Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

View Poll Results: would you still have bought the M3/4
No, would have gone else where 6 12.50%
100% would still have bought it 42 87.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

07-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #23
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
The early card launch to 4 months or so we're a little underwhelming with traction and sound being challenging. I'd have no gripes about getting another however as a CP or not.
In fact you nearly did have one.

Now Tony has it and will have the diff issue like the rest of us.
Foresight
      07-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #24
M4Raaj
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D M Sport

Don't know anything, still waiting for her to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #25
Yas_Man
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Speed Yellow M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyali86 View Post

m3 vs e63s, how much faster would you need a car to be? the m3/m4 punches well above its weight for the power it has.

I had a tuned TT RS previously which for anyone that owned one, will know its a complete rocketship when fettled (over 400bhp) , I am fairly confident that even in standard form once rolling the m4 will be quicker

If it still bothers you, get a map or tuning box

To keep on topic, things that bothered about the m4 -

Sound - now sorted which cg valve controller and exhaust work by paul

Front arch gap and ride height - sorted with springs and spacers ( not such a problem with m3)

I would be surprised if any rwd, high torque car put its power down efficiently (the 911 basically has engine sitting above the front wheels before anyone mentions that)

And yes, I would still go for it, the only car that tickles my fancy at the moment is the c63 coupe
This video shows nothing that any real driver would care about - it's in a straight line, show both cars a corner at a decent speed and the M3/M4 will go round it, the Merc will find itself parked up a tree.

I also had a fettled TT RS with a around 420BHP, in a similar straight line thrash, my M4 would waste it, take both cars down a typical british b road on a a typical damp british day and the TT RS would leave the M4 for dead . . . . . . . but the M4 will always be way more fun to drive than a merc that cannot go round corners and a TT RS that can go round corners with no skill or talent, just bravery

The only thing I wish, is that I'd bought an M3 over the M4 - I love mine but I can't help feeling the M3 looks more beefy and masculine, other than that, I love it as much as my CSL and my old white E46 CSL rep.

Awesome wagon.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #26
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I think the video was pretty pertinent to the OP's thread to be fair.
      07-22-2016, 02:31 AM   #27
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

It's an interesting comparison between the C63 and the M3. I've driven the C63 as it was in consideration at the time.

I think as a daily driver, the C63 is just superb. I love the engine noise - even just pottering around it sounds classy (not something you can really say about the M3). The interior looks lovely but I actually find the M3 more practical and a bit less chinzy. Comand has improved but still prefer iDrive. Wins on refinement as well.

BUT my M3 is just sooo much fun and can be chucked around in a way the C63 just can't. Okay so I have coilovers on mine which take it to another level but the trade off is a low speed ride that not everyone would accept. I wanted something with 4 seats and a boot that would give me a chuckle dynamically in a way that the Lotuses did. I knew I'd not keep it standard when I bought it but for me that was part of the fun.

Would I have another one? Yes. Will I have another one? Nope. House for life is next so will pay this off and run it for a good while. Only car being replaced in next 5 years will be the Disco once they bring out decent hybrid version that's cheap on tax!!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 05:09 AM   #28
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

I have not driven a C63 (not the new one), I think I rushed in to the M4 way to quickly, it was the car I had always wanted and didn't care if it was right or not....just had to have it.
Think I will start crunching some man numbers and see how things sit
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #29
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I have not driven a C63 (not the new one), I think I rushed in to the M4 way to quickly, it was the car I had always wanted and didn't care if it was right or not....just had to have it.
Think I will start crunching some man numbers and see how things sit
I test drove the C63 s 3 times before settling on the M3. Another poster referenced the Chintzy interior. I agree. Also the outside styling left me a bit cold. It is 7 inches longer and 5 inches wider than the M3 but looks much bigger. Overall the M3 felt and looked (and now feels and looks as I now have my YMBM3) much more the performance car. Helpfully practical too. As nice sounding as the C63s was I suppose I would best describe it as the older gentlemen's performance car (and I am 55!).
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #30
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

The C in C63 does stand for chintz, I heard that from Stuttgart...it's official!
      08-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #31
PeteRock
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SO Comp Pack F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10 View Post
I test drove the C63 s 3 times before settling on the M3. Another poster referenced the Chintzy interior. I agree. Also the outside styling left me a bit cold. It is 7 inches longer and 5 inches wider than the M3 but looks much bigger. Overall the M3 felt and looked (and now feels and looks as I now have my YMBM3) much more the performance car. Helpfully practical too. As nice sounding as the C63s was I suppose I would best describe it as the older gentlemen's performance car (and I am 55!).
I agree. C63 got way too serious. Went from a rude boy car with the w204 (loved it, that car had so much more character) to an old mans car with the w205.
Appreciate 1