BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #89
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
222
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Look buddy, Jerusalem was part of Judea. In 1948 the majority of settlers were European jews returning to their Homeland after the persecution of Jews in Europe.
That statement could not be any more false. The majority of them whom are there now were never there to begin with. The fact that there were Jews there before does not mean that people can move in today from the middle of no where and kick Palestinians off their land and tell them that in The Talmud it said this was our land. That is a crock of BS!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #90
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1156
Rep
2,757
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Whether they be Jews or Arabs if we go back in time far enough before there was a Jerusalem, that area was settled in 4500-3500BCE by Egyptians because it was the site of a water Spring & the city that grew there was called Rusalimum (according to Wikipedia). It also states that both the Arabic & Jewish words for peace come from the name of the ancient city....how ironic
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #91
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
2737
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Look buddy, Jerusalem was part of Judea. In 1948 the majority of settlers were European jews returning to their Homeland after the persecution of Jews in Europe.
That statement could not be any more false. The majority of them whom are there now were never there to begin with. The fact that there were Jews there before does not mean that people can move in today from the middle of no where and kick Palestinians off their land and tell them that in The Talmud it said this was our land. That is a crock of BS!
Read many of your posts and it is obvious what side you are on.

Question- Would there be peace if Trump did not implement the Jerusalem embassy act?
Appreciate 1
anglo17475.50

      12-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #92
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
France
17476
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

The Jewish people didn't go to China or Saudi Arabia and claimed it to be their land.
They moved back to Judea, Jerusalem is part of Judea.

Why would anyone be upset by this, arabs are still living in Jerusalem?
Appreciate 1
cliverman371.00

      12-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #93
OlBloo
Where to next........
OlBloo's Avatar
209
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: E92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Cascadia

iTrader: (0)

How many of you are knowledgeable of the Jewish actions in Israel after WW2? Everything the Israelis accuse the Arabs of, they were themselves guilty of the same acts.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #94
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
France
17476
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

For some of the uninformed who think the Jews occupied Jerusalem.

The Jews were kicked out of Jerusalem, their own city.

(324–638), Jews were completely barred from Jerusalem except to attend Tisha be-Av, the day of national mourning for the Temples, and on this day the Jews would weep

The Arabs are the ones occupying Jewish land.

What they call Palestine is Judea.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #95
djsaad1
Major
280
Rep
1,250
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
That statement could not be any more false. The majority of them whom are there now were never there to begin with. The fact that there were Jews there before does not mean that people can move in today from the middle of no where and kick Palestinians off their land and tell them that in The Talmud it said this was our land. That is a crock of BS!
And the majority of the current Palestinians were not originally from there as well. They migrated from surrounding Arab countries later. If you follow their family lines, most are originally from Syria or Jordan.
Appreciate 1
anglo17475.50

      12-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #96
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
1087
Rep
3,444
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
And the majority of the current Palestinians were not originally from there as well. They migrated from surrounding Arab countries later. If you follow their family lines, most are originally from Syria or Jordan.
My qualm is this, some American born Israeli right wing living in a settlement is burning down some Arabs olive trees. Netanyahu's Likud party are trouble makers and they're not giving Abbas a modicum of negotiation to take back to 100+thousand youths that their future will improve.
Like someone above stated - why didn't Trump tell Netanyahu that in exchange for embassy talk have the Israeli's give something to Abbas.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #97
djsaad1
Major
280
Rep
1,250
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
My qualm is this, some American born Israeli right wing living in a settlement is burning down some Arabs olive trees. Netanyahu's Likud party are trouble makers and they're not giving Abbas a modicum of negotiation to take back to 100+thousand youths that their future will improve.
Like someone above stated - why didn't Trump tell Netanyahu that in exchange for embassy talk have the Israeli's give something to Abbas.
What is there to give to Abbas? Israel has stated for years now, as long as Abbas or any other Palestinian organization states publicly that it accepts Israel's right to exist, Israel is ready to talk. Why would Israel start negotiating when the other side doesn't want to accept its existence?

Both Trump and Netanyahu in their speeches mentioned that they want a two state solution. Why can't the Palestinians state the same? The last time the Israelis gave something for free, was when they vacated all the settlements from Gaza and gave them to the Palestinians. And we all know how much that helped.

