GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

11-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #23
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog97 View Post
The reason for 19 vs 18 (Apex EC-7) is that the 18s are out of stock (in anthracite). However, I've since scored a set of 18" OEM 513Ms (18x9 and 18x10), so now seeking winter performance tires to fit.

I think the choices are 255/40-18 square, or perhaps 255/40-18 up front and 265/40-18 in the rear. However, it looks like there are only a few winter performance choices in 255, and perhaps nothing in 265/40. Any suggestions?
I'd stick with the square setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #24
Mdog97
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Looks like I may not have any choice. With 18x9 and 18x10, it looks like I'm going to be stuck with the Blizzak LM001 in 255/40-18 square. Not a bad tire, but I might have rather gone with the Michelin PA4. Still researching the Pirellis.

Anyone have any recommendations for tire installers who won't screw up nice rims near Boston & points west / north? I used Direct Tire on Galen St. in Watertown for the wife's GL450 earlier this year - they seemed to be fine, but those are pretty high profile / puffy M+S tires on relatively narrow rims.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #25
goneloco
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Looks like I may not have any choice. With 18x9 and 18x10, it looks like I'm going to be stuck with the Blizzak LM001 in 255/40-18 square. Not a bad tire, but I might have rather gone with the Michelin PA4. Still researching the Pirellis.

Anyone have any recommendations for tire installers who won't screw up nice rims near Boston & points west / north? I used Direct Tire on Galen St. in Watertown for the wife's GL450 earlier this year - they seemed to be fine, but those are pretty high profile / puffy M+S tires on relatively narrow rims.
I highly recommend Eurotech Motorsports in Natick for anything BMW. Farley is first rate and can take care of your tire mounting needs. Give him a heads up and have your tires shipped to his shop.
2003 M3 Coupe (Sold)
1998 M3 Sedan (RIP)
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #26
gdawson03
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - Austin Yellow

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Tire shop

+1 for Eurotech/Farley in Natick. He did mine this morning. All they do is bmw and other European stuff.

2015 F80 AY / Executive / DCT / 19" light alloy /
Adaptive M / moon roof / HK Sound AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #27
Mdog97
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

EuroTech Motorsports - Natick - Farley

Thanks for the tip gents - I stopped by there today and met Farley. "Cozy", very clean operation. The shop reminds me a bit of my old Porsche mechanic's place in CT, from years ago. Farley makes a great first impression, and he seems to be a genuine enthusiast. He was doing a winter tire & rim swap for a 340, with the owner right there.

I picked up my rims in NYC last week, and I'm almost done cleaning them up. I ordered my Blizzak LM001s this afternoon and am having them shipped to EuroTech. So, I should be ready for winter by the end of the week, if everything goes as planned.

Thanks again for all of your help, advice and PMs.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #28
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
Square setup, 18x9.5". No spacers, that's just the offset for those wheels (ET22).

Not sure what's available locally. I know Turner has a few on display, but definitely very few options there.

BBS and Apex seem to be two of the most popular when you're looking for reasonably priced, good quality, decent looks. For a bit less money, there's some options at Tire Rack too.

If you haven't already done it, check with some of the forum vendors (European Auto Source or Tag Motorsports jump to mind). They typically have decent discounts for forum members.
Hey Scott just searched for 18x9.5 winters and your posts came up. How are you liking that setup for winter driving? I will get a very similar setup, with PA4? I have just noticed most people go with 8.5” and 9” more often, so I was a little hesitant....Thanks for any feedback !!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #29
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Hey Scott just searched for 18x9.5 winters and your posts came up. How are you liking that setup for winter driving? I will get a very similar setup, with PA4? I have just noticed most people go with 8.5” and 9” more often, so I was a little hesitant....Thanks for any feedback !!
Love it. Confidently made it home many times in some pretty awful weather. Been driving RWD (non-M cars) for the last ~15 years in New England and this setup works as good if not better then anything I've run in the past. I suppose it's best to take that with a grain of salt though since I'm on the Blizzaks. Not saying the PA4's are a bad choice by any means...just sayin' different tires, so YMMV.

Truthfully, I got the 9.5's thinking that I could stick a slightly wider tire on them for track season, but it turns out I'm not nearly the track rat that I aspired to be.

Just FYI...I think in the pics I posted I was still on stock suspension, but just for the sake of sharing info, NO problems with rubbing or any of that on lowered suspension.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #30
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
Love it. Confidently made it home many times in some pretty awful weather. Been driving RWD (non-M cars) for the last ~15 years in New England and this setup works as good if not better then anything I've run in the past. I suppose it's best to take that with a grain of salt though since I'm on the Blizzaks. Not saying the PA4's are a bad choice by any means...just sayin' different tires, so YMMV.

Truthfully, I got the 9.5's thinking that I could stick a slightly wider tire on them for track season, but it turns out I'm not nearly the track rat that I aspired to be.

Just FYI...I think in the pics I posted I was still on stock suspension, but just for the sake of sharing info, NO problems with rubbing or any of that on lowered suspension.
Thanks! They do look great, I am ordering the same set today, but might have to go with a different tire due to lack of tires for that size.

So they don't stick too far out (for winter debris)? Thanks for responding BTW!!

Last edited by seis-speed; 11-13-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #31
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Thanks! They do look great, I am ordering the same set today, but might have to go with a different tire due to lack of tires for that size.

So they don't stick too far out (for winter debris)? Thanks for responding BTW!!
No prob at all. Happy to help out.

And no issues with sticking out or winter debris...and I commute on some REALLY nasty side roads.

Can't remember what pics I posted originally, but here's a few side shots to better show the offset. Apologies if those are the exact same pics I already posted...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
seis-speed2426.00