BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #89
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Look buddy, Jerusalem was part of Judea. In 1948 the majority of settlers were European jews returning to their Homeland after the persecution of Jews in Europe.
That statement could not be any more false. The majority of them whom are there now were never there to begin with. The fact that there were Jews there before does not mean that people can move in today from the middle of no where and kick Palestinians off their land and tell them that in The Talmud it said this was our land. That is a crock of BS!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #90
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Whether they be Jews or Arabs if we go back in time far enough before there was a Jerusalem, that area was settled in 4500-3500BCE by Egyptians because it was the site of a water Spring & the city that grew there was called Rusalimum (according to Wikipedia). It also states that both the Arabic & Jewish words for peace come from the name of the ancient city....how ironic
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #91
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Quote:
Look buddy, Jerusalem was part of Judea. In 1948 the majority of settlers were European jews returning to their Homeland after the persecution of Jews in Europe.
That statement could not be any more false. The majority of them whom are there now were never there to begin with. The fact that there were Jews there before does not mean that people can move in today from the middle of no where and kick Palestinians off their land and tell them that in The Talmud it said this was our land. That is a crock of BS!
Read many of your posts and it is obvious what side you are on.

Question- Would there be peace if Trump did not implement the Jerusalem embassy act?
Appreciate 1
anglo17475.50

12-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #92
anglo
Libertarian
France
Rep
Drives: M4

The Jewish people didn't go to China or Saudi Arabia and claimed it to be their land.
They moved back to Judea, Jerusalem is part of Judea.

Why would anyone be upset by this, arabs are still living in Jerusalem?
Appreciate 1
cliverman371.00

12-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #93
OlBloo
Where to next........
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

How many of you are knowledgeable of the Jewish actions in Israel after WW2? Everything the Israelis accuse the Arabs of, they were themselves guilty of the same acts.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #94
anglo
Libertarian
France
Rep

For some of the uninformed who think the Jews occupied Jerusalem.

The Jews were kicked out of Jerusalem, their own city.

(324–638), Jews were completely barred from Jerusalem except to attend Tisha be-Av, the day of national mourning for the Temples, and on this day the Jews would weep

The Arabs are the ones occupying Jewish land.

What they call Palestine is Judea.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #95
djsaad1
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
And the majority of the current Palestinians were not originally from there as well. They migrated from surrounding Arab countries later. If you follow their family lines, most are originally from Syria or Jordan.
Appreciate 1
anglo17475.50

12-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #96
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
And the majority of the current Palestinians were not originally from there as well. They migrated from surrounding Arab countries later. If you follow their family lines, most are originally from Syria or Jordan.
My qualm is this, some American born Israeli right wing living in a settlement is burning down some Arabs olive trees. Netanyahu's Likud party are trouble makers and they're not giving Abbas a modicum of negotiation to take back to 100+thousand youths that their future will improve.
Like someone above stated - why didn't Trump tell Netanyahu that in exchange for embassy talk have the Israeli's give something to Abbas.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #97
djsaad1
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
My qualm is this, some American born Israeli right wing living in a settlement is burning down some Arabs olive trees. Netanyahu's Likud party are trouble makers and they're not giving Abbas a modicum of negotiation to take back to 100+thousand youths that their future will improve.
Like someone above stated - why didn't Trump tell Netanyahu that in exchange for embassy talk have the Israeli's give something to Abbas.
What is there to give to Abbas? Israel has stated for years now, as long as Abbas or any other Palestinian organization states publicly that it accepts Israel's right to exist, Israel is ready to talk. Why would Israel start negotiating when the other side doesn't want to accept its existence?

Both Trump and Netanyahu in their speeches mentioned that they want a two state solution. Why can't the Palestinians state the same? The last time the Israelis gave something for free, was when they vacated all the settlements from Gaza and gave them to the Palestinians. And we all know how much that helped.

Last edited by djsaad1; 12-09-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #98
martin mustang
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520 F10,X5 40e, 911c4s, 635csi

So many went on to become Christians and Muslims in what followed.
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.
With all this they manage to call the locals going back 100 years terrorists.
Simply amazing, playing the victims as always.

