Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

09-07-2016, 06:52 AM   #23
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Yeah, especially with the relatively long service intervals.

I'll check the price of the first 2 services after the RIS and weigh it up from there.
Daz, if you do decide to buy the pack, dont leave it long before you pay for it.
I left mine a little while before buying it and got a bit close to 1200 miles!! When you buy it, it takes a week or more to show up on the system so other dealers know you've bought it.

Mind, I bought it from TRL's Berry and had it serviced at Dick Lovett. I think Dick Lovett said if I'd have bought it from them, it wouldn't have been a problem. But I was told by TRL it needed to be purchased from the dealer that supplied the car, which doesn't appear to be the case, according to my local dealer!

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
DazC905.00
      09-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #24
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Daz, if you do decide to buy the pack, dont leave it long before you pay for it.
I left mine a little while before buying it and got a bit close to 1200 miles!! When you buy it, it takes a week or more to show up on the system so other dealers know you've bought it.

Mind, I bought it from TRL's Berry and had it serviced at Dick Lovett. I think Dick Lovett said if I'd have bought it from them, it wouldn't have been a problem. But I was told by TRL it needed to be purchased from the dealer that supplied the car, which doesn't appear to be the case, according to my local dealer!
Thanks for that advice mate. I believe you have 60 days from purchase to buy it. With the RIS being paid for by my supplying dealer, if i do the 1200 before the 60 days i still wouldn't have to pay for it anyway - if you know what I mean!
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #25
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Thanks for that advice mate. I believe you have 60 days from purchase to buy it. With the RIS being paid for by my supplying dealer, if i do the 1200 before the 60 days i still wouldn't have to pay for it anyway - if you know what I mean!
Yes indeed 60 days, but you may well do 1200 miles before that!! I was just talking purely if you decide to buy the pack.
But yes, if you don’t decide to buy the pack and take the free RIS then the above is not an issue.

Hang on, I see what you mean. You could take the free RIS then buy the pack still!!!! As long as its all within 60 days. Gotcha

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
DazC905.00