GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #265
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Car: F80 M3
Track: Homestead Miami Speedway
Best Lap: 1:42.5 (M laptimer)
Brake pads: Ferodo DS2500 with brembo 600 fluid
Name:  M3 homestead 3.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  161.0 KB

Name:  M3 homestead 2.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  193.1 KB

Name:  M3 homestead 1.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  163.1 KB






Last edited by Mac2924; 04-27-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #266
RSC Tuning
Registered
4
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: f80 m3
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Miami, Fl

iTrader: (0)

^ Hey Marco,

Was a pleasure meeting you man! Let me know what event you hit next well try to join you.

We were running the other M3.

Here are a few more pics we got at the event. Ill post the rest when I get a chance.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #267
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

It was also my pleasure to meet you guys. Always a ton of fun especially when you meet other forum members. I'll definitely let you know my next track event. Great pics
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #268
JMon
FAST
JMon's Avatar
302
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlottesville VA

iTrader: (0)

Blue tape = Novice group.
Duct tape =Real racers

Good Miami time for stock tires...

Last edited by JMon; 04-28-2016 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #269
FormulaMMM
Colonel
FormulaMMM's Avatar
United_States
548
Rep
2,069
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2924 View Post


Sweet pic. Captures the mega turn 1 entry speed at Homestead.
__________________
DCT E90 M3 (stock), M4 GTS, Camaro Z/28. Past: Akrapovic Evolution, KW Clubsport, Stoptech ST-40 + Pagid RS29 | Apex EC-7 18x10 ET25 + Nitto NT01 275 35 18, Velos Designwerks Tune, Megan Racing Catback, Macht Schnell Filter
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #270
wlwaldock
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 & Zl1 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Columbus

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Blue tape = Novice group.
Duct tape =Real racers

Good Miami time for stock tires...
Then again it is a 4 door sedan daily driver not a cup car.

When I get a Porsche race car I promise I won't use painters tape!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 11:07 AM   #271
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Blue tape = Novice group.
Duct tape =Real racers

Good Miami time for stock tires...
No tape = real racers haha, gives the car character

Thanks, I can definitely get it down into the 1:41 range
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #272
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post


Sweet pic. Captures the mega turn 1 entry speed at Homestead.
Thanks, that is exactly what I thought when I saw it and hence why I posted it. The track photographer did a great job.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #273
JMon
FAST
JMon's Avatar
302
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlottesville VA

iTrader: (0)

Where you running stock alignment specs? How did the car take turn 10? Any issues just blowing over the curbing? I'm assuming the suspension is soft enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #274
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Where you running stock alignment specs? How did the car take turn 10? Any issues just blowing over the curbing? I'm assuming the suspension is soft enough.
Yes, stock alignment. I don't like how the car takes turn 10 at all, turn-in feels numb and floaty. I was thinking for next time of just letting off the gas early and then turn in instead of braking,letting off the gas and turn in. May also do the same for turn 1. In one of the videos you can see I had to do a small correction due to the curbing.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 11:11 AM   #275
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
MaynardZed's Avatar
United_States
1082
Rep
1,750
Posts

Drives: wife crazy
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Couple of requests:

- Please post lap times, relevant mods on separate lines at the beginning of your post rather than in a paragraph. Follow with your narrative or videos after that.

- YMB_M3 is not allowed to post anymore Buttonwillow times until he's sub 2:00. j/k ! Have you just camped out there over the couple of months? Keep it up, you'll be sub 2:00 soon!

I think I have the times updated to date. If you notice any errors or omissions please PM me. I've been real busy lately getting E36 to "race car" status and also have something else big in the works. If it goes through, all you other diseased car nuts will pitch a tent when I show you pics.
__________________
Road course laptimes for BMW M4 2015 6MT
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #276
RacrX
Second Lieutenant
35
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2924 View Post
Car: F80 M3
Track: Homestead Miami Speedway
Best Lap: 1:42.5 (M laptimer)
Brake pads: Ferodo DS2500 with brembo 600 fluid

How did your brake pad & fluid setup work out? I'm considering the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #277
YMB_M3
Captain
YMB_M3's Avatar
United_States
222
Rep
654
Posts

Drives: 2018 BSM M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
Couple of requests:

- Please post lap times, relevant mods on separate lines at the beginning of your post rather than in a paragraph. Follow with your narrative or videos after that.

- YMB_M3 is not allowed to post anymore Buttonwillow times until he's sub 2:00. j/k ! Have you just camped out there over the couple of months? Keep it up, you'll be sub 2:00 soon!

I think I have the times updated to date. If you notice any errors or omissions please PM me. I've been real busy lately getting E36 to "race car" status and also have something else big in the works. If it goes through, all you other diseased car nuts will pitch a tent when I show you pics.
Hahaha sub 2:00 is coming very soon!! I've essentially made that motel 6 on Tracy Ave near BRP my second home
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #278
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacrX View Post
How did your brake pad & fluid setup work out? I'm considering the same.
They were good for about 2 laps of hard pushing then they would get a little inconsistent so I would have to back off a little. I would go with the Pagid pads and Castro fluid.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #279
Mac2924
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami Beach

iTrader: (0)

Here is another video of my track day at Homestead speedway. Had a close call with a 991 carrera 4s around 2:55 min. He even came to apologize after the session, nice guy. I guess he was upset that a 4-door family car was faster than him.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #280
M3 Number 86
Major General
2956
Rep
6,085
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon
Blue tape = Novice group.
Duct tape =Real racers

Good Miami time for stock tires...
No tape no give a F. Hardcore real race lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #281
M3 Number 86
Major General
2956
Rep
6,085
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
Couple of requests:

- Please post lap times, relevant mods on separate lines at the beginning of your post rather than in a paragraph. Follow with your narrative or videos after that.

