Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

05-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #67
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Not meant to poke, but I'm curious if you test drove the car before you bought it.
What difference does it make? OP clearly don't know shit about cars. Would have made no difference.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6063.00
      05-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #68
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Quote:
Not meant to poke, but I'm curious if you test drove the car before you bought it.
What difference does it make? OP clearly don't know shit about cars. Would have made no difference.
Because had he drove the car before he bought it, he would have felt the power to cost ratio at that point and not have been in the situation he's in today.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #69
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
After you were done organizing the cars on the lot??? Are you a lot attendant? If so, no offense, but that hardly qualifies as "being in the car business".

If that isn't the case, what exactly do you do that makes you "in the car business"?
I think he was joking. I don稚 know any lot attendants that can afford a GTR etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #70
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I think he was joking. I don稚 know any lot attendants that can afford a GTR etc.
Not saying any of this is relevant to the OP.

There are a lot of people out there who make turd financial decisions. Especially on cars. I've known more than one person in my life who has paid more in car payments per month than they have on their rent or mortgage. You mean to tell me you really have never seen someone driving something that hasn't made you think how the f____? Sadly, getting a loan for something you can't afford isn't exactly difficult anymore.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50
      05-19-2019, 10:44 PM   #71
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
If anything, I think you should consider yourself grateful that you're even in a position to own one of these cars....let alone complain about it so much. There are countless people who aren't in as fortunate a position, and an M3/M4 is a dream car for many.

See, life ain't so bad.
ever since I considered the f-type r. I realized how toxic it is to always want the next better thing or always improve every single flaw of the f8x.

Seriously people.... just be happy with what you got....then you wont look at as deprecation; just time spent with the car.

Don't buy new, like-new "popular" cars and expect to just drive it around for however long you please and it not to depreciate. I think my dad told me this when I was 5 years old lol, and nothing has changed.

if you cant find whats special in the car. Go park it under lights and stare at it. or go find an on-off ramp and appreciate good handling versus a floating cruise liner with a huge ass engine in it.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17479.50
      05-19-2019, 10:46 PM   #72
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Because had he drove the car before he bought it, he would have felt the power to cost ratio at that point and not have been in the situation he's in today.
Agreed. If you can't afford to write off a mistake, you shouldn't spend your money without getting your hands dirty to know what you're getting into. OP, I hope this helps for the future to make sure of whatever financial decisions you're making, and never take someone else's opinion, especially magazine articles or car forums, before you part with your money. Best of luck on your next purchase.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread