EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #23
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Make sure you're using the web at http://www.bootmod3.net and also the latest version of the OBD agent.

If still seeing it just just reach out to us through our Tech Support portal and send us your VIN and a screenshot of the Vehicle Details screen showing software versions and we'll get it squared away.
Yes using website and latest agent.

I already have a request open on the portal and sent emails to support@
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #24
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Thanks. Going to purchase later today

Actually one more question

Can I modify the "burble" feature to my liking using your software?

Thanks. You guys are the best
As soon as all the dust around the OBD unlock release settles we'll be getting ready to release the end user screen for the burble adjuster which you'll be able to use with any map you might have in your account. It'll be able to do a few more neat things other than adjust burble too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cfd bmr View Post
I was going to use the ENET cable + Ethernet to USB converter + the Samsung USB to MicroUSB converter to my Galaxy S7 edge. That said, I've not gotten a chance to perform the install yet. Also, it appears PTF alluded to the Android and iOS apps being updated. I'm still on v09.37 so I think I need v09.45 or later.

I'll probably just use my windows laptop to do the OBD Unlock first and load the maps and then use my phone for any map updates.
Most Androids don't support direct ethernet well unfortunately, Samsung devices especially. You can use get a wifi obd agent from us to use with your phone.

Apps are in the process of getting updated with all the new screens now so for now its best to use a laptop, windows or mac, to get this done as well as use the new offline flasher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Yeah, stg 1 or 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4GUY2018 View Post
You guys are truly awesome!!! with all the questions and so forth you all got it done and working !!! save me a big headache on not removing the dme... Cary Jordan and i will be tuning here soon....
Appreciate 2
FSociety3811.50
whoop_ass355.00
      02-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #25
jwoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competetion

A few quick questions that I couldn't find...

1. Can I enable the GTS startup? I think they call it GTS roar?
2. The maps included are CS and GTS correct? Do you have any HP and TQ numbers for those maps?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #26
809jdm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Amazing work guys !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #27
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post

2. The maps included are CS and GTS correct? Do you have any HP and TQ numbers for those maps?
1) Its part of all our staged maps by default

2) Yes, included. We've never had a chance to dyno CS and GTS maps as they're just factory data.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      02-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #28
m4journey
Private
Rep
Drives: f82

Awesome work!
When ios updated released for iPhone, I am correct that the obd wifi agent is not needed?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #29
Slimjim8201
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 - 6MT YMB

Quote:
Thank you

Yep. Our OTS Maps are based on a map credit system. The ones listed 'free' (0 credits required) in the OTS Map screen for the S55 are the GTS and CS currently so everyone signing up gets access to those. Everyone also gets 1 paid (1 credit required) OTS map included such as Stage 1 or 2 or 2H for 91, 93 or E30 octane. In other words, license for the S55 currently includes 3 OTS maps. Additional OTS map credits for the S55 are just another $100 if needed.

GTS TCU flash is included with the license purchase, yes.

TCU flash remains the only feature requiring internet to flash today but its on the table to to look into moving that one into offline mode as well with a deeper dive into possibilities of customizing TCU programming.
Can you shed some light on the CS and GTS maps? I assume these are not the actual production maps from BMW, but rather equivalent power level maps from PTF? I'm less interested in the power adjustments and more curious about driveability. Specifically, there are things about the stock civic M3 map that I really don't care for that were improved with the comp package. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!
      02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #30
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjim8201 View Post
Can you shed some light on the CS and GTS maps? I assume these are not the actual production maps from BMW, but rather equivalent power level maps from PTF? I'm less interested in the power adjustments and more curious about driveability. Specifically, there are things about the stock civic M3 map that I really don't care for that were improved with the comp package. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!
Also would you know why the factory GTS needed water injection at that power level? Without water injection would it be safe to run the GTS map? I'm guessing Stage 1 would be even more aggressive right?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #31
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjim8201 View Post
Quote:
Thank you

Yep. Our OTS Maps are based on a map credit system. The ones listed 'free' (0 credits required) in the OTS Map screen for the S55 are the GTS and CS currently so everyone signing up gets access to those. Everyone also gets 1 paid (1 credit required) OTS map included such as Stage 1 or 2 or 2H for 91, 93 or E30 octane. In other words, license for the S55 currently includes 3 OTS maps. Additional OTS map credits for the S55 are just another $100 if needed.

GTS TCU flash is included with the license purchase, yes.

