proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

05-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

BMW Tyre and Rim Insurance Claim

Hey all

Sorry if this is in the wrong section since the question is about insurance claims but it is also to do with wheels so I was not sure where this belonged.

So a few weeks ago I made a post about getting a huge nail in my front right tyre. Since then it has repaired and I have also purchased BMW Tyre and Rim insurance.

However I have now noticed the right tyre is leaking air at a rate of about 4 PSI a fortnight so ill probably be needing to go into a tyre store to get this fixed up. I assume the fix wasn't sealed properly.

I called up BMW Insurance and they have told me i can actually go anywhere as long as the tyre company is happy to call BMW + Provide photo evidence if required and give me an invoice for everything.

Just wanted to check if anyone else has Tyre and Rim insurance how they went about making the claim? Just rock up to your preferred tyre store get it fixed (Photos + call) and email BMW the invoice?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

My local tire guy will file a claim for the BMW Wheel and Tire Insurance for sure. I'm sure not all of them will, but I know for a fact that mine does.
      05-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
cagg1126
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Hey all

Sorry if this is in the wrong section since the question is about insurance claims but it is also to do with wheels so I was not sure where this belonged.

So a few weeks ago I made a post about getting a huge nail in my front right tyre. Since then it has repaired and I have also purchased BMW Tyre and Rim insurance.

However I have now noticed the right tyre is leaking air at a rate of about 4 PSI a fortnight so ill probably be needing to go into a tyre store to get this fixed up. I assume the fix wasn't sealed properly.

I called up BMW Insurance and they have told me i can actually go anywhere as long as the tyre company is happy to call BMW + Provide photo evidence if required and give me an invoice for everything.

Just wanted to check if anyone else has Tyre and Rim insurance how they went about making the claim? Just rock up to your preferred tyre store get it fixed (Photos + call) and email BMW the invoice?
I have a 2015 M$ conv and i didnt purchase the tire and wheel warranty and i need a passenger rear tire. did you buy it after your purchased the car? if so can you provide some feedback as to where you purchased it
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagg1126 View Post
I have a 2015 M$ conv and i didnt purchase the tire and wheel warranty and i need a passenger rear tire. did you buy it after your purchased the car? if so can you provide some feedback as to where you purchased it

Yes after I got my first nail, I some proper research into the cost per tyre i realized all i needed was to swap out 1.5 tyres over the course of 3 years to recoupe my costs. Having driven on my flat tyre for a little while I quickly realized my front tyre may be in danger and on its last legs so i thought hey why not get the insurance this front tyre might kick the bucket any time within these 3 years lol.

I called the dealership about 3 months after taking delivery of the car for tyre / rim insurance.

I am in Australia so the costings are probably different, all up it was $900 for 3 years. The tyres are about $650-700 here per tyre.

Although do note, i did some further research on tyre and rim insurance (after taking out the policy) and apparently there are some good alternatives. You do not have to get it from the dealer and some third party policies work out to be cheaper. So either shop around or haggle with the dealer. Even the one I purchased through the dealer is run through a third party insurance company.
Appreciate 0