Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

11-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #67
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Exactly
:]

Also, 2000lb. 200lb might be too much to ask for.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #68
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079

Edit: let me put to this easy for you since you STILL dont understand.

M badges on everything means every non m car with more m badges than any other m car (including your beloved x6m and a hypothetical m7 which you would oh so love just because its a 7 made by m) like a 128 m sport, 328 m sport, x1 (?!) m sport, blah blah m sport.

No one on here is ranting besides you. Take a look and read everyones posts. We're just giving our opinions while you are ranting and whining like a little school girl.

Are you serious?

What ego are you talking about? I was just responding to your posts and since you are coming at me sideways, i finally got fed up with your bullshit because A. I never said please stop making these cars because my m3 is becoming insignificant and B. I never said i am nor is my car better than all others, yet your argument back at me is that i feel that way.

Are you still going on with this? No, your M3 is not the holy grail of Motorsport cars.

I don't think you understand the issue here. The issue is you think (along with many other elite M3 owners) that the M badge is so holy that it's a sin to put on other cars even if they drive a LOT better than their non-M counterparts. That's all really.

It's little girly behavior like this that makes M3 drivers look like tools to the rest of the automotive community. I swear M3 owners cry more than any other group of enthusiasts. And not because BMW is making shitty cars, no, it's because there's... There's an M on it boo hoo

You gals need to stop throwing a tantrum about your little M badge.
      11-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #69
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Are you still going on with this? No, your M3 is not the holy grail of Motorsport cars.

I don't think you understand the issue here. The issue is you think (along with many other elite M3 owners) that the M badge is so holy that it's a sin to put on other cars even if they drive a LOT better than their non-M counterparts. That's all really.

It's little girly behavior like this that makes M3 drivers look like tools to the rest of the automotive community. I swear M3 owners cry more than any other group of enthusiasts. And not because BMW is making shitty cars, no, it's because there's... There's an M on it boo hoo

Let's not be little kids here...kiss and make up, y'all...stop being brats.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #70
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079

M badges on everything means every non m car with more m badges than any other m car (including your beloved x6m and a hypothetical m7 which you would oh so love just because its a 7 made by m) like a 128 m sport, 328 m sport, x1 (?!) m sport, blah blah m sport.

No one on here is ranting besides you. Take a look and read everyones posts. We're just giving our opinions while you are ranting and whining like a little school girl.

Are you serious?

What ego are you talking about? I was just responding to your posts and since you are coming at me sideways, i finally got fed up with your bullshit because A. I never said please stop making these cars because my m3 is becoming insignificant and B. I never said i am nor is my car better than all others, yet your argument back at me is that i feel that way.

I have a really potent sedative prescription if you need one.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #71
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag
Quote:

Let's not be little kids here...kiss and make up, y'all...stop being brats.
I think "gals" is referring to all of us including you.

Haha. Girly behavior giving us a bad name. I mean doing all the work on my own car and going to the track as many of us do and driving like a grandma in the city i think is doing all of us a favor in terms of the stereotype.

I will say this for the umpteenth time - I specifically said that the m3 is not the best car yet he feels compelled to keep saying that we think it is.

I mean this is on another level. Only girls play mind games or let their minds play tricks on them
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #72
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

Haha. Girly behavior giving us a bad name. I mean doing all the work on my own car and going to the track as many of us do and driving like a grandma in the city i think is doing all of us a favor in terms of the stereotype.

I will say this for the umpteenth time - I specifically said that the m3 is not the best car yet he feels compelled to keep saying that we think it is.

I mean this is on another level. Only girls play mind games or let their minds play tricks on them
People will only read what they want to see.

Just leave it be. It's that time of the month again.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #73
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

The end.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #74
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

BMW just needs a halo car, preferably a homologated race car. Even if it was a one make series similar to Porches's cup car series where privateers can buy race cars or convert their M cars to race cars. Something to link their consumer cars to race cars. Not just "high performance" parts. or an over priced exercise (M3 GTS) that i have yet to see anywhere on any race series. You can't blame BMW, Audi does the same with their "S" line. Long gone is the off the shelf Quattro rally car that you could find in the dealership. Porsche leaving out the GT3 race motor in the current 991 GT3 is sad as well. Once companies establish their brand through Motorsport, they never go back to reinforce it through racing. Looks like its the plan all along. Prove you can do it once and then sell sell sell as much with as little a possible. I can't stand when I hear how car companies "infuse" their cars with their motorsport DNA. Makes me gag. I do think the M4 is seriously hot though
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #75
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

I am ok with using M badge parts when it directly boosts the performance of car against standard street version. I am not ok with it when it's just slapping body parts and interior trims with badging just for looks and does nothing for me to add to fun factor. I would think most would agree. Having said that I can't wait to hear of the first guy to order a loaded m performance part 335i for 65k plus and the ripping on this forum for not buying a base M4. If M performance is your focus the choice is a no brainer
      11-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #76
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

Quote:
The end.
No, wait a minute, you have another rant due when the new I8-M is announced next year.....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #77
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
Quote:
The end.
No, wait a minute, you have another rant due when the new I8-M is announced next year.....
But i wouldnt mind an i8M. Better be FOUR cylinders at least lol
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #78
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Rican
I am ok with using M badge parts when it directly boosts the performance of car against standard street version. I am not ok with it when it's just slapping body parts and interior trims with badging just for looks and does nothing for me to add to fun factor. I would think most would agree. Having said that I can't wait to hear of the first guy to order a loaded m performance part 335i for 65k plus and the ripping on this forum for not buying a base M4. If M performance is your focus the choice is a no brainer
I saw a craigslist lease take over ad once in la. It was a 328i msport loaded and msrp was $65k.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #79
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hey, I'm not the one crying about BMWs having an extra M on them. "oh no! Too many Ms!! They aren't worthy!" lol

11-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #80
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Are you serious?

