Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

05-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #1
r31n3r
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Shop Recommendation for DP install in the Dallas Area

Anyone have a shop they can recommend to have catless downpipes installed? I already have the DP's. I checked with Mporium, but will only install them if I purchased the DP's from them. I believe the same goes with Cedar Performance.

thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
ENDL3SS
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46/F15/GT4

Garage List
2005 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Give Gio's One Stop Shop down in Arlington a call.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #3
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Shops in general hate customer provided parts. So you'll likely have to keep searching

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #4
Mineral_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r31n3r View Post
Anyone have a shop they can recommend to have catless downpipes installed? I already have the DP's. I checked with Mporium, but will only install them if I purchased the DP's from them. I believe the same goes with Cedar Performance.

thanks in advance!
Cedar Performance - Matthew is who you want to talk to
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 09:02 PM   #5
DocsF90M5
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral_M3 View Post
Cedar Performance - Matthew is who you want to talk to
Matt's a douche and a real peace of work!

I'd highly recommend Ultimate Bimmer Service in Carrollton:

https://www.ultimatebimmerservice.com/

Talk to Brent or Ryan!
      09-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #6
CedarPerformance
Registered
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsF90M5 View Post
Matt's a douche and a real peace of work!

I'd highly recommend Ultimate Bimmer Service in Carrollton:

https://www.ultimatebimmerservice.com/

Talk to Brent or Ryan!
I'm a douche and a real peace of work? 100% Guaranteed you have never done business with me.

This is probably the same customer who cancelled his appointment and was upset after we didn't get his downpipes (that he ordered and had shipped on Tuesday) installed by Friday.

Real classy trashing me online though!

I'm in the same boat, though. We do not work with customer supplied parts anyway. We offer very competitive pricing to begin with, so this is usually not an issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #7
DocsF90M5
Private
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance View Post
I'm a douche and a real peace of work? 100% Guaranteed you have never done business with me.

This is probably the same customer who cancelled his appointment and was upset after we didn't get his downpipes (that he ordered and had shipped on Tuesday) installed by Friday.

100% guaranteed I HAVE done business with you (and will never again in the future)!

Just to refresh your memory Matt:

You installed VRSF DPs, BMS chargepipes, and tried (but failed) to do a custom BM3 stage 2 dyno-tune on my F80 M3.

You were so annoying and frustrating to deal with, I was literally forced to pay you an extra $200!!

I have not, and will never recommend Cedar UNDERperformance to anyone!!

Plenty of other shops in DFW (like Ultimate Bimmer) that would happily do the same work with half the attitude!

And thanks for reminding me to leave a Google review!

Last edited by DocsF90M5; 09-10-2022 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 05:12 AM   #8
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance View Post

I'm in the same boat, though. We do not work with customer supplied parts anyway. We offer very competitive pricing to begin with, so this is usually not an issue.
This post is in regard to the bolded part. Im new to Texas from California and I've never heard of such a thing. You guys don't install customer supplied parts? Personally 99% of my parts were ordered from different sources and installed with zero issues at every major shop I went to in LA. If this is true, this is troubling because I've heard of good things from the Texas folks. Your shop name popped up a few times when asked for recommendations.

I went to your website and you guys only sell tunes and DME unlocks. Am I missing something??

I just started another F82 build after my previous one was totalled and parts are slowly starting to flow in. Does this mean I can't be a customer at your shop because I've already purchased my things?

Please let me know...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #9
DocsF90M5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
This post is in regard to the bolded part. Im new to Texas from California and I've never heard of such a thing. You guys don't install customer supplied parts? Personally 99% of my parts were ordered from different sources and installed with zero issues at every major shop I went to in LA. If this is true, this is troubling because I've heard of good things from the Texas folks. Your shop name popped up a few times when asked for recommendations.

I went to your website and you guys only sell tunes and DME unlocks. Am I missing something??

I just started another F82 build after my previous one was totalled and parts are slowly starting to flow in. Does this mean I can't be a customer at your shop because I've already purchased my things?

Please let me know...
I wouldn't go anywhere near Cedar Under-performance!

Matt would probably charge you just for driving by!

There's no shortage of reputable shops in DFW that will get the job done.