proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-15-2018, 03:36 AM   #1
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Stage 1 to Stage 2

i am looking at another M4 this weekend coming. what i am now trying to work out is what route i would like to take

Option 1) BootMod3 stage 1 with PCW exhaust mod

or

Option 2) Stage 2

i know someone who made 539bhp with Stage 1 Bootmod so im now doubting what the point of going Stage 2 would be over that?

has anyone got the comparison data etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated

cheers
Lee

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 06:29 AM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
i am looking at another M4 this weekend coming. what i am now trying to work out is what route i would like to take

Option 1) BootMod3 stage 1 with PCW exhaust mod

or

Option 2) Stage 2

i know someone who made 539bhp with Stage 1 Bootmod so im now doubting what the point of going Stage 2 would be over that?

has anyone got the comparison data etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated

cheers
Lee
You'll get good gains with either BM3 or Alpine. Personal choice. I have the Alpine, as you can change your map at any time completely free of charge. I'm on my third now, customised to my car set-up. I believe you only get one free map with BM3, any additional you have to buy. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's no longer accurate...
      10-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #3
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

yea i know what your saying. i like the look of the bootmod not seen the Alpine my self

i wish i could find a graph with stage1 and stage2 on so i can see what the gains were. i.e extra 70nm in mid range etc looking at BHP alone doesnt appear to be much in it 540 stage1 to 550bhp stage2

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
yea i know what your saying. i like the look of the bootmod not seen the Alpine my self

i wish i could find a graph with stage1 and stage2 on so i can see what the gains were. i.e extra 70nm in mid range etc looking at BHP alone doesnt appear to be much in it 540 stage1 to 550bhp stage2
Have a read through this, there's some dyno graphs scattered about...

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1451583
      10-15-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Have a look at Open Flash Tablet Lee
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #6
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
I flashed my BootMod3 Stage 1 93 Octane on Sunday and wow- what a difference! I haven't had it on a rolling road but it certainly pulls very strongly. I have an Awron meter in mine which records and displays all sorts of data including a summary of the max values for power and torque. The maximum value for power I had seen was 471 PS standard. Last night I got 577 PS with the Stage 1 map. Now I'm not saying that is a true power figure but it is indicative of the gain to be expected.

You get one map included in the price but you also get the CS, CSL and GTS maps if you want to try those and they are free. Also, you get the GTS DCT flash included which is brilliant - smoother and sharper at the same time.

I haven't tried it yet but you can make some of your own modifications to the maps yourself. For example, the map I chose increases the burble pops and bangs on overrun in Sport and Sport plus. Fun but too much for everyday driving so I am going to return that aspect to stock levels.

The Scottish M Car group are having a rolling road day in November and quite a few have BM3 and others so we should get some feedback on that perhaps.
      10-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsojon View Post
I flashed my BootMod3 Stage 1 93 Octane on Sunday and wow- what a difference! I haven't had it on a rolling road but it certainly pulls very strongly. I have an Awron meter in mine which records and displays all sorts of data including a summary of the max values for power and torque. The maximum value for power I had seen was 471 PS standard. Last night I got 577 PS with the Stage 1 map. Now I'm not saying that is a true power figure but it is indicative of the gain to be expected.

You get one map included in the price but you also get the CS, CSL and GTS maps if you want to try those and they are free. Also, you get the GTS DCT flash included which is brilliant - smoother and sharper at the same time.

I haven't tried it yet but you can make some of your own modifications to the maps yourself. For example, the map I chose increases the burble pops and bangs on overrun in Sport and Sport plus. Fun but too much for everyday driving so I am going to return that aspect to stock levels.

The Scottish M Car group are having a rolling road day in November and quite a few have BM3 and others so we should get some feedback on that perhaps.
Almost exactly the same gain as mine so I doubt theq figures are far off. Great isn't it!
gatsojon498.00
      10-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsojon View Post

How does the traction feel Jon ?.
Appreciate 1
gatsojon498.00
      10-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #9
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
How does the traction feel Jon ?.
Yep good question... it's challenging!
      10-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #10
GP87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current:F82 M4 Previous:F83 M4

I took the plunge with bootmod3 earlier this week, and flashed the Stage 1 93 Octane Map and GTS Transmission Flash. Turned my four year old F82 into the machine it should have been out of the box! On the traction front, i've noticed a more linear delivery of power, as opposed to the lump of torque that unsettled the back end if you accelerated hard, previously. Will be playing around with the customisable options (pops, burbles etc) at the weekend to finesse further.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #11
tommysains
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpinderp View Post
I took the plunge with bootmod3 earlier this week, and flashed the Stage 1 93 Octane Map and GTS Transmission Flash. Turned my four year old F82 into the machine it should have been out of the box! On the traction front, i've noticed a more linear delivery of power, as opposed to the lump of torque that unsettled the back end if you accelerated hard, previously. Will be playing around with the customisable options (pops, burbles etc) at the weekend to finesse further.
How easy was this to do and what is your experience level. I'm keen but not completely sold yet. Where are you based?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 05:08 AM   #12
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Bootmod takes about 5 mins to do and is simple!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #13
GP87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current:F82 M4 Previous:F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysains View Post
How easy was this to do and what is your experience level. I'm keen but not completely sold yet. Where are you based?
The process is piece of cake- I flashed my car with a laptop tethered to a mobile phone. It really is simple, and requires little to no technical knowledge. For reference, I took guidance from this link and series of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQn5IOUoHRQ&t=3s

Other than that, I've played around with ISTA for diagnostics and maintenance on all my BMWs, and E-Sys for coding options on my current M4.
Appreciate 0