GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-03-2022, 11:20 PM   #23
VerySlowF30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Could you elaborate more on why you think the M4 is light years ahead? Only asking out of curiosity because the M4 came out in 2014/2015 where the Supra was 2020?
Don't get me wrong, the supra is not a bad car at all. I will definitely pick up another one nearing the end of its production, just isn't the car for me at the time. I just feel like the m4 feels so much nicer to drive. Driving the supra got kinda boring after a while, and I wasn't even able to tune the car without Russia involved. Great car though, but at the end of the day an M is an M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buh_buh View Post
That's funny, I just went and test drove a Supra this weekend and thought the opposite compared to my '15 M3. The Supra was more nimble, handles the bumps better, and so easy to control the slides with TC off. Turn in and balance is expectedly better being a true 2 seater sports car, power and back end is smooth and controllable unlike my stage 1 which will bite me in the ass if I've got TC off and not fully paying attention. Power is definitely down compared to the m3 but "enough" for me.

Definitely a fun car, but not as fast a car.
I agree, I've already noticed the f82 is much more wild with the rear end. The supra built with a proper suspension setup would be an absolute beast to drive on the track. But the small space and hitting my head every time I got in and out got old after a while. My car also had that locked ecu, which defeated the main reason I got the car
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2022, 12:04 AM   #24
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_slew View Post
Not a good car for anyone 6'0" or taller. I had to duck my head getting in and out of the car. That got old real quick...
Couldn't agree more, 6'4 here and the test drive felt like I was in a pillbox manning a machine gun or something. Of all the cars I've driven in my life, the Supra had the absolute worst visibility while driving of anything I've ever seen. I cannot believe how poorly that car is designed looking for the inside/out visibility. Your eyeline is in the roof front and sides. It was the shortest test drive ever too, I don't think I even made it past eyesight of the dealership. It was that uncomfortable for me.

Such a marked change from my MKIV back in the day, that car was spacious inside with good views all around. If the new Supra ever comes out with a 6MT and targa roof though, I'll have to take a look again because the car itself was extremely nice for the price. I'd just have to only drive it with the roof off.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 12:54 AM   #25
VerySlowF30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Couldn't agree more, 6'4 here and the test drive felt like I was in a pillbox manning a machine gun or something. Of all the cars I've driven in my life, the Supra had the absolute worst visibility while driving of anything I've ever seen. I cannot believe how poorly that car is designed looking for the inside/out visibility. Your eyeline is in the roof front and sides. It was the shortest test drive ever too, I don't think I even made it past eyesight of the dealership. It was that uncomfortable for me.

Such a marked change from my MKIV back in the day, that car was spacious inside with good views all around. If the new Supra ever comes out with a 6MT and targa roof though, I'll have to take a look again because the car itself was extremely nice for the price. I'd just have to only drive it with the roof off.
The visibility, my god was it horrendous. I had the streethunter wing, which basically made the rