R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #89
Cleveralias
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Alex View Post
Hey all - I know this is an old thread, but hoping to revive because I’m looking for some advice. My UUC Evo3 shifter was installed by a shop. Their work has always been high quality. It’s centered and looks good, but it seems that there is some rotation. For instance I can turn the knob about 30 degrees clockwise and counter clockwise. Is this typical? Note that I still have a stock knob.
I had a terrible experience with the UUC kit where it was obscenely sloppy. Like an inch of play on either side when in gear sloppy (some rotation as well). ACM confirmed it was properly installed, so I assume it must have been a manufacturing defect. Their customer service was then nonexistent, so I just returned it.

The only way you could have rotation, I would think, is if there is slop in one or more of the connections to the linkage going to the tranny - so where the UUC shifter meets the linkage.

I ordered the Auto Solutions kit and for me it’s absolutely perfect.

Last edited by Cleveralias; 02-06-2021 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #90
F80Alex
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Auto solutions short shifter? How’s the throw and feel? I want something analog and a bit knotchy.

Last edited by F80Alex; 02-07-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #91
Cleveralias
Rep

The feel is beautiful. Very tight and mechanical feeling. Nothing vague about it. I also installed their stiffer bushings for the carrier with the shifter and I’m sure that’s also contributing to the feel. You can specify the throw reduction and shifter height when you order.

Between that short shift and the Ultimate Clutch Pedal the car feels perfect. Best money I’ve spent.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #92
F80Alex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveralias View Post
The feel is beautiful. Very tight and mechanical feeling. Nothing vague about it. I also installed their stiffer bushings for the carrier with the shifter and I’m sure that’s also contributing to the feel. You can specify the throw reduction and shifter height when you order.

Between that short shift and the Ultimate Clutch Pedal the car feels perfect. Best money I’ve spent.
Sounds sweet. You order it here? http://autosolutions.info/
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #93
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

I ordered one as well, that's the correct site. Send him an email and he will respond with your options.

Mine comes in tomorrow and I'm looking forward to getting it installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #94
F80Alex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
I ordered one as well, that's the correct site. Send him an email and he will respond with your options.

Mine comes in tomorrow and I'm looking forward to getting it installed.
Cool! Let me know what you think after you have it installed. I just purchased my Evo3 short shifter and had it installed about a week ago. So I can’t bring myself to already purchase a new short shifter until I give it more time. That said, my interest are piqued!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #95
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

From what I have read, and amount of technical information he provided via email conversations I had to go his shifter. Reading others comments hes the BMW shifter whisperer

I ended up getting a 25% throw reduction with the 80a bronze bushing upgrade.

I will be sure to give you an update, I'm looking forward this upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #96
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Alex View Post
Cool! Let me know what you think after you have it installed. I just purchased my Evo3 short shifter and had it installed about a week ago. So I can’t bring myself to already purchase a new short shifter until I give it more time. That said, my interest are piqued!
The Auto Solutions shifter is amazing! Its tight and and engages perfectly each time. With the harder bushing there is a bit more shifter vibration and a bit more noise transfer but nothing that bothers me. If your worried about that just don't get the harder bushings.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 11:34 PM   #97
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:

What percentage reduction did you get, if you don’t mind? And what height did you choose?

Many thanks!

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #98
Cleveralias
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
What percentage reduction did you get, if you don’t mind? And what height did you choose?

Many thanks!
25% reduction and I believe I went with stock height at Ronald's recommendation. In the end I would have preferred it to be a little lower, so I ended up grinding down the swell at the base flush with the upper portion of the shifter so as to allow my BFI knob to mount lower.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #99
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
25% reduction and I believe I went with stock height at Ronald's recommendation. In the end I would have preferred it to be a little lower, so I ended up grinding down the swell at the base flush with the upper portion of the shifter so as to allow my BFI knob to mount lower.
Thank you.

I spoke with Ronald yesterday and ordered a 22.5%, stock height, intermediate bushings. I intend to post a DYI thread when I receive it.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #100
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

I use the latest version of the UUC too. It is perfect. Sits straight, better more solid and mechanical feel. It is not easier to shift fast but i am happy with it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #101
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
I use the latest version of the UUC too. It is perfect. Sits straight, better more solid and mechanical feel. It is not easier to shift fast but i am happy with it.
Nice seats!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:58 AM   #102
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
I just installed my UUC SSK. The install wasnt bad, the hardest part is getting the rubber boot out of the tunnel and pulling it through the cabin.

The shifts are much shorter, as well as more crisp. There is a little play in the shifter, but much less than stock. The knob is centered left to right, but it is a little bit futher forward than the OEM shifter (which I dont mind and quickly get used to). There is a much more mechanical feel to the shifts which I definitely like.

Overall I am happy with the UUC.
Did you use a DIY to install?

I spoke to Ronald at Autosolutions yesterday and he's taking orders for February 22. I'm getting the UUC and if I don't like jt, I'll try the Autosolutions option.
      11-07-2021, 08:12 PM   #103
d0ctorj3kyll
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4 Comp

Hi all! Sorry for the thread revival!

Just had an Evo3 installed on my F82 (Australian stock, RHD if that makes any difference). Having some issues I wonder if you can assist with.

The shift pattern has moved way too far forward - 4th gear is now where stock neutral was, and reverse, 1st and 3rd nearly pull the shift boot trim out with how far forward they stretch it. The shifter shaft is almost touching the forward edge of the shift well. Have confirmed the bolt head is correctly oriented (forward) and the shifter is not in backwards. Have photos of all these positions but can't work out how to upload directly from my phone lol!

The shifter is also failing to return to neutral properly, like the detent springs aren't strong enough or something is too tight. 1st/2nd will come back to neutral weakly/slowly but 5th/6th just leave the shifter leaning to the right and it won't return until you push it over. Makes shifting difficult and not intuitive.

Have also noticed the shift knob and upper portion of the shifter shaft are rotating clockwise (to the right) about 20-30 degrees when moving it around or changing gears. Everything appears done up tight, and I've read in another forum that apparently a rubber bushing can be supplied by UUC to tighten this up?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #104
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ctorj3kyll View Post

Just had an Evo3 installed on my F82 (Australian stock, RHD if that makes any difference). Having some issues I wonder if you can assist with.

The shift pattern has moved way too far forward - 4th gear is now where stock neutral was, and reverse, 1st and 3rd nearly pull the shift boot trim out with how far forward they stretch it. The shifter shaft is almost touching the forward edge of the shift well. Have confirmed the bolt head is correctly oriented (forward) and the shifter is not in backwards. Have photos of all these positions but can't work out how to upload directly from my phone lol!

The shifter is also failing to return to neutral properly, like the detent springs aren't strong enough or something is too tight. 1st/2nd will come back to neutral weakly/slowly but 5th/6th just leave the shifter leaning to the right and it won't return until you push it over. Makes shifting difficult and not intuitive.

Have also noticed the shift knob and upper portion of the shifter shaft are rotating clockwise (to the right) about 20-30 degrees when moving it around or changing gears. Everything appears done up tight, and I've read in another forum that apparently a rubber bushing can be supplied by UUC to tighten this up?

I'm getting ready to install the UUC Eco. I got these instructions. Not sure if they are any help. http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/EVO3_IN...ALL_USSF80.pdf
      11-19-2021, 06:43 PM   #105
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcampo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ctorj3kyll View Post

I'm getting ready to install the UUC Eco. I got these instructions. Not sure if they are any help. http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/EVO3_IN...ALL_USSF80.pdf
Just installed the UUC and not loving it. Neutral sits way to forward and 5th gear is hard to get to.

I've read a lot of threads on UUC issues. I've confirmed mine was installed correctly with the lever screw facing forward. Is there something else I'm missing as far of a instal error or adjustment. At this point, I'll got back to stock.