So what if there are M stickers everywhere? Why do you care? How should that affect how much you enjoy your M3?

To me that is as ridiculous as saying I'm not going to buy a 991 GT3 because because a Cayenne Diesel has a Porsche logo on it.

If the car is good, go for it. Why should it matter if there are other cars? Or are people so insecure that if a 128i Msport pulls up next to you, you'll want to sell the car immediately?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #81
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
So what if there are M stickers everywhere? Why do you care? How should that affect how much you enjoy your M3?

To me that is as ridiculous as saying I'm not going to buy a 991 GT3 because because a Cayenne Diesel has a Porsche logo on it.

If the car is good, go for it. Why should it matter if there are other cars? Or are people so insecure that if a 128i Msport pulls up next to you, you'll want to sell the car immediately?
I think you missed his point entirely, and your Porsche analogy doesn't work here.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #82
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Rican View Post
I've just met too many BMW owners stating they own an "M" and really just getting the M sport trim on the new 3 or 4s. They aren't M cars. Most of them do not even get what the M cars are really about and may cloud the integrity of the true "M" designation. I think its a great marketing tool for BMW to use the M sport prestige to entice buyers at a lower price point, but it clouds the true meaning of the letter M.
      11-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #83
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
I saw a craigslist lease take over ad once in la. It was a 328i msport loaded and msrp was $65k.

That's ridiculous!!!! That potential buyer needs to test drive a real E92 M for similar money.
      11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #84
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think you missed his point entirely, and your Porsche analogy doesn't work here.
To me the Porsche analogy makes sense. To Porsche purists, every model apart from the 911 is a herecy. At least the Cayenne and especially a Cayenne Diesel!!! How can such a bloated SUV wear Porsche badges???

Porsche is (was) a sports car company, now they have sold out and put their badge on everything they can make money on (according to the purists).

Same with the M. It used to be reserved for the M models like the M3 and M5, now it's all over every BMW... Or was it? The precursor to the M5 was the 1979 E12 M535i with just a M50B34 engine. So there was a M535i before the M5... In fact long before the M3 as well.

So, BMW is actually going back to it's roots with the M550d, M-performance parts and M-Sport versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_5_Series_(E12)
Quote:
Several low-production versions of the E12 were built. Beginning in 1974 the Motorsport 530 or 530i "upgrades" were available strictly on special order for the 525/528 fitted with either the 3-liter 180 PS DIN engine from the BMW 3.0S or the fuel-injected 200 PS DIN engine from the 3.0Si. Other modifications were a rear axle ratio of 3.45:1 (3.25:1 for the 530i), a 25% LSD, vented disc brakes, Bilstein shocks, Scheel or Recaro sports seats, a sports steering wheel, light alloy wheels on lower profile tyres plus optional (often omitted) front-rear air-dams/spoilers. Later, the similar Motorsport 533i and 535i packages were available for the 528i but featuring the 3.2L and 3.5L engines from the 633CSi and 635CSi. Finally the readily available "official" Motorsport version M535i, featuring a 3.5L engine with special styling such as Motorsport front and rear spoilers, Recaro-brand sport seats, a close-ratio transmission and limited-slip differential, larger brakes, and other styling cues such as Motorsport striping down the sides of the car and on the front air-dam plus the BMW M1 steering wheel was available between 1980 and 1981 with 1410 cars produced. In South Africa, the 530 MLE was produced as a light-weight homologation special for racing (218 made in total). These Motorsport E12's are often considered the first production models that the BMW Motorsport division ever produced.[
And also the E28 535is from 1987 to 1988 incorporated M5 styling cues: front air-dam, rear spoiler, and sport seats.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #85
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Oh shit i guess we have it all wrong.

May the m235i live in all its glory!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #86
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

What is up with all of you and this claim of an inferiority complex resulting from all these m cars and m badges?

I am thoroughly confused now.

I made a simple statement which is of my opinion. M stands for marketing and motorsports.

Stop jumping to conclusions. Nowhere did i state that it affects me at all.

Edumacation. Some folks need it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #87
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh shit i guess we have it all wrong.

May the m235i live in all its glory!!

Ok here we go... you previously said you would take an M3 or a 1M, suggesting the 1M is a "real" M car.

What happens when the M235i performs as good as the 1M coupe? Does the M235i deserve the name now or not? What if it's JUST as god, a slight bit better, or even a slight bit worse... does it deserve the M or not based on your past argument?

See it's not about what you say this conversation is about. It's about getting panties in a bunch over seeing the little M in places you're not used to seeing it.

May the M235i live in all its glory!! And it will.
      11-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #88
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Ok here we go... you previously said you would take an M3 or a 1M, suggesting the 1M is a "real" M car.

What happens when the M235i performs as good as the 1M coupe? Does the M235i deserve the name now or not? What if it's JUST as god, a slight bit better, or even a slight bit worse... does it deserve the M or not based on your past argument?

See it's not about what you say this conversation is about. It's about getting panties in a bunch over seeing the little M in places you're not used to seeing it.

May the M235i live in all its glory!! And it will.

A 335i performs more or less just as good as an E46 M3, but NO, it doesn't deserve to be called an ///M car.
Appreciate 0