Quote:
Occupy? Where do you think thr Jewish people came from? Some never left Israel
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

12-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #99
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Based upon your Wikipedia link, Abraham binding Issac (a Jew) is the first recorded history of Jerusalem. Jews trace their lineage to Issac, whereas Muslims trace their lineage to Ishmael. So it would seem the Jews have the first claim?
Jerusalem did not become Jewish land until the rule of king David. They captured Jerusalem from the Jebusite. Prior to David they had no ownership of the Land.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #100
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.

Quote:
Occupy? Where do you think thr Jewish people came from? Some never left Israel
Put the pipe down
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #101
djsaad1
Major
Rep

Quote:
Compare the number of Muslims inside of tiny Israel to the number of Jews in syria, lebenon, Egypt, Jordan, iraq, Saudia arabia, yemen, and Libya combined. And then tell us how much Israel is a "prison" comparatively.

I agree that the Muslims in Israel are not treated equally, just like the minorities in the US are not treated equally. But at least they have a chance to live in Israel with freedom and rights, unlike the Jews in all the for mentioned countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #102
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Why is it so hard for the liberals to admit that the Jews were the victims here?
The province of Judea name was changed to Palestine.

You guys can go back in history and vilify people like Columbus.
Quote:
Why is it so hard for the liberals to admit that the Jews were the victims here?
The province of Judea name was changed to Palestine.

You guys can go back in history and vilify people like Columbus.
You make a good comedian lol.. Is it the Jews that are the Victims living under Apartheid rule of the Palestinians or the Palestinians that are the victims living under Apartheid rule of the Israelis..? Is it the Palestinians under Israeli military rule with walls around their territories or is it Israelis under Palestinian military rule with walls around their territories..? Is it the Israelis locked up in Palestinian prisons indefinitely without charges or Palestinian locked up in Israeli prisons without charges..? Is it the Palestinians tearing down Israeli homes and settlements to build new Settlements for Palestinian religious extremist settlers from abroad or Israelis tearing down Palestinian homes and territories to build new settlements for Zionist immigrant settlers from abroad..?

Wha was the job of Irgun back in the days..?
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

12-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #103
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I agree that the Muslims in Israel are not treated equally, just like the minorities in the US are not treated equally. But at least they have a chance to live in Israel with freedom and rights, unlike the Jews in all the for mentioned countries.
My 2cents on this. The "Society" of Israel is as racists as America was in the early 1900s. Not only do they treat "Arabs", regardless if they are Muslim or Christian, as second class, they treat Ethiopian Jews like pure shit even worse.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32813056

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/07/w...ty-502697.html

Based on this Jewish source only a minority of Israelies welcome Ethiopian Jews

Quote:
Israelis were very excited and proud to bring Ethiopian Jews to Israel, and felt a particular affinity for their commitment to Judaism in exile and desire to return to Zion. Nevertheless, Ethiopians have sometimes been victims of discrimination. Only 25 percent of Israelis say they want to live next to Ethiopians and the government settled many of them in towns on Israel’s periphery.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...jews-in-israel
There are Black Jews that are part of the IDF and there are also Arab Muslims that are part of the IDF. But the society treats the defenders of their country as second class citizens.

If you are European Jew you get treated far better than if you are a Black or Arab Jew.
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

12-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #104
djsaad1
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaQaf View Post
My 2cents on this. The "Society" of Israel is as racists as America was in the early 1900s. Not only do they treat "Arabs", regardless if they are Muslim or Christian, as second class, they treat Ethiopian Jews like pure shit even worse.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32813056

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/07/w...ty-502697.html

Based on this Jewish source only a minority of Israelies welcome Ethiopian Jews

There are Black Jews that are part of the IDF and there are also Arab Muslims that are part of the IDF. But the society treats the defenders of their country as second class citizens.

If you are European Jew you get treated far better than if you are a Black or Arab Jew.
That is extreme, Israel isn't any more racist than most of Europe. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is nowhere near the US in the early 1900's.

There are many articles and stories from the ethiopians loving Israel and how some would give their life for the country and its people.

