes.

how are things otherwise Minnie?

man, it has been way too long since I've logged on here.
Doing good and I'd take where your team is compared to mine! Hopefully they make a serious run, it would be fun to watch. The Wild aren't going anywhere for a loooooong time.

My daughters hockey ended so that had freed up some time for us. But, it was a really fun team, players/coaches and parents were all really cool. As you know that is a bit of a rarity when it comes to youth sports. She started soccer (futbol Anna) already, but that is a lot less demanding and I'm not coaching so it is nice to just be a spectator.

How about you? Any new fun/not fun cases etc?
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      03-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #2137
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Doing good and I'd take where your team is compared to mine! Hopefully they make a serious run, it would be fun to watch. The Wild aren't going anywhere for a loooooong time.

My daughters hockey ended so that had freed up some time for us. But, it was a really fun team, players/coaches and parents were all really cool. As you know that is a bit of a rarity when it comes to youth sports. She started soccer (futbol Anna) already, but that is a lot less demanding and I'm not coaching so it is nice to just be a spectator.

How about you? Any new fun/not fun cases etc?
Well, the never ending case that has plagued me for years limps along. Should likely finish up (finally) in the next couple of months. (this is the one that had a mini trial from hell a few years ago, and a 4 month trial this time last year. Was supposed to be over....and then it wasn't. sigh. but this time for sure, it seems).

Beyond that, things are pretty good. Hockey/Ringette finished last weekend. Like you, after 7 or 8 years of kids in the sports, this last year was far and away the best we've had. Great teams, outstanding coaching, good parents - really didn't expect to be enjoying it all this much as we have gone this deep. And after the coldest February in the 20 years I've been in Calgary, spring is here with a vengeance. BUT before it went, I got some good skiing in this year - 24 days so far with a few more to come next week. Then it will be right into golf time......

Hard to believe the F8X model run is pretty much done; will be interesting to see how the G8X turn out. Not sure when I'll be looking to change in Lucy - I still say our next car is the E63 Wagon for my wife

Anyway, Flames won last night and Sharks lost, so we have a 5 point cushion now on 1st. Really don't want to finish 2nd, as then we play Vegas in Round 1 (ridiculous playoff format) which would suck. Would rather play Avalanche, Coyotes or (no offence) Wild. Vegas is a lot bigger than we are and Fleury still scares me. (Though Dubnyk is still doing wonders for you)
Lups11824.50
      03-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #2138
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Remember to thank the Kings for that cushion
myzmak2415.00
      03-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #2139
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Well, the never ending case that has plagued me for years limps along. Should likely finish up (finally) in the next couple of months. (this is the one that had a mini trial from hell a few years ago, and a 4 month trial this time last year. Was supposed to be over....and then it wasn't. sigh. but this time for sure, it seems).

Beyond that, things are pretty good. Hockey/Ringette finished last weekend. Like you, after 7 or 8 years of kids in the sports, this last year was far and away the best we've had. Great teams, outstanding coaching, good parents - really didn't expect to be enjoying it all this much as we have gone this deep. And after the coldest February in the 20 years I've been in Calgary, spring is here with a vengeance. BUT before it went, I got some good skiing in this year - 24 days so far with a few more to come next week. Then it will be right into golf time......

Hard to believe the F8X model run is pretty much done; will be interesting to see how the G8X turn out. Not sure when I'll be looking to change in Lucy - I still say our next car is the E63 Wagon for my wife

Anyway, Flames won last night and Sharks lost, so we have a 5 point cushion now on 1st. Really don't want to finish 2nd, as then we play Vegas in Round 1 (ridiculous playoff format) which would suck. Would rather play Avalanche, Coyotes or (no offence) Wild. Vegas is a lot bigger than we are and Fleury still scares me. (Though Dubnyk is still doing wonders for you)
Think this is the first time for me to see a M car run while owning two myself.

Being younger and able to own a M4 and a M3 was nice but I think I saw minn19 post in another thread that, owning cars like this honestly kind of ruins you for everything else. It's so difficult to even consider anything less at this point.

I cannot even decide on a daily, keep flip flopping.

P.S. I don't know jack about hockey, I'm Taiwanese.
myzmak2415.00
      03-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #2140
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Holy shit that case is still going!?! Sucks, but the billable hours have got to be up there!

