Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What color would you order (multiple choices allowed)?
300 – Alpine White 162 18.97%
B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic 131 15.34%
475 – Black Sapphire Metallic 102 11.94%
B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic 131 15.34%
A29 – Silverstone Metallic 87 10.19%
B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic 104 12.18%
A96 – Mineral White Metallic 103 12.06%
B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic 151 17.68%
Other. Please specify (provide picture, if possible) 65 7.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 854. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

04-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #133
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
...Now I'm actually thinking about threads in the seats also.
To add to your misery - don't forget the threads in the dash.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #134
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxmagnum View Post
To add to your misery - don't forget the threads in the dash.
Cheers mate, I hope you will suffer the worst kind of fate a man can face, and end up married to a Finn. Just called mine, and told him nicely that I have something to do tomorrow, and he told me, it's fine, but his in finland by then. As a joke, the Nokias slogan Connecting People was one of the best I've ever heard.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #135
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
As a joke, the Nokias slogan Connecting People was one of the best I've ever heard.
Not a joke, but I guess you've seen some of those pics using that slogan.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #136
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Not a joke, but I guess you've seen some of those pics using that slogan.
No, but I have a dating history of mutes. I swear there has to be some kind of law that makes us unable to get the men speaking. Okay, If I had read his email, I would have known he's going, but what do you expect when you send it with a detailed list of stuff to handle? I zone off immediately, for sure. Oh well, I'll just forget to pick him up from the airport then.

On colors, I called C, my dealer and my hero, he stands me even tough I'm awful human being, and he nicely told me, that A, I had indeed forgotten my production week, and B, I have to make the changes now, today, since I don't have the time to go there for the next two weeks.

So, really, color.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #137
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, but I have a dating history of mutes. I swear there has to be some kind of law that makes us unable to get the men speaking. Okay, If I had read his email, I would have known he's going, but what do you expect when you send it with a detailed list of stuff to handle? I zone off immediately, for sure. Oh well, I'll just forget to pick him up from the airport then.

On colors, I called C, my dealer and my hero, he stands me even tough I'm awful human being, and he nicely told me, that A, I had indeed forgotten my production week, and B, I have to make the changes now, today, since I don't have the time to go there for the next two weeks.

So, really, color.
Color... If you like keeping low profile you have plenty of choices - AW, MW, BS, MG. If, however, you tend to forget where you parked you car in a large parking lot, there are three remaining choices - AY, SO and YMB.

A word of caution - I would never drive a car that is the same color as my washer and dryer.

So, low profile or forgetful?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #138
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Color... If you like keeping low profile you have plenty of choices - AW, MW, BS, MG. If, however, you tend to forget where you parked you car in a large parking lot, there are three remaining choices - AY, SO and YMB.

A word of caution - I would never drive a car that is the same color as my washer and dryer.

So, low profile or forgetful?
Okay, hmm, forgetful at best, down right hopeless most of the time.

Yes, you are so right about the white, and my mother inlaw had a dalmatian whom I hated, and she will go on an on and on and on about how good the car would have looked with her idiot and horrible dog in it. She will be here for Christmas, and unless you are willing to come up with an excuse so I won't be here, that's out.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #139
Lups
Rep

Hi Guys. Thanks for everyone who helped me with this, now the deed is done, and today I will go and destroy the nerves of my favorite car dealer in Seattle area. If you ever feel like laughing at your spouses for taking a long time on selecting an outfit or such, just remember how good you are getting it, when it's just a pair of shoes.

Sorry about driving just about everyone on this whole forum crazy with the endless color debate, I would love to say this will never happen again, but that would be a lie.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #140
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi Guys. Thanks for everyone who helped me with this, now the deed is done, and today I will go and destroy the nerves of my favorite car dealer in Seattle area. If you ever feel like laughing at your spouses for taking a long time on selecting an outfit or such, just remember how good you are getting it, when it's just a pair of shoes.

Sorry about driving just about everyone on this whole forum crazy with the endless color debate, I would love to say this will never happen again, but that would be a lie.
How often do you change your cars? Just so that we're mentally prepared...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #141
Lups
Rep

Quote:
How often do you change your cars? Just so that we're mentally prepared...
I'm not even gona buy a casket after this, I'll just get a grave big enough for me and my hornet. I will be starting to stress about the tombstone today.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #142
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm not even gona buy a casket after this, I'll just get a grave big enough for me and my hornet. I will be starting to stress about the tombstone today.
Tombstone in AY will definitely make you stand out from the crowd. Well, not really stand, but you got the idea. After you're done stressing about the tombstone, let's see how you stress about the epitaph.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #143
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

And congrats on your choice. It's a beautiful car and color combo. Although I'm incurably attached to convertibles, I have to admit that coupes definitely look better. This one is going to be a real head-turner. Especially if you drive it the way it's designed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #144
Lups
Rep

Quote:
And congrats on your choice. It's a beautiful car and color combo. Although I'm incurably attached to convertibles, I have to admit that coupes definitely look better. This one is going to be a real head-turner. Especially if you drive it the way it's designed.
Well, IF i survive the first poles and actually remember again how to handle a manual, I sure will be a menace of the roads. It will be a fit mach for my personality when coated as a hornet.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #145
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

Spacegrau via individual or even TiAg

I wonder what San Marino and Valencia and Pure Silver and Alpina green would look

But I'd go with AW for sure = most compliments
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #146
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman Murch View Post
Spacegrau via individual or even TiAg

I wonder what San Marino and Valencia and Pure Silver and Alpina green would look

But I'd go with AW for sure = most compliments
That's not even true. I've spend a month bad mouthing it!!

Yes, with no apparent reason, of course, but one needs a hobby, and it would be nice if we would just decide that everyone in an M must be bright. that way the roads here in Microsoft town would be at least nice to look at.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #147
zsx_m
Rasp Addict
Rep
Drives: Moonstone M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
The moonstone is no longer a special request individual color, at least not on the M5. It's a $1900 option that you can order, without having to get approval from BMW like the real individual colors.
Is that true / verified for F82/F80?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #148
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
"Standard Individual" colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsx_m View Post
Is that true / verified for F82/F80?
Yes, it will be available as stated by the M3 Product/Project Managers at NAIS, "There will be 4 Individual colors available beginning this Autumn - Pyrite Brown, Citrin Black, Azurite Blue, Moonstone Metallic."

Think he got the colors wrong in this interview. Canadian and German guides list Azurite Black instead of Citrin Black, and Tanzanite Blue instead of Azurite Blue.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #149
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

There are very few nightmares in life such as picking a color of a car. But there's hope! For all of you still suffering here's a hint:

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #150
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's not even true. I've spend a month bad mouthing it!!

Yes, with no apparent reason, of course, but one needs a hobby, and it would be nice if we would just decide that everyone in an M must be bright. that way the roads here in Microsoft town would be at least nice to look at.
I have a feeling that in MS town, just like in certain parts of L.A., it may be embarrassing to drive a car that costs less than a single family home (in some other parts of L.A.).
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #151
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I have a feeling that in MS town, just like in certain parts of L.A., it may be embarrassing to drive a car that costs less than a single family home (in some other parts of L.A.).
Well, these guys have serious money to spend, and they really go for it. I love the view, so no complaints here. If someone on this hill want's to start parking their beauties in front of my house, I will be the happiest gal in the world. I'll even give you a lift to the office from your car if needed!

There is a Prius ones again outside my kitchen window, and I'm supposed to drink coffee in this environment.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #152
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Thanks but i think everyone here forgot about Techno purple that came with the E36 M3...
I would go withthat one if i had an opportunity.

(Deep) Techno purple with white interior!
I voted others.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769238

THATS SOOOO SICK!! I LOVE IT

I changed from MG to MW on SO. Now debating on switching back. I ventured off yet again w/ colors, making my final judgement call asap. Keep the MW on SO or go back to MG on SO

Both colors are popular so worrying about "Standing" out is not a consideration anymore. MG and MW have their pros and cons. I'm literally gonna start listing the Pros and Cons and toss a coin and see where my life decision takes me.

This has been a nightmare. I want a blue or red M4. Can't do the YMB, santorini/lsb is the most smurf looking blue i can do. Nor the SO. Nor do I want to wait anymore I want this thing by end of July at the latest on my driveway, ready for me to smother it w/ wax and sealant and I'll sleep it in the first day its in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #153
Lups
Rep

Oh ryder, just go hornet...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #154
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Quote:
Oh ryder, just go hornet...
lups, hornet is beautiful. i love it. but i will get sick of it quickly. its rather too "look at me, my life sucks, but i have money, so i drive big bright fancy car" lol jk jk you see your influence has rubbed off on me

living here in LA and driving a car such as YMB and AY (won't even mention that Shitkir Orange) here is what I'll run into

1. Police --> no front plate ticket and tinted window ticket on the regular (if i got AY on black id do light tint, if i did YMB on black same thing but if i did YMB on SSII no tint, however, I would never get an interior color other than black unless its red since I've wanted it for so long) -- fortunately i didn't have this issue w/ my low key Space Grey E90, despite having a full setup of mods and a loud exhaust, mind you it wasn't a daily driver and neither will my new car. These colors will attract so much attention everywhere, and I don't think I want that especially since I plan on doing a bunch of after market changes.

2. Public --> oh my god, look at that bright yellow thing -- the girls looking at me here in LA (yes I'm in my mid 20s, handsome, muscular, but i do have a big nose and bushy air brows), will want to rape me and marry me for my money. YMB, omg that color is so cute.. or why did you get thEZZZ color instead of VATEVER else. Everywhere I go and park I'm going to have to deal w/ an idiot or two, what is this, omg what color, omg what year, omg omg.. EHHH!

3. I'll get sick of it eventually

4. I don't have the courage unless I see them in person, which won't happen till the cars get here and by than ill have my car. Regardless, I don't want either.

For me and for what I want, it just comes down to MG and MW. Both played out, and abundant everywhere, but at least MW isn't as bad as AW but its still a BMW white none the freaking less. I'm going to dream tonight and hopefully I wake up realizing the color that my M4 needs to be in order for my wildest dreams in the whole wide world to come true along with seeing 3 strippers laying in my bed wanting to take me on a journey into outer space with their clear 6" heels and 4" mini skirts.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread