R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Rattle Front Dash around HUD

I've been having issues tracking down a rattle in the front dash around the HUD area. The way I would describe it sounds like a visor flapping. I took it to the dealership and they claimed it was a wire that was moving and they zip tied it. It made no difference. They also checked the AC vents. This rattle only appears when the car has vertical movements (up and down).

Has anyone else ran into this issue or ideas on what to check? I checked the guide for rattles around the HUD and it wasn't the noise. It's not a creak from the HUD surround.

This is very present on almost all types of roads unless it's perfectly smooth road. On a road with no cracks that has some dips in the road can cause it. So it's constant.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I've been having issues tracking down a rattle in the front dash around the HUD area. The way I would describe it sounds like a visor flapping. I took it to the dealership and they claimed it was a wire that was moving and they zip tied it. It made no difference. They also checked the AC vents. This rattle only appears when the car has vertical movements (up and down).

Has anyone else ran into this issue or ideas on what to check? I checked the guide for rattles around the HUD and it wasn't the noise. It's not a creak from the HUD surround.

This is very present on almost all types of roads unless it's perfectly smooth road. On a road with no cracks that has some dips in the road can cause it. So it's constant.
I had an issue with the actual HUD casing separating underneath the reflective part. Replaced under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
I had an issue with the actual HUD casing separating underneath the reflective part. Replaced under warranty.
Did it cause a noise? How do you know that this is happening?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0