TCU flash remains the only feature requiring internet to flash today but its on the table to to look into moving that one into offline mode as well with a deeper dive into possibilities of customizing TCU programming.
PTF,
Further to this, can you shed light on what another tuner posted about the CS and ZCP tune for those of us who want to ensure proper are oil levels can be read.

"When the oil settings are not reverted back to how they are on stock NON GTS/CS, the car will indicate that the oil is too HIGH, not too low.*

... the oil quantity measurement settings that prevent the too high warning from being displayed on the non GTS/CS using a GTS/CS base, but other settings in the file that also need to be reverted back for proper measurement/calculation while driving."
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #32
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
PTF,
Further to this, can you shed light on what another tuner posted about the CS and ZCP tune for those of us who want to ensure proper are oil levels can be read.

"When the oil settings are not reverted back to how they are on stock NON GTS/CS, the car will indicate that the oil is too HIGH, not too low.*

... the oil quantity measurement settings that prevent the too high warning from being displayed on the non GTS/CS using a GTS/CS base, but other settings in the file that also need to be reverted back for proper measurement/calculation while driving."
You do not get a FULL GTS file as that would cause issues such as oil too high codes.

We transfer burble and the power increase (boost/timing)
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      02-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #33
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

BM3 FTW!! I know you guys spent insane hours on this and the offline flash to keep pushing the envelope. Congrats on the release!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #34
jwoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competetion

Quote:

2) Yes, included. We've never had a chance to dyno CS and GTS maps as they're just factory data.
Thanks. I assume cold start is deleted too in that case?

Last question, almost forgot...

3. When I revert back to stock? Is it my original stock file or a "stock file" that PTF created?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #35
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

I can't get the website to open
I guess there are a lot of us on it right now.
      02-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #36
eandy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
I can't get the website to open
I guess there are a lot of us on it right now.
I can get it to open but keeps telling me my software is out of date (only installed it today) new laptop, latest Java, latest Java Developer Kit, Agent Download, my BM version matches the OBD version on the front page.

So it fails the moment I try to activate the key.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #37
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Took a while but I got through and ordered.

Again, is cold start still part of CS, GTS and stage 1 tune. Hoping it is.

Also, it does work on the Mac correct.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #38
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4journey View Post
Awesome work!
When ios updated released for iPhone, I am correct that the obd wifi agent is not needed?
Same question...
      02-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #39
eandy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepotholez View Post
are you guys getting the errors with the laptop also?
Yes.

Seems from above at least 6 of us having the same issues. No idea if helps but this is my software version.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #40
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Hey everyone, happy to announce general availability of the bootmod3 OBD unlock feature It is now available to anyone with an S55 without restrictions.

Details on OBD unlock as well as the recently released offline flasher can be found in our earlier thread here.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1463379

OBD unlock compared to pulling the DME for a bench unlock does not impose any limitations tuning wise (e.g. when it comes to making power). It is simply an alternate and more convenient option to unlocking your DME for programming through the OBD port.

Our testing concluded last night with a track going S55 at EAS. Their customer's ZCP M4 is running with a custom full E85 tune done by Cary Jordan CaryTheLabelGuy

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=210

There is no additional cost involved in getting this done. All that is required is a generic BMW ENET cable which you can get on Amazon for ~$20 (one example we've used in the past LINK HERE) and a bootmod3 software license you can purchase through any of our authorized dealers.

Let us know if any questions at all
Great working with you guys, got more lined up this week ready to flash.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #41
Agirak
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82

For anyone getting the DME error, this is what I've found out.

They're just updating servers with the very latest software versions to match all DME versions. Its a large download so it'll be a couple hours.

Worst case scenario, you will need to update your DME to the latest version via BMW tool or dealership.
      02-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #42
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agirak View Post

Worrst case scenario, you will need to update your DME to the latest version via BMW tool or dealership.
I'm relatively knew to this. Can PTF update the DME to the latest version or do we have to find other means?
      02-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #43
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialdistractions View Post
I'm relatively knew to this. Can PTF update the DME to the latest version or do we have to find other means?
The dealership is going to be your best bet
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #44
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post

Congrats on the new offline flasher and obd unlock, the only thing which I didn't like coming from JB4 was the inconvenience between tune selections and now I'm eager to have more maps!

One question in my mind though, if this GTS roar became a part of all your maps, I wonder if I'm the only one complaining about start/stop gts roar? When on bumper to bumper traffic it's impossible to drive the car using start/stop because every time the car makes a gts roar and I need to wait idle to settle before moving again. It creates problem on the traffic and if I try to move right away the car kind of kicks back due to rpm being high for to move. My car is DCT.
Appreciate 0