Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-23-2019, 04:01 AM   #1
Tubbs74
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Thumbs up Re-Map & Possible Turbo Cats /Secondary

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum here and would just like to ask a little advice please.

I am thinking about having my car re-mapped along with the Turbo Cat Replacement Downpipes (been quotes £595 for Cats & Labour - 2.5hours and good quality pipes) that bit seems expensive as I can see pipes are available for around £200 but unsure of quality and, fitting may be adding a bit towards it also.

Is it worth replacing the Secondary Cats? I've been quoted £80 for this off the same people but I've not done any homework on this yet, that seems cheap! probably doesn't include the cats themselves. Is there sufficient power gains offered if I do the Secondary Cats? I don't want the car to sound massively loud but all of this will all be on the standard Competition exhaust if possible which is very quiet anyway.

My car is 6 months old now, slightly worried about the warranty, but I've had ECU's re-flashed before, but I understand if it was looked into, the new higher boost spikes can still be found, so its not totally hidden, anyway I may still go for this and on my head be it!

I've also been told that it is worth changing the cooler pipes on top of the engine form plastic to cast?

Just a few things I'm thinking about guys, I think i'd be happy with around 520/530bhp from all of the above, although I do realise its the wrong time of year weather wise for attempting to get the power down under standard conditions!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 04:46 AM   #2
Tubbs74
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Just realised that id posted in wrong section sorry and thanks!
Appreciate 0