BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-27-2024, 01:11 AM   #1
malco
Registered
Rep
Drives: none yet

Buying first F80 M3

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I just thought I’d come here to ask if this F 80 I’m looking at is a good buy, The car is a 2016 with 75k on it pretty much fully optioned minus full leather and carbon brakes. We’re down to 39k and everything looks good from the pictures, I’m planning on going out to see it soon but I pulled the Carfax and noticed that it had moderate damage all around the car. I found out Its due to hail damage but was repaired by insurance with OEM parts. Is 39k still a fair price for the car for the car or was I to high to begin ? All input would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 01:17 AM   #2
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Too expensive for a car with an accident.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 01:22 AM   #3
malco
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
Too expensive for a car with an accident.
Thanks for the reply! So even with just hail damage it’s too much? I was hoping that wouldn’t be too major, considering it wasn’t like a collision. What would you pay ? or is it something you would just walk away from?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:45 AM   #4
wishbone
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP, '14 F30 328i

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [9.00]
Did the hail damage the CF roof?

I do understand that hail is not terribly predictable but assuming the hail was large enough to damage every panel do you think they replaced everything? Otherwise, i feel like there are going to be some divots or waves in the paint.

Irrespective of the hail I believe a 2016 with 75K miles at 39K is a bit high. I feel like we've seen other examples here closer to 30K at those descriptions.

F30 328i 2014 / dinan sport kit / premium pkg / 6-speed / nav / hex trim / HK sound / B14 coilovers / oem roof rack / active autowerke exhaust / eventuri CAI
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:06 AM   #5
malco
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Did the hail damage the CF roof?

I do understand that hail is not terribly predictable but assuming the hail was large enough to damage every panel do you think they replaced everything? Otherwise, i feel like there are going to be some divots or waves in the paint.

Irrespective of the hail I believe a 2016 with 75K miles at 39K is a bit high. I feel like we've seen other examples here closer to 30K at those descriptions.
Thanks for the reply! The roof looks brand new, If I were to go out and see it I would definitely have a bodyshop take a look at it to confirm work was done properly. I’ve had a hard time finding a f80 near 30k that doesn’t have 90k-100k , lacks options, that’s pretty beat up on interior and exterior or a salvage/rebuilt title. Am I looking in the wrong place? I’ve been looking everywhere at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:09 AM   #6
wishbone
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP, '14 F30 328i

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malco View Post
Thanks for the reply! The roof looks brand new, If I were to go out and see it I would definitely have a bodyshop take a look at it to confirm work was done properly. I’ve had a hard time finding a f80 near 30k that doesn’t have 90k-100k , lacks options, that’s pretty beat up on interior and exterior or a salvage/rebuilt title. Am I looking in the wrong place? I’ve been looking everywhere at this point.
A couple questions:

Do you care about color(s)? Manual v. DCT? Other specs e.g., ZCP, Executive, Premium packages?

It's almost full-Spring here so feel like car prices start to creep back up as summer approaches.

F30 328i 2014 / dinan sport kit / premium pkg / 6-speed / nav / hex trim / HK sound / B14 coilovers / oem roof rack / active autowerke exhaust / eventuri CAI
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:31 AM   #7
malco
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
A couple questions:

Do you care about color(s)? Manual v. DCT? Other specs e.g., ZCP, Executive, Premium packages?

It's almost full-Spring here so feel like car prices start to creep back up as summer approaches.

Colors
Alpine white
Black sapphire (which is the color)
Mineral grey

Options
DCT
ZCP
Executive package
Carbon roof

I think those would be some standard easy options to come by but I haven’t had much luck. I have two near me right now . Both are floating around in the high 60s for mileage and they want about 38k for both of them but one is a manual and no ZCP, I don’t really know the condition of it ether since there’s one photo listed and the other one doesn’t have any thing not even adaptive suspension and is still listed in high 30s and it’s been on the market since November I believe.
Appreciate 0