BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #89
SenorRoadRage
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BSM F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
A bit off topic, but I would upgrade the CAI/FMIC mainly for sound.

We're currently always reminded that the S55 doesn't sound great because of the turbos, but I feel like the wooshing noises provided by the likes of the MSR intake/the maximum psi intake create noises that are pretty awesome and give the S55 some much needed character.

Anywho, the MSR intake sounds absurdly good, but that's far too much for what it is.
This.

Bringing up an old thread but whatever.

So many people think the M4 stock exhaust sucks and the sound of turbos is too ricey and it should be a V8 and blah blah etc etc. I’m starting to believe I’m the only one who doesn’t mind the stock exhaust and actually enjoys the sounds of the turbos. I think that we should all do what makes us happy.

There are a few cheap options for intakes (VRSF and Phoenix) that look like the best option. I think $200 is a good price to pay to get involved with the inner workings of the engine bay and to get the sounds I’m looking for. These intakes aren’t for butt dyno, they’re for the ear dyno and I’m not trying to spend $500+ on a metal tube with some filters on the end.
Appreciate 0