European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-05-2023, 09:12 AM   #1
F82.lani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

So getting my Kratos turbos in this week.
Will have upgraded turbos, TMIC, charge pipes, J pipe, intakes, and heat exchanger. Also has full awe exhaust and downpipes. With a tune should I expect flose to 700 hp?
Or do I need a HPFP and LPFP. I plan on staying on pump gas as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:47 AM   #2
Schemxr
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

with kratos turbos you will not really need to upgrade your lpfp or hpfp but if you do not, you can easily achieve 700whp with an e50 blend tune with f80paul.

fbo recommended:
downpipes, intakes, chargepipes/jpipe

other recommendation:
either get a single pipe or go to an exhaust shop and have them cut the secondary catalytic converters out as they create restrictions as well. personally i have the vrsf single midpipe connected to the axle back iPE valve controlled muffler.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:28 AM   #3
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Flex fuel and those turbos 700+ easy, I would heed the above advice on exhaust though
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:02 AM   #4
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82.lani View Post
Will have upgraded turbos, TMIC, charge pipes, J pipe, intakes, and heat exchanger. Also has full awe exhaust and downpipes. With a tune should I expect flose to 700 hp?
All the mods you have are good for efficiency and small hp increases but you'll need fueling upgrades to support 700. I've hit 680 with stock injectors but they didn't last long since they were running at their limits and I was running E85. Order some EU5s (Dorch has them for a good price with the decoupler) and see where that gets you. If the injectors are starving for fuel a Dorch Lift Kit should fix that. The stock LPFP sends enough fuel from the tank to the HPFP to support 700whp.

You could also go the PI route and keep your EU6s but then you'll need to also add a Motiv Re|Flex and generally the tune cost will go up with additional components. Additional components also mean more parts that can potentially fail. I personally like to keep things as simple as possible and operating at their normal limits for reliability.
      02-06-2023, 10:22 AM   #5
F82.lani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schemxr View Post
with kratos turbos you will not really need to upgrade your lpfp or hpfp but if you do not, you can easily achieve 700whp with an e50 blend tune with f80paul.

fbo recommended:
downpipes, intakes, chargepipes/jpipe

other recommendation:
either get a single pipe or go to an exhaust shop and have them cut the secondary catalytic converters out as they create restrictions as well. personally i have the vrsf single midpipe connected to the axle back iPE valve controlled muffler.

Ah, I shouldve been a bit clearer. Car has no cats, vrsf downpipes and full awe exhaust. Was really wondering would I need a lpfp/hpfp, as was trying to keep it at pump gas (93) and if so is there anything else I needed to do to it
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 11:09 AM   #6
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82.lani View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! We would be more than happy to help assist you regarding your questions, but would need to clarify some information first. Regarding your hp goals we wanted to clarify if you meant flywheel hp or whp? Also, when you stated you're only looking to run pump gas, does that include pump E85?
Appreciate 0