BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

ED and BMWCCA Rebate question

Sorry if this seems obvious but I just wanted to make sure...so I checked the BMWCCA rebate application form and one option for proof of purchase for ED is Acceptance Receipt. Am I correct in assuming that you receive the Acceptance Receipt once you take delivery at the Welt?

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicchicken View Post
Sorry if this seems obvious but I just wanted to make sure...so I checked the BMWCCA rebate application form and one option for proof of purchase for ED is Acceptance Receipt. Am I correct in assuming that you receive the Acceptance Receipt once you take delivery at the Welt?

Thanks for your help
Yes, it is in your packet. I just did this process a couple of months ago and recently received my check. Have fun
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

That's correct. I got my rebate check before my car was re-delivered last fall. Very efficient process.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
To echo what others have said, yes, the Acceptance Receipt is among the paperwork you sign at the Welt prior to your delivery and you take home a copy. (Or in our case, after the delivery because they didn't have the paperwork or the plates ready before the delivery. )

Also, be aware that you no longer have to mail the check request and Acceptance Receipt; you can now scan and e-mail them to rewards@bmwcca.org.

We did Euro Delivery on July 18, returned home on August 4, scanned and e-mailed the paperwork on Friday, August 10, and received confirmation by e-mail that the paperwork was accepted later that day with this message:
"Thank you for your interest in the BMW CCA Membership Reward Program. We have received your application and your application is pending processing at this time. Your submitted documentation is sufficient for processing. Once your application has been processed by BMW CCA your application will be sent to BMW NA for approval and payment and you will be able to view your rebate status on our website at that time. The processing timeframe for rebates is approximately three months. Please expect another email once your application is available to view online and have a good day."
Neither of the prior two times took three months.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

Thank you all for the response. I'll be sure to scan and submit the documents as soon as I get back. On average how long does it take to receive the check?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Thank you all for the response. I'll be sure to scan and submit the documents as soon as I get back. On average how long does it take to receive the check?
It varies. I'm at a month now and still pending. IIRC it's anywhere from 6-12 weeks
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #7
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
I got my check in about three weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
I got my check in about three weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.
Mine came in just less than 2 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #9
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

I just submitted mine a couple of days ago. We'll see how long it takes.

Thanks to this thread for reminding me. I had to submit it within 60 days of Euro delivery and I was already past 1 month.

Last time I submitted it (7 years ago), I don't recall it taking longer than a month or so to get the check.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #10
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I just submitted mine a couple of days ago. We'll see how long it takes.

Thanks to this thread for reminding me. I had to submit it within 60 days of Euro delivery and I was already past 1 month.

Last time I submitted it (7 years ago), I don't recall it taking longer than a month or so to get the check.
I'm glad this thread reminded you, an inadvertent reminder!!! I guess its similar to when most people see the low price and buy that new electronic appliance but either forget or lose the receipt or UPC code from the box and their claim is denied. Hehe. I'll submit mine as soon as I get back and make sure I dot all the I's and cross all the T's!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #11
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
I'm glad this thread reminded you, an inadvertent reminder!!! I guess its similar to when most people see the low price and buy that new electronic appliance but either forget or lose the receipt or UPC code from the box and their claim is denied. Hehe. I'll submit mine as soon as I get back and make sure I dot all the I's and cross all the T's!!!
Two years ago BMW had an unprecedented rebate program on parts. Buy any BMW M Performance part at any authorized BMW dealer, online or in person, and get a 25% rebate back on whatever part(s) you bought, at whatever price you paid. All you had to do was scan and submit your receipt(s) electronically and you got a Visa card back with the rebate amount on it. It was such a good dealer that initially a lot of people thought it was a hoax.

I had just bought my M4, and I bought all of the CF interior goodies, the CF rear spoiler, the CP black grilles, side gills, and rear badge, and the MPE. i told all of my friends about it, and most of the people who participated in the #CentennialMTour group Euro Delivery and bought M2s, M3s, and M4s took advantage of this and ordered a bunch of goodies for their cars.

Somehow I had gotten it in m head that the deadline for submitting your receipts was August 30. Too late, I realized that it was August 15. I lost probably around $1,500 on that mistake. My wife was not happy, especially since i had justified the purchases on the basis that BMW had never done that before...

At least I didn't forget about the BMW CCA rebate!

Appreciate 0