I don't blame you about wanting to play the Wild. I honestly wish they would just give up to help with getting a higher draft pick. They are going to be a doormat for whoever they play if they even make the playoffs. Dub is great when he is on, but he is very streaky and has let in a lot of soft goals in some big spots the last couple of years. But, that is how the Wild go, if he is standing on his head they generally win and of course if not they don't. They can't score goals. The only thing really fun to watch right now is Donato (trade for Coyle) and Parise/Spurgeon are having relatively good years.

We just test drove a crap ton of vehicles and ended up getting the wife (and family) a Med Blue on black M550. It is a really nice fast luxo barge for a decent lease payment. We both love it for what it is. That TTV8 roars. It is nice to have something bigger and more comfortable than the M3, but not use the truck. We are hoping to keep the truck for 8 more years so our daughter can use it for High School. So we are trying to keep the miles down on that.

We brought our daughter skiing for the first time this year. Which, meant for the first time in years I went skiing multiple times in that same year in a long time. It was a lot of fun skiing with her/watching her pick it up so fast. It must be the four years of skating, but the second time we went she spent the afternoon on the expert hills with me. Which, correlates to light to median intermediate runs where you live. Anyway, its cool to have ski buddy again and I'm sure we are going to be going a lot more now that she loves it.

Any way very good to hear from you and glad you had the same youth sports experience as we did. It obviously makes it so much easier/fun when it is like that.

Last edited by minn19; 03-23-2019 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      03-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #2141
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post

Being younger and able to own a M4 and a M3 was nice but I think I saw minn19 post in another thread that, owning cars like this honestly kind of ruins you for everything else. It's so difficult to even consider anything less at this point.

It sucks as it is like that with everything. In my teens to early twenties I used to love Applebees steak (I love steak!). Then I went to a real steakhouse and it was over for me. Now I need the good stuff or it sucks. At least I can still drink a piss light beer and be happy.

It doesn't seem like you need a DD so I wouldn't (and it doesn't sound like you are) rush it. There are a ton of great DD cars, but again the problem for me is most of them aren't really that interesting to me. A lot of extremely capable/competent ones, but not a lot of fun IMO.

You are Asian so that means you are smart. If you want to learn hockey it wouldn't be that hard for you. As my Dad's old joke used to say..."I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out."

Last edited by minn19; 03-23-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #2142
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

It sucks as it is like that with everything. In my teens to early twenties I used to love Applebees steak (I love steak!). Then I went to a real steakhouse and it was over for me. Now I need the good stuff or it sucks. At least I can still drink a piss light beer and be happy.

It doesn't seem like you need a DD so I wouldn't (and it doesn't sound like you are) rush it. There are a ton of great DD cars, but again the problem for me is most of them aren't really that interesting to me. A lot of extremely capable/competent ones, but not a lot of fun IMO.

You are Asian so that means you are smart. If you want to learn hockey it wouldn't be that hard for you. As my Dad's old joke used to say..."I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out."
Yeah I am definitely not in a rush.

I figured because of how bad Accords are selling I can grab one pretty easily which I could because my friend is a Honda co-owner/GM but I prefer having a year left on my M before I consider my other car. I'll keep my M, then maybe

...? C63? Giulia QV? X3M? X3 M40i? M2? Accord!? lol
      03-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #2143
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Remember to thank the Kings for that cushion
If I were religious, Kopitar would have received an extra thank you in my prayers that night....

6 point cushion now. While Sharks shit the bed in their 'gimme' game against worst team in the west, we used the opportunity in our 'worst team in east' game and beat the senators.

Like Minne on Dubnyk, I still have my doubts about Smith and Rittich (you want soft goals Minnie? Watch any Smith game from pre-November this year....) BUT....we seem to be grinding it out.

Secondary scoring has been the key; even when Gaudreau and Monahan are quiet, we've been getting 5 or 6 points a night from the 3rd and 4th line. Can't expect that to repeat in future years, but at the moment this team might be hot enough.....

.....to get past the first round

Quote:

Yeah, not a lot of ice sports in Taiwan I guess.......

Agree on the 'hard to downgrade' point.