Again, Israel is a western country, it is easy to visit Israel, it's just a plane ride away. For the people that have never been and have such a bad perception of the country and people I recommend to go visit. Stay for a few days, visit the sites, talk to the people. Even go into the West Bank, talk to the Palestinians. That is the only way you will ever get the whole picture.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM46885.00
anglo17475.50

12-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #105
anglo
Libertarian
France
Rep

I was arguing the Jewish state has every right to make Jerusalem its capital.

Jerusalem was always part of Judea, Judea home of the Israelite tribe of judea is modern day Israel!

You'll can complain all you want, it's gonna happen and i applaud Mr Trump for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #106
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is extreme, Israel isn't any more racist than most of Europe. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is nowhere near the US in the early 1900's.

There are many articles and stories from the ethiopians loving Israel and how some would give their life for the country and its people.

Again, Israel is a western country, it is easy to visit Israel, it's just a plane ride away. For the people that have never been and have such a bad perception of the country and people I recommend to go visit. Stay for a few days, visit the sites, talk to the people. Even go into the West Bank, talk to the Palestinians. That is the only way you will ever get the whole picture.
Yes I am aware of it, you can love your country to death and still be mistreated by the society. Prime example: African Americans, if it wasn't for them you would be under British rule, but they tolerated oppression, lynching and discrimination just up till 50-60 years ago and they still love their country. The Ethiopia Jews are being persevere in the same manner.

It is just as easy to go to Israel as it is easy to go to Singapore, China or Japan. There is nothing unique about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #107
anglo
Libertarian
France
Rep

Quote:
Yes I am aware of it, you can love your country to death and still be mistreated by the society. Prime example: African Americans, if it wasn't for them you would be under British rule, but they tolerated oppression, lynching and discrimination just up till 50-60 years ago and they still love their country. The Ethiopia Jews are being persevere in the same manner.

It is just as easy to go to Israel as it is easy to go to Singapore, China or Japan. There is nothing unique about it.
It's the only democracy in the Middle East.

They respect women, young girls, they made incredible advancements in various fields, medical, physics, commerce etc.

And not just another shit hole with people incapable of creating a democracy!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #108
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You'll can complain all you want, it's gonna happen and i applaud Mr Trump for it.
So, by the POTUS announcing publicly, in recognition, and unilaterally, that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel (old news) is a new strategic approach for the better pursuit of peace between Palestine and Israel ? Yeah right !

Current climaxing conditions surely dont support this idea if you believe that. This seems more instigating than anything. Why do you think the previous POTUS didn't do this ? It was to protect Americans traveling abroad and to keep from adding to existing blood shed in the region that would lead to more war.

If you applaud Trump then your for the bloodshed and for more Americans to be targeted. Is that what you want ? Well thats what your applauding. You may not have to travel, but Americans as myself have to travel and deal with the Trumpshit when we are out of the country trying to protect YOU.
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

12-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #109
anglo
Libertarian
France
Rep

Quote:
So, by the POTUS announcing publicly, in recognition, and unilaterally, that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel (old news) is a new strategic approach for the better pursuit of peace between Palestine and Israel ? Yeah right !

Current climaxing conditions surely dont support this idea if you believe that. This seems more instigating than anything. Why do you think the previous POTUS didn't do this ? It was to protect Americans traveling abroad and to keep from adding to existing blood shed in the region that would lead to more war.

If you applaud Trump then your for the bloodshed and for more Americans to be targeted. Is that what you want ? Well thats what your applauding. You may not have to travel, but Americans as myself have to travel and deal with the Trumpshit when we are out of the country trying to protect YOU.
The threat of the cowards going after innocent Americans is part of life, they attack us every chance they get already.

Not just us, they also attack the Europeans who support the Palestinian cause.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #110
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's the only democracy in the Middle East.

They respect women, young girls, they made incredible advancements in various fields, medical, physics, commerce etc.

And not just another shit hole with people incapable of creating a democracy!
....and the only democratic country that has to rely on the United States and our tax dollars. Those middle eastern countries the United States does plenty of business with more business than Israel can provide to the United States.

Is China and Russia a democracy ? Do they look at women as equals to men and have they not also made advancements in science and technology ? Culture plays a big role in what type of political system the country will be molded into

Now what was you point linking democracy with middle east ?
Appreciate 0