Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
M Crazy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Monaco Motorsport

Thinking of purchasing CF splitters (MP Style) and mating it with OEM MP lower lip, but am curious if anyone has had any experience with Monaco Motorsport? Pricing is very reasonable compared with OEM. TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
Frsh-N-Klean
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3 non-zcp

I was just researching them and was thinking the same thing. Can't find any reviews. I'm sure someone on the forum has purchased their parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Monaco Motorsports
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Crazy View Post
Thinking of purchasing CF splitters (MP Style) and mating it with OEM MP lower lip, but am curious if anyone has had any experience with Monaco Motorsport? Pricing is very reasonable compared with OEM. TIA
One of our best selling products is our splitters made from 100% prepeg carbon fiber. Use code BIMMERPOST for 10% off.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #4
Alpine_F82
Just Building My M4 Track Car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15’ M4 Alpine

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Crazy View Post
I haven’t had them but I’ve heard nothing but good things from Monaco motorsports. There are some f8x on Instagram that have them.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
KosherRiceBurito
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Angry Overall experience thus far

Recently ordered only front grilles and a CF spoiler from them back on Feb 16th, still have not received the parts, shipment is coming from China. It has taken a whole month already, not a fan. Communication has been spotty with them and had to really push to get responses at times. Once I actually get both parts will re-update with quality and fitment.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
Rokoz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3

They are just another Aliexpress/China drop shopper - nothing special about any of these companies
      03-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #7
joncalibur
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Don’t order from them if you’re considering returning. They have a 72 hour return policy on receipt (and in cases where the item is defective) and reply to email or calls only when it’s convenient for them (and outside the return window.

I cancelled a second order via email and they refunded that immediately, oddly enough.

I would go with any other reputable dealer on here and pay a few $$$ more for the peace of mind.
Appreciate 1
tomlong617.00
      04-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
KosherRiceBurito
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Angry Follow up review - quality and fitment

The front grilles fit fine, quality is good.

The CF spoiler quality is ok, and also has fitment issues. Followed typical installation instructions and with the provided tape had some major problems. Took it also to a body shop to confirm with them and they mentioned that fitment issues did exist.

Final status: Do not order from this company, not worth saving the money, not worth the shipping delays, and as another user mentioned, just another drop shopper that if you want to go that route just stick with eBay.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #9
e2d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I ordered some CF mirror caps cause site reflected that they were US based. Turns out the mirror caps were some wet carbon ones, possibly from China but I can't say for sure. However, I can't say I had any problem with them. Fitment was as expected for not being a dry carbon version, but it popped right into place with zero issue. Shipping was quick and they were responsive so I'm satisfied and may potentially order from them again as I don't trust stuff shipping directly from China anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
soulcrft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Sakhir Orange ZCP

I ordered the CS lip from Monaco. I finally got it installed this past week.

I ordered back in December and it took a while. Probably 4 weeks or so. Not a big deal considering it was during the holidays. I also got a nice deal. I wanted an OEM CS lip but couldn't justify 2K for something I would probably damage right away. I was right since the next day I scrapped the crap out of the lip.

As far as support, I emailed them and they replied right away and answered all of my questions.

Lip brought no mounting hardware. Only two predrilled holes. I compared the lip from other brands and some seemed to have more mounting points. So this worried me a bit. I took it to a reputable shop for install and they were confused as to how it was supposed to be mounted but in the end they did a fabulous job. That thing is not going anywhere and they didn't have to drill a million holes into the bumper.

As far a quality, I give it an 8. Not bad. The weave is good. Maybe minor imperfection on the bottom which is not visible.

Fitment gets a 6. Sides are not perfect and front section is not completely even where it sits under the curved bumper. You can't tell unless you are looking for it or sit there under the car moving your head back and forth

Does it bother me? Of course it does. But again, it's a matter of deciding whether spending the 2k for a perfect fit is worth it. I decided I could use the 2k + install somewhere else. If the part was in a section where it would not be prone to easy damage then I would have spent the money.

Overall I'm really happy with it. Far from perfect but I think it looks good and if it break it, which is very probable, I didn't spend much on it. I can always change it down the road.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 05:45 PM   #11
RoundelMatt
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i M Sport Carbon Black

Garage List
2016 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Anyone else have any recent experience with Monaco? Deciding between them and Kies.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #12
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrft View Post
I ordered the CS lip from Monaco...

Fitment gets a 6. Sides are not perfect and front section is not completely even where it sits under the curved bumper. You can't tell unless you are looking for it or sit there under the car moving your head back and forth

Does it bother me? Of course it does. But again, it's a matter of deciding whether spending the 2k for a perfect fit is worth it. I decided I could use the 2k + install somewhere else. If the part was in a section where it would not be prone to easy damage then I would have spent the money.
my oem CS fits like this, its not a fitment issue. the 2k+ is because it bolts to the bumper/frame and is functional.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 02:33 PM   #13
tgould
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

https://horizonmotorsport.com/

Good prices & unreal customer service
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 11:45 AM   #14
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2

I ordered a CS style spoiler from them. The first one they sent had a horrendous gap in the carbon along the top trailing edge. I emailed them pictures and they just sent a new one out right away which was nice. The second one came a couple weeks later. It fits well and the weave consistency is nice, but there is still a discernible seam along that same trailing edge if you look hard enough. They couldn't have put the seam on the underside? Whatever. I decided to keep it. I'm the only one who knows it's there and I've gotten over it. And they are definitely a China drop shipper. Both boxes obviously came straight from China. Just go eBay, OEM, or one of the big name carbon guys in the US.
Attached Images

06-22-2023, 04:09 PM   #15
Ryan, SGT
Ryan SGT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

DO NOT PURCHASE HERE
I would like to start by saying I have never written a bad review in my life, because I know how it can affect a business. However this business is ridiculous. They sell you a product which does not fit, then they send you on a wild goose chase to make it fit, then, stop responding. Here is my experience.

I purchased the F80 M3 carbon fiber front lip, it came in about a week. Carbon fiber quality overall was fantastic, super glossy and you can tell it was real carbon fiber, not a wrap or overlay. However when I went to install it, the splitters fit fine, but the lip did not fit at all. I contacted them about that from which they said I was installing it incorrectly and that I couldn’t install it with the splitter on. (Which is false) I sent pictures, videos, as well as I tried installing it again, and as expected it did not fit. Then contacting them again they said I needed to now cut the plastic underbody of my car (weird they did not tell that to me originally, I trusted them assuming they knew what they were doing. Then it still did not fit. I contacted them again, this time saying I think it would be best if I returned the product for a refund. They said I was installing it wrong and to take it to a mechanic. I know a mechanic luckily who I know so he did not charge me, but I was without a car for a couple hours to get the exact same answer I was expecting. “It does not fit” I then contact them AGAIN. And side note, they never answer their phone so everything as of now was over email. I sent another email explaining how it did not fit yet again. Then two days later after no response I get a phone call with a man telling me I had to cut the carbon fiber front lip in order for it to fit. After that I was done. I asked for a refund over email very nicely, explained the whole situation. Offered to return the product and they have not responded since then. It has been a month and a half now, I’ve been working with my credit card company to solve the matter but unfortunately after a month I threw it away so I’m in the dirt. My fault for doing that, but this company just sucks. I am the hardest person to make unhappy, but this company is absolutely horrible with customer service and their products don’t even fit. Avoid at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #16
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

The reason why all these parts do not fit is because it's fiberglass with a tiny and questionable "real" carbon layer on top. OEM CF parts and a quality replica fit properly because they flex and twist due to being true vacuum carbon all the way through. It has zero to do with the OEM mounting hardware.