My solution to spending more money on new cars is going to be a bit like Lups : we are building a house in the mountains in BC, which will cost like double what I wanted it to cost, so that will naturally decrease the amount I spend on cars for at least a few years.

Quote:
Holy shit that case is still going!?! Sucks, but the billable hours have got to be up there!

I don't blame you about wanting to play the Wild. I honestly wish they would just give up to help with getting a higher draft pick. They are going to be a doormat for whoever they play if they even make the playoffs. Dub is great when he is on, but he is very streaky and has let in a lot of soft goals in some big spots the last couple of years. But, that is how the Wild go, if he is standing on his head they generally win and of course if not they don't. They can't score goals. The only thing really fun to watch right now is Donato (trade for Coyle) and Parise/Spurgeon are having relatively good years.

We just test drove a crap ton of vehicles and ended up getting the wife (and family) a Med Blue on black M550. It is a really nice fast luxo barge for a decent lease payment. We both love it for what it is. That TTV8 roars. It is nice to have something bigger and more comfortable than the M3, but not use the truck. We are hoping to keep the truck for 8 more years so our daughter can use it for High School. So we are trying to keep the miles down on that.

We brought our daughter skiing for the first time this year. Which, meant for the first time in years I went skiing multiple times in that same year in a long time. It was a lot of fun skiing with her/watching her pick it up so fast. It must be the four years of skating, but the second time we went she spent the afternoon on the expert hills with me. Which, correlates to light to median intermediate runs where you live. Anyway, its cool to have ski buddy again and I'm sure we are going to be going a lot more now that she loves it.

Any way very good to hear from you and glad you had the same youth sports experience as we did. It obviously makes it so much easier/fun when it is like that.
New 5 series are very nice looking cars. If they sold a 5 series wagon here anymore....I'd be very much into one.

And, yup, having the kids ski with you is great. Where do you go out there? My recollection on Minnesota geography is that it is a lot like the Saskatchewan I grew up, which means: not a lot of mountain. Sask ski 'hills' were really just big river valley type hills....so most folks would learn to ski there, then drive to the mountains for the real skiing.
      03-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #2144
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Think I would end up fixing/building another house at where we live. Been here for... 20 years now? That is my solution to house stuf in the future (((myzmak)))

How much is a M550i lease anyway? minn19
myzmak2415.00
      03-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #2145
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
New 5 series are very nice looking cars. If they sold a 5 series wagon here anymore....I'd be very much into one.

And, yup, having the kids ski with you is great. Where do you go out there? My recollection on Minnesota geography is that it is a lot like the Saskatchewan I grew up, which means: not a lot of mountain. Sask ski 'hills' were really just big river valley type hills....so most folks would learn to ski there, then drive to the mountains for the real skiing.
Yah, big (ish) hills is all that they are here. Next year we may go to see my family in Nor Cal and hit some real mountain runs for us.

I wasn't really into the F10 5 series, but they've really done a nice job on thi gen. Still not anything exciting driving wise, but fast luxo hauler it is great at IMO.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      03-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #2146
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Think I would end up fixing/building another house at where we live. Been here for... 20 years now? That is my solution to house stuf in the future (((myzmak)))

Quick numbers.

MSRP 80900 - about 11k in rebates/discounts.

5k down and 5600k in MSDs for the buydown base rate got it to $799 a month for 3/10 lease. We rolled in the tire and wheel insurance ($726) for a final payment of $822. The potholes are extra big this year and I expect they'll cause a bulge or two in the stock RFTs.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8168.00
      03-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #2147
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I have a beer(s) for you....
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
myzmak2415.00
      03-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #2148
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
(((myzmak))) beat you to it with the Coors Light/Canadian piss joke a while ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #2149
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
(((myzmak))) beat you to it with the Coors Light/Canadian piss joke a while ago.
yeah, lets not even talk about American beer.....

Anyway, only hours after praising the Kings for beating the sharks the fuckers went and beat the flames. While the flames stopped playing in the final few minutes, for most of the game it was something like 30 shots to 15 FOR the flames but kings had scored on a goal in the first minute.

fortunately, the red wings did us a solid and beat san jose so we retain a 6 point cushion.

magic number of flames wins/SJ losses for us to lock 1st is now 3.5 with 6 games left (including one against each other). so odds favour flames winning 1st, but ever since the all star break they have been either on a 6 game + win streak or a 4-5 game lose streak - always one or the other. SO if a loss yesterday means a losing streak is here...that ain't good.

