Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-10-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
stoes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 M3

Swift springs after 1 year

Can anyone who's had swift springs on their car for over a year tell me how the car has held up? I've got an 18 m4 comp, with swifts sitting in the garage for 8 months now. I'm not sure if I want to put them on or not. I'm worried after a year or so the car will ride like crap. I know, this is a definite possibility when buying springs..
is the car bouncy ? Teeth rattling at bumps?
I prefer the stiff ride, always in sport plus across the board. Any insight would be appreciated
      05-10-2022, 09:11 AM   #2
F80RN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 m3/2016 x3

I've been running used Swift springs for a year now, and no complaints whatsoever. However the roads here are fairly smooth, and I don't track or drive aggressively
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:23 PM   #3
Gtracer
Rookie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS, 2021 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoes View Post
Can anyone who's had swift springs on their car for over a year tell me how the car has held up? I've got an 18 m4 comp, with swifts sitting in the garage for 8 months now. I'm not sure if I want to put them on or not. I'm worried after a year or so the car will ride like crap. I know, this is a definite possibility when buying springs..
I prefer the stiff ride, always in sport plus across the board. Any insight would be appreciated
I had them on my 18 ZCP and now have the same set on my 18 M3CS. They ride amazing and I love the look. They don't feel any different now than they did the the day I put them on my comp.
      05-11-2022, 05:54 PM   #4
stoes
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtracer View Post
Quote:
I had them on my 18 ZCP and now have the same set on my 18 M3CS. They ride amazing and I love the look. They don't feel any different now than they did the the day I put them on my comp.
Perfect! Appreciate it.
      05-11-2022, 07:02 PM   #5
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Perfect! Appreciate it.
The ride does deteriorate. Takes 1.5yrs or so and gets progressively worse over time, dampers end up getting really loud and small bumps bottom you out.
      05-12-2022, 06:43 AM   #6
stoes
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Perfect! Appreciate it.
The ride does deteriorate. Takes 1.5yrs or so and gets progressively worse over time, dampers end up getting really loud and small bumps bottom you out.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. I may return them and get coil overs. Thank you for giving me a negative review, Thsts what I'm looking for