Last edited by djsaad1; 12-09-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #98
martin mustang
Captain
Ireland
76
Rep
880
Posts

Drives: 520 F10,X5 40e, 911c4s, 635csi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

So many went on to become Christians and Muslims in what followed.
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.
With all this they manage to call the locals going back 100 years terrorists.
Simply amazing, playing the victims as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Occupy? Where do you think thr Jewish people came from? Some never left Israel
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

      12-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #99
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
233
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: ((((((( BQ )))))))

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Based upon your Wikipedia link, Abraham binding Issac (a Jew) is the first recorded history of Jerusalem. Jews trace their lineage to Issac, whereas Muslims trace their lineage to Ishmael. So it would seem the Jews have the first claim?
Jerusalem did not become Jewish land until the rule of king David. They captured Jerusalem from the Jebusite. Prior to David they had no ownership of the Land.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #100
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
2737
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
So many went on to become Christians and Muslims in what followed.
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.
With all this they manage to call the locals going back 100 years terrorists.
Simply amazing, playing the victims as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Occupy? Where do you think thr Jewish people came from? Some never left Israel
Put the pipe down
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #101
djsaad1
Major
280
Rep
1,250
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
So many went on to become Christians and Muslims in what followed.
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.
With all this they manage to call the locals going back 100 years terrorists.
Simply amazing, playing the victims as always.
Compare the number of Muslims inside of tiny Israel to the number of Jews in syria, lebenon, Egypt, Jordan, iraq, Saudia arabia, yemen, and Libya combined. And then tell us how much Israel is a "prison" comparatively.

I agree that the Muslims in Israel are not treated equally, just like the minorities in the US are not treated equally. But at least they have a chance to live in Israel with freedom and rights, unlike the Jews in all the for mentioned countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #102
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
222
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Why is it so hard for the liberals to admit that the Jews were the victims here?
The province of Judea name was changed to Palestine.

You guys can go back in history and vilify people like Columbus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Why is it so hard for the liberals to admit that the Jews were the victims here?
The province of Judea name was changed to Palestine.

You guys can go back in history and vilify people like Columbus.
You make a good comedian lol.. Is it the Jews that are the Victims living under Apartheid rule of the Palestinians or the Palestinians that are the victims living under Apartheid rule of the Israelis..? Is it the Palestinians under Israeli military rule with walls around their territories or is it Israelis under Palestinian military rule with walls around their territories..? Is it the Israelis locked up in Palestinian prisons indefinitely without charges or Palestinian locked up in Israeli prisons without charges..? Is it the Palestinians tearing down Israeli homes and settlements to build new Settlements for Palestinian religious extremist settlers from abroad or Israelis tearing down Palestinian homes and territories to build new settlements for Zionist immigrant settlers from abroad..?

Wha was the job of Irgun back in the days..?
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

      12-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #103
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
233
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: ((((((( BQ )))))))

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
.....
the bottom of line is Israel is the only state in the world based on religion only, a place that will give priority and a life to a French Jew that moves in today and denies basic human rights for Arabs that go back to the beginnings, Christian and Muslim Arabs denied life, land living in a what every one knows as the world biggest prison.
With all this they manage to call the locals going back 100 years terrorists.
Simply amazing, playing the victims as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post

I agree that the Muslims in Israel are not treated equally, just like the minorities in the US are not treated equally. But at least they have a chance to live in Israel with freedom and rights, unlike the Jews in all the for mentioned countries.
My 2cents on this. The "Society" of Israel is as racists as America was in the early 1900s. Not only do they treat "Arabs", regardless if they are Muslim or Christian, as second class, they treat Ethiopian Jews like pure shit even worse.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32813056

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/07/w...ty-502697.html

Based on this Jewish source only a minority of Israelies welcome Ethiopian Jews

Quote:
Israelis were very excited and proud to bring Ethiopian Jews to Israel, and felt a particular affinity for their commitment to Judaism in exile and desire to return to Zion. Nevertheless, Ethiopians have sometimes been victims of discrimination. Only 25 percent of Israelis say they want to live next to Ethiopians and the government settled many of them in towns on Israel’s periphery.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...jews-in-israel
There are Black Jews that are part of the IDF and there are also Arab Muslims that are part of the IDF. But the society treats the defenders of their country as second class citizens.

If you are European Jew you get treated far better than if you are a Black or Arab Jew.
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

      12-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #104
djsaad1
Major
280
Rep
1,250
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaQaf View Post
My 2cents on this. The "Society" of Israel is as racists as America was in the early 1900s. Not only do they treat "Arabs", regardless if they are Muslim or Christian, as second class, they treat Ethiopian Jews like pure shit even worse.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32813056

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/07/w...ty-502697.html

Based on this Jewish source only a minority of Israelies welcome Ethiopian Jews



There are Black Jews that are part of the IDF and there are also Arab Muslims that are part of the IDF. But the society treats the defenders of their country as second class citizens.

If you are European Jew you get treated far better than if you are a Black or Arab Jew.
That is extreme, Israel isn't any more racist than most of Europe. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is nowhere near the US in the early 1900's.

There are many articles and stories from the ethiopians loving Israel and how some would give their life for the country and its people.

Again, Israel is a western country, it is easy to visit Israel, it's just a plane ride away. For the people that have never been and have such a bad perception of the country and people I recommend to go visit. Stay for a few days, visit the sites, talk to the people. Even go into the West Bank, talk to the Palestinians. That is the only way you will ever get the whole picture.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM46885.00
anglo17475.50

      12-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #105
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
France
17476
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

I was arguing the Jewish state has every right to make Jerusalem its capital.

Jerusalem was always part of Judea, Judea home of the Israelite tribe of judea is modern day Israel!

You'll can complain all you want, it's gonna happen and i applaud Mr Trump for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #106
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
233
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: ((((((( BQ )))))))

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
That is extreme, Israel isn't any more racist than most of Europe. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is nowhere near the US in the early 1900's.

There are many articles and stories from the ethiopians loving Israel and how some would give their life for the country and its people.

Again, Israel is a western country, it is easy to visit Israel, it's just a plane ride away. For the people that have never been and have such a bad perception of the country and people I recommend to go visit. Stay for a few days, visit the sites, talk to the people. Even go into the West Bank, talk to the Palestinians. That is the only way you will ever get the whole picture.
Yes I am aware of it, you can love your country to death and still be mistreated by the society. Prime example: African Americans, if it wasn't for them you would be under British rule, but they tolerated oppression, lynching and discrimination just up till 50-60 years ago and they still love their country. The Ethiopia Jews are being persevere in the same manner.

It is just as easy to go to Israel as it is easy to go to Singapore, China or Japan. There is nothing unique about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #107
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
France
17476
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaQaf View Post
Yes I am aware of it, you can love your country to death and still be mistreated by the society. Prime example: African Americans, if it wasn't for them you would be under British rule, but they tolerated oppression, lynching and discrimination just up till 50-60 years ago and they still love their country. The Ethiopia Jews are being persevere in the same manner.

It is just as easy to go to Israel as it is easy to go to Singapore, China or Japan. There is nothing unique about it.
It's the only democracy in the Middle East.

They respect women, young girls, they made incredible advancements in various fields, medical, physics, commerce etc.

And not just another shit hole with people incapable of creating a democracy!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #108
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
233
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: ((((((( BQ )))))))

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post

You'll can complain all you want, it's gonna happen and i applaud Mr Trump for it.
So, by the POTUS announcing publicly, in recognition, and unilaterally, that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel (old news) is a new strategic approach for the better pursuit of peace between Palestine and Israel ? Yeah right !

Current climaxing conditions surely dont support this idea if you believe that. This seems more instigating than anything. Why do you think the previous POTUS didn't do this ? It was to protect Americans traveling abroad and to keep from adding to existing blood shed in the region that would lead to more war.

If you applaud Trump then your for the bloodshed and for more Americans to be targeted. Is that what you want ? Well thats what your applauding. You may not have to travel, but Americans as myself have to travel and deal with the Trumpshit when we are out of the country trying to protect YOU.
Appreciate 1
Bx Tpr86.50

      12-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #109
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
France
17476
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaQaf View Post
So, by the POTUS announcing publicly, in recognition, and unilaterally, that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel (old news) is a new strategic approach for the better pursuit of peace between Palestine and Israel ? Yeah right !

Current climaxing conditions surely dont support this idea if you believe that. This seems more instigating than anything. Why do you think the previous POTUS didn't do this ? It was to protect Americans traveling abroad and to keep from adding to existing blood shed in the region that would lead to more war.

If you applaud Trump then your for the bloodshed and for more Americans to be targeted. Is that what you want ? Well thats what your applauding. You may not have to travel, but Americans as myself have to travel and deal with the Trumpshit when we are out of the country trying to protect YOU.
The threat of the cowards going after innocent Americans is part of life, they attack us every chance they get already.

Not just us, they also attack the Europeans who support the Palestinian cause.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #110
BaaQaf
Lieutenant
United_States
233
Rep
407
Posts

Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: ((((((( BQ )))))))

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
It's the only democracy in the Middle East.

They respect women, young girls, they made incredible advancements in various fields, medical, physics, commerce etc.

And not just another shit hole with people incapable of creating a democracy!
....and the only democratic country that has to rely on the United States and our tax dollars. Those middle eastern countries the United States does plenty of business with more business than Israel can provide to the United States.

Is China and Russia a democracy ? Do they look at women as equals to men and have they not also made advancements in science and technology ? Culture plays a big role in what type of political system the country will be molded into

Now what was you point linking democracy with middle east ?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST