Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #67
BananaSlug
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk7 GTI → F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI View Post
Yes, for Eibach Euro V1.
      10-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #68
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
JDE92M3 I had Alex do the coding friday after we spoke. Took the car to C&C Saturday morning which was 52 miles each way. Car behaved better than stock, not one single moment of bouncing, floating or feeling light in the wheel. Loved the changes, loved the car with the height adjustment and the CS EDC coding. Why so many advocate for a whole different solution because they did it and costs thousands more is beyond me.

Admittedly, I have not tried the other setups, but if stock was acceptable to purchase the car and I have made it better than stock, what complaints could I possibly have?
And that is all I’m trying to say. The minute you suggest a spring, you are considered to “cheap” to buy coilovers. But considering I paid $1200 for Adaptive EDC, I would want to run those until my shocks go bad. And at 59K miles still no signs of dampener going bad. I love the way the car rides and I would say it’s better than stock. And when other experience the same thing goes to show I just want to share with the community lol, I don’t gain crap from any purchases or from any of my suggestions to others haha. Really happy it worked out and your loving the new setup!

JD
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #69
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyBoy View Post
Do you think the CS EDC coding is too soft at times? I had it coded on my stock non zcp F80 (stock suspension), and didn't like it as it made the ride too soft/less sporty. But I know you're paired with Eibach springs so may be different.
Actually I know exactly what your saying so when I coded the ZCP coding it was stiff and actually more than stiff it was poor dampening control. But with CS EDC it may seem “softer” but it is actually more absorbent when it comes to bumps. So if absorbing bumps is considered soft suspension then that’s what I like. I want the car to soak up bumps, not react to bumps. Personal preference. But definitely if you consider ZCP comfortable then CS will be too “soft.” But are you lowered? Because that will quickly magnify the weakness in ZCP coding. So if stock height you may prefer the other EDC coding. But once lowered you need all the dampening you can get.

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #70
RRedline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
JDE92M3 I had Alex do the coding friday after we spoke. Took the car to C&C Saturday morning which was 52 miles each way. Car behaved better than stock, not one single moment of bouncing, floating or feeling light in the wheel. Loved the changes, loved the car with the height adjustment and the CS EDC coding. Why so many advocate for a whole different solution because they did it and costs thousands more is beyond me.

Admittedly, I have not tried the other setups, but if stock was acceptable to purchase the car and I have made it better than stock, what complaints could I possibly have?
Running the same setup and completely agree.
Appreciate 2
JDE92M3874.00
      10-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #71
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Does doing the EDC coding and/or switching the springs void the factory warranty in any way?
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #72
KeyBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE92M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyBoy View Post
Do you think the CS EDC coding is too soft at times? I had it coded on my stock non zcp F80 (stock suspension), and didn't like it as it made the ride too soft/less sporty. But I know you're paired with Eibach springs so may be different.
Actually I know exactly what your saying so when I coded the ZCP coding it was stiff and actually more than stiff it was poor dampening control. But with CS EDC it may seem “softer” but it is actually more absorbent when it comes to bumps. So if absorbing bumps is considered soft suspension then that’s what I like. I want the car to soak up bumps, not react to bumps. Personal preference. But definitely if you consider ZCP comfortable then CS will be too “soft.” But are you lowered? Because that will quickly magnify the weakness in ZCP coding. So if stock height you may prefer the other EDC coding. But once lowered you need all the dampening you can get.

JD
Yeah i think once I lower the car I may try CS Edc again.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-07-2020, 01:27 AM   #73
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Does doing the EDC coding and/or switching the springs void the factory warranty in any way?
Honestly the springs could void suspension warranty and technically coding is not allowed. My dealer has never hassles me for warranty claims due to these mods. But mod at your own risk! May sound vague but everyone will have a different experience to share haha.

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 01:54 AM   #74
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Honestly the springs could void suspension warranty and technically coding is not allowed. My dealer has never hassles me for warranty claims due to these mods. But mod at your own risk! May sound vague but everyone will have a different experience to share haha.

JD
Haha thanks JD, I guess I'll check with my SA during my upcoming servicing.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #75
kmouze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02' RSX TYPE-S | 18' M3 ZCP

I recalled reading it somewhere but cant seem to find it. What are peoples results with the ZCP EDC with V1 springs? How does it feel? I'm not looking to bottom out and damaging anything, is it still better than stock ZCP springs? It seems the general consensus is to code CS EDC, but I'm trying to avoid coding anything for my suspension/transmission in the meantime. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kmouze; 10-08-2020 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-08-2020, 11:04 PM   #76
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmouze View Post
I recalled reading it somewhere but cant seem to find it. What are peoples results with the ZCP EDC with V1 springs? How does it feel? I'm not looking to bottom out and damaging anything, is it still better than stock ZCP springs? It seems the general consensus is to code CS EDC, but I'm trying to avoid coding anything for my suspension/transmission in the meantime. Thanks in advance.
To be truly honest of the 3 coding settings for dampers. The Non ZCP, ZCP and CS. I would rate it CS as best, then ZCP and then Non ZCP. The dampening characteristics on ZCP are unnecessarily stiff and the car didn’t respond well to bumps. The Non ZCP was too soft with dampening so you felt occasional bounce on unbalanced terrain. But I’ll just say between ZCP and non ZCP there is no perfect, it’s good enough. But CS is worth it 100%! Hope that helps

JD
Appreciate 1
kmouze194.00
      11-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #77
eXstasy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 F80M3, 11 E93M3, 06 E46M3

Quote:
I am running 265/35/19 in front and 305/30/19 in the rear.
JDE92M3 May I ask what your wheel make/model/specs are for this tire setup? Any spacers? Thanks!

I'm glad I found this thread. Really tempted to try the Eibach v1 with CS EDC programming on my base M3. I had read advice on this forum not to do CS EDC programming on the stock base dampers.

Have any of you added the ZCP rear sway bar to this combo as well?

Last edited by eXstasy; 11-03-2021 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #78
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXstasy View Post
JDE92M3 May I ask what your wheel make/model/specs are for this tire setup? Any spacers? Thanks!

I'm glad I found this thread. Really tempted to try the Eibach v1 with CS EDC programming on my base M3. I had read advice on this forum not to do CS EDC programming on the stock base dampers.

Have any of you added the ZCP rear sway bar to this combo as well?
Hey brotha I haven’t done the ZCP rear sway bar, just haven’t found the need to change my current one. You won’t be disappointed with these springs, I still have them and I love them! As for wheels they are custom Signature SV104.

F: 19x9.5” et20 265/35/19
R: 19x11” et40 305/30/19
*no spacers proper offset
Appreciate 1
eXstasy30.00
      12-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #79
eXstasy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 F80M3, 11 E93M3, 06 E46M3

Quote:
Hey brotha I haven’t done the ZCP rear sway bar, just haven’t found the need to change my current one. You won’t be disappointed with these springs, I still have them and I love them! As for wheels they are custom Signature SV104.

F: 19x9.5” et20 265/35/19
R: 19x11” et40 305/30/19
*no spacers proper offset
Thank you for the reply. I figured I should add my input to this thread, as I finally managed to find time to install these springs onto my car.

I have a base model 2016 M3. The spring rates are not too far off from the Eibach Euros.

Base F80 Spring rate: 177/591

ZCP F80 Spring rate:198/685

Eibach Euro v1 Spring rate: 183/628
Drop: 0.8/0.2
Part# E10-20-031-09-22

I installed both front and rear springs. I'm not a suspension guru or track rat, but even with such a small difference in rates, I could feel a difference in the car. I did not do any coding yet, as I wanted to see how they felt on my stock EDC calibration.

I could feel it a bit more when the car hit bumps. It was totally livable, but slightly harsher and would crash over some bumps, probably due to the increased rates as well as shortened travel.

Today, I got the CS EDC coded by Alex@Alpine. After a short test drive, I was pleasantly surprised. Whereas the base car felt like it had too much compression damping and not enough rebound, the CS EDC seems to be a bit softer on compression, but better on rebound. It just seems better matched to me. It doesn't crash as hard over bumps, rather it absorbs them smoothly.

I will say, I could barely detect the difference between Comfort and Sport on the roads I was testing it on. It was there but not enough for me to bother cycling away from Sport on a daily basis.

I want to put more miles on this setup to really judge it better, as these are just my first impressions, but I am so far very pleased. Thanks all for your feedback to help me make this decision for my car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
kmouze194.00
JDE92M3874.00
      01-02-2022, 11:01 AM   #80
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXstasy View Post
Thank you for the reply. I figured I should add my input to this thread, as I finally managed to find time to install these springs onto my car.

I have a base model 2016 M3. The spring rates are not too far off from the Eibach Euros.

Base F80 Spring rate: 177/591

ZCP F80 Spring rate:198/685

Eibach Euro v1 Spring rate: 183/628
Drop: 0.8/0.2
Part# E10-20-031-09-22

I installed both front and rear springs. I'm not a suspension guru or track rat, but even with such a small difference in rates, I could feel a difference in the car. I did not do any coding yet, as I wanted to see how they felt on my stock EDC calibration.

I could feel it a bit more when the car hit bumps. It was totally livable, but slightly harsher and would crash over some bumps, probably due to the increased rates as well as shortened travel.

Today, I got the CS EDC coded by Alex@Alpine. After a short test drive, I was pleasantly surprised. Whereas the base car felt like it had too much compression damping and not enough rebound, the CS EDC seems to be a bit softer on compression, but better on rebound. It just seems better matched to me. It doesn't crash as hard over bumps, rather it absorbs them smoothly.

I will say, I could barely detect the difference between Comfort and Sport on the roads I was testing it on. It was there but not enough for me to bother cycling away from Sport on a daily basis.

I want to put more miles on this setup to really judge it better, as these are just my first impressions, but I am so far very pleased. Thanks all for your feedback to help me make this decision for my car.

That’s so great to hear! I’m really happy the setup is working out for you, I still love mine to this day

JD
Appreciate 0