Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

11-30-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
SteveMarsden
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3, F82 M4

F82 Race Car

I guess I should start out by saying I’m new to the coding scene but have done quite a bit research and currently have a working version of E-Sys 3.28.1 using Launcher Pro 2.8.2. As I’m nearing the completion of an M4 race car build and get to the point where I need to code out various car components. Things that I wish to code out are all airbags as they have been removed, all the cameras, the seats and seat belts have been removed, tyre pressure monitoring, BMW ConnectedDrive (accident notification, etc), and I’m sure there are others not yet thought of. Any advice would be most welcome on how to attack this task.

Last edited by SteveMarsden; 12-01-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMarsden View Post
I guess I should start out by saying I’m new to the coding scene but have done quite a bit research and currently have a working version of E-Sys 3.28.1 using Launcher Pro 2.8.2. As I’m nearing the completion of an M4 race car build and get to the point where I need to code out various car components. Things that I wish to code out are all airbags as they have been removed, all the cameras, the seats and seat belts have been removed, tyre pressure monitoring, BMW ConnectedDrive (accident notification, etc), and I’m sure there are others not yet thought of. Any advice would be most welcome on how to attach this task.
Pictures of the car please
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
SteveMarsden
Australia
Rep

Here you go
Attached Images

Last edited by SteveMarsden; 12-01-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
SteveMarsden
Australia
Rep

After doing a little more research I’m wondering if it as simple (I use that term cautiously), as editing the FA and deleting the options I no longer require. Or is it more complex than that?

Last edited by SteveMarsden; 12-02-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
bracer
Mr Bill
Rep
Drives: GLC63

Hi Steve,

Since nobody had taken a crack at this I'll chime in with what I know. Some things you can code out if there was a model without that option. Heated seats, edc, etc... Other things will be more difficult if there wasn't a model that didn't have the option (airbags, etc). There can be some trial and error on coding out some things, I've managed to code out everthing around the front seats to be able to run race seats without the integrated seatbelts, airbags, seat heaters, etc..., but I suspect some things will just not be possible.

I'd probably give someone like Alex at Alpine a ring to see what he thinks.

Connected drive should not be a problem (models don't have it - just remove the option on the FA

Airbags - I know you can do seats as I've done that, along with seatbelts, etc... (If you search on my username you should be able to find a thread when I detailed that)

Cameras - Should be able to be FA coded for sure

All Airbags - That one may be tough - Not sure

Tire pressure - There are threads on this - 100% know this can be done

Hopefully that helps get you started.
Turbo Miata Racecar (sold)
1995, 2009, 2015 M3 (sold)
Appreciate 0