Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
dooly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4cs

PF Bushing Install questions, Sway Bar on or off?

Hey guys, wondering what the ideal way to install new bushings would be.

The car is currently up on stands as I'm installing new dampers and endlinks and bworld recommended powerflex sway bar bushings.

I'm going to be torqueing down the endlinks at static ride height with zero preload, but wondering if I should remove the sway bar and install the bushings first, or install the bushings on the car once everything else is completed? (without removing the sway bar from the car if possible)

My concern with installing the bushings first is that I would mostly be eyeballing the placement of the swaybar with the new bushings. Hope this makes sense..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #2
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

I'm assuming we are talking about the front swaybar.

It will be difficult to remove the existing bushings while on the car. The front swaybar is super easy to remove and there are locater tabs for the bushings. Honestly you are over complicating the install for yourself by not dropping the swaybar.

Below vid has a good explanation of the process.