In other news, hey Wah I see the new/final M4 is being offered in your dream frozen blue II. you gonna pop on that shit or what?
      03-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #2150
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

We always thought we'd build a new house where we are too....but eventually decided our house was fine, didn't need a mortgage for something that would not make a practical difference. new house is vacation property so easier to justify the (too much) money we'll spend on it.
      03-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #2151
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, lets not even talk about American beer.....

Anyway, only hours after praising the Kings for beating the sharks the fuckers went and beat the flames. While the flames stopped playing in the final few minutes, for most of the game it was something like 30 shots to 15 FOR the flames but kings had scored on a goal in the first minute.

fortunately, the red wings did us a solid and beat san jose so we retain a 6 point cushion.

magic number of flames wins/SJ losses for us to lock 1st is now 3.5 with 6 games left (including one against each other). so odds favour flames winning 1st, but ever since the all star break they have been either on a 6 game + win streak or a 4-5 game lose streak - always one or the other. SO if a loss yesterday means a losing streak is here...that ain't good.

In other news, hey Wah I see the new/final M4 is being offered in your dream frozen blue II. you gonna pop on that shit or what?
No way man! I'm kinda over the frozen paint thing. I'm still loving my 2018 SO 6MT. I don't remember the last time I had no desire to change cars. I sent her in yesterday to get the M Performance HAS kit installed, so tomorrow I will love my car even more.

Last month they were giving away M4 CS's over here... $106msrp CS cars were going for almost $20K off. If I wanted Frozen Blue bad enough, I would have jumped on one of those, but the DCT only was a deal breaker.
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
myzmak2415.00
      03-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #2152
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
No way man! I'm kinda over the frozen paint thing. I'm still loving my 2018 SO 6MT. I don't remember the last time I had no desire to change cars. I sent her in yesterday to get the M Performance HAS kit installed, so tomorrow I will love my car even more.

Last month they were giving away M4 CS's over here... $106msrp CS cars were going for almost $20K off. If I wanted Frozen Blue bad enough, I would have jumped on one of those, but the DCT only was a deal breaker.
I’m looking in to the HAS kit now that I don’t have to worry about clearance. If you remember, let me know what you think and how much you paid total/install etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 11:09 AM   #2153
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’m looking in to the HAS kit now that I don’t have to worry about clearance. If you remember, let me know what you think and how much you paid total/install etc.
I drove a M3 at one of the M track days that was equipped with HAS right before I picked up my 2018 M4. I remember it feeling super planted... it was a totally different car. I told myself I was definitely going to do it but then I went cheapo and just got eibachs. The eibachs were fine for reducing the wheel gap, but the ride was closer to stock. After thinking about it for a while, I finally bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered the HAS kit. Cost is about $1200 for the kit and $800 for the install. Then you need an alignment after a few hundred miles.

My buddy has tried all the suspension options in his car and he says the M HAS felt the best...
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      03-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #2154
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I drove a M3 at one of the M track days that was equipped with HAS right before I picked up my 2018 M4. I remember it feeling super planted... it was a totally different car. I told myself I was definitely going to do it but then I went cheapo and just got eibachs. The eibachs were fine for reducing the wheel gap, but the ride was closer to stock. After thinking about it for a while, I finally bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered the HAS kit. Cost is about $1200 for the kit and $800 for the install. Then you need an alignment after a few hundred miles.

My buddy has tried all the suspension options in his car and he says the M HAS felt the best...
Thanks for the review, I’ve heard about 2k all in is the usual rate. Plus alignment of course.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #2155
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

yeah, I've been saying since Day 1 with this car that despite all the DCT technology and advertising, the only way the MT is just so superior for this particular car.

I've noticed you are quiet on our hockey talk; don't wanna talk about the devils or anything?
      03-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #2156
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, I've been saying since Day 1 with this car that despite all the DCT technology and advertising, the only way the MT is just so superior for this particular car.

I've noticed you are quiet on our hockey talk; don't wanna talk about the devils or anything?

Thats it... thats all I got.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00