Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

08-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
never1991
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition

Car coded and problems with official dealer. Help! (Solved!)

Hello all,

I had to deliver the car to the BMW dealer for a air conditioner codification but he had some a lot of problems with this codification.
The dealer says that he had to restore and update the iDrive unit before to codify the air conditioner system, because a "third party" codification was found in the system locking the codification.

So I assume that is related the CarPlay activation that was done using the USB method some mounths ago by a member of this forum.

Today the car was returned to me but with no maps loaded. I had contracted on ConnectedDrive the subscription to update maps until October '21 so I prepared the USB stick as usual but the car says that the code is not correct and is not possible to upload the maps into the car.

I returned back the car to the official dealer and after some hours investigating, they have not possibility to load the new maps. He same problem that I have. The dealer says that needs more time for investigating and I have the impression that they have no idea what is the root of this problem.

So...I think that the previous CarPlay USB codification changed the original FSC code of my iDrive and since then my iDrive is locked. (Also I checked with Bimmercode that my NBT unit is not accesible for coding)

Is it possible recover the original FCS of my iDrive?
If they restore my iDrive as factory defaults, they could generate the original FSC code?
Other problem is related?
Any idea to comment to the dealer?

Many thanks for your support!

Last edited by never1991; 08-27-2021 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by never1991 View Post
Hello all,

I had to deliver the car to the BMW dealer for a air conditioner codification but he had some a lot of problems with this codification.
The dealer says that he had to restore and update the iDrive unit before to codify the air conditioner system, because a "third party" codification was found in the system locking the codification.

So I assume that is related the CarPlay activation that was done using the USB method some mounths ago by a member of this forum.

Today the car was returned to me but with no maps loaded. I had contracted on ConnectedDrive the subscription to update maps until October '21 so I prepared the USB stick as usual but the car says that the code is not correct and is not possible to upload the maps into the car.

I returned back the car to the official dealer and after some hours investigating, they have not possibility to load the new maps. He same problem that I have. The dealer says that needs more time for investigating and I have the impression that they have no idea what is the root of this problem.

So...I think that the previous CarPlay USB codification changed the original FSC code of my iDrive and since then my iDrive is locked. (Also I checked with Bimmercode that my NBT unit is not accesible for coding)

Is it possible recover the original FCS of my iDrive?
If they restore my iDrive as factory defaults, they could generate the original FSC code?
Other problem is related?
Any idea to comment to the dealer?

Many thanks for your support!
PM me your VIN, we will handle that for you
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
never1991
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
PM me your VIN, we will handle that for you
PM sent

At this point, I would like to revert or left my iDrive into OEM situation. I would like to have no issues with my official dealer because they are expending a lot of time investigating with my car.

So, once fixed officially, I'm considering to renew the official maps updates and buy the CarPlay activation following the official process over ConnectedDrive.

Thanls and regards
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by never1991 View Post
PM sent

At this point, I would like to revert or left my iDrive into OEM situation. I would like to have no issues with my official dealer because they are expending a lot of time investigating with my car.

So, once fixed officially, I'm considering to renew the official maps updates and buy the CarPlay activation following the official process over ConnectedDrive.

Thanls and regards
Ok, not an issue as well.
Appreciate 1
audioMeth222.00
      08-27-2021, 06:57 AM   #5
never1991
Rep

Solved!
I just get the car and is fixed now. Official dealer has restored iDrive and is working with the official maps and the CarPlay activated purchased in ConnectedDrive store.

Thank you very much
Appreciate 0