- YMB_M3 is not allowed to post anymore Buttonwillow times until he's sub 2:00. j/k ! Have you just camped out there over the couple of months? Keep it up, you'll be sub 2:00 soon!

I think I have the times updated to date. If you notice any errors or omissions please PM me. I've been real busy lately getting E36 to "race car" status and also have something else big in the works. If it goes through, all you other diseased car nuts will pitch a tent when I show you pics.
Hahaha sub 2:00 is coming very soon!! I've essentially made that motel 6 on Tracy Ave near BRP my second home
Soon can mean two years lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #282
zac5
Private First Class
zac5's Avatar
China
117
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beijing/Bay Area/Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Come back for an update:

Car: 2015 F80 M3
Track: Beijing GoldenPort Track
Best Lap Time: 1:17.157 (track lap timer)
Tires:Cup2
Brakes:Stock caliper and disc with RE10 pad, Endless RF650 fluid.
Other relevant mods: Catless downpipe, awe catback, H&R swaybars front and rear, TCKR double adjustable.


Car: 2015 F80 M3
Track: HighValley Circuit(Beijing, China)
Best Lap Time: 1:10.059 (track lap timer) -Current F8X record holder(7th overall).
Tires:Michellin Cup2
Brakes:Stock caliper and disc with RE10 pad, Endless RF650 fluid.
Other relevant mods: Catless downpipe, awe catback, H&R swaybars front and rear, TCKR double adjustable

Last edited by zac5; 05-05-2016 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #283
YMB_M3
Captain
YMB_M3's Avatar
United_States
222
Rep
654
Posts

Drives: 2018 BSM M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Soon can mean two years lol
If I can't shave 2 sec with newly installed TC Kline DA coilovers and a corner balance+alignment from west end it's time for me to stop HPDE's for ever lol as I'm a fail
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #284
M3 Number 86
Major General
2956
Rep
6,085
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Soon can mean two years lol
If I can't shave 2 sec with newly installed TC Kline DA coilovers and a corner balance+alignment from west end it's time for me to stop HPDE's for ever lol as I'm a fail
Lol don't jinx it
__________________
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #285
YMB_M3
Captain
YMB_M3's Avatar
United_States
222
Rep
654
Posts

Drives: 2018 BSM M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Lol don't jinx it
Things are looking good. Went to BW yesterday for a shake down and decided to drive the whole day DSC off for the first time (inspiration from redpriest and yourself). I was overly cautious braking wise so that I could enter each turn with the car settled and was not concerned with times. I started in group 2 and ended in group 4 just by getting more comfortable with the new alignment and no euro mdm. The new alignment (-3 neg camber in front -2.2 in rear) really helps the car to rotate and the car doesn't understeer like a pig anymore, it actually tends to oversteer quite a bit . Only managed a 2:02.3 so we'll see if I can make sub 2 a reality at Speed District May 20 with NT01 and more aggression (SD will be the last BW day for the summer probably- it's starting to get hot AF out there).

I have to retract my statement of quitting HPDEs if I can't break sub 2 soon lol. Driving with DSC off is way more fun and the jump from euro mdm to DSC off was not nearly as big as I thought it would be. The car is pretty easy to keep in check. The guy at West End who aligned my car was wrong, I didn't have any spins (or close calls as a matter of fact)!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #286
M3 Number 86
Major General
2956
Rep
6,085
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M3 View Post
Things are looking good. Went to BW yesterday for a shake down and decided to drive the whole day DSC off for the first time (inspiration from redpriest and yourself). I was overly cautious braking wise so that I could enter each turn with the car settled and was not concerned with times. I started in group 2 and ended in group 4 just by getting more comfortable with the new alignment and no euro mdm. The new alignment (-3 neg camber in front -2.2 in rear) really helps the car to rotate and the car doesn't understeer like a pig anymore, it actually tends to oversteer quite a bit . Only managed a 2:02.3 so we'll see if I can make sub 2 a reality at Speed District May 20 with NT01 and more aggression (SD will be the last BW day for the summer probably- it's starting to get hot AF out there).

I have to retract my statement of quitting HPDEs if I can't break sub 2 soon lol. Driving with DSC off is way more fun and the jump from euro mdm to DSC off was not nearly as big as I thought it would be. The car is pretty easy to keep in check. The guy at West End who aligned my car was wrong, I didn't have any spins (or close calls as a matter of fact)!
once you get the hang of it, it's easy to feel what the car is doing and to predict what the car will be doing. The next logical step would be to unsettle the car to build up a reaction code sequence in your brain.

people say on nt01 that the car snaps, but honestly i never feel the car snap unless wet events lol. but rcomps are less forgiving in general but not too much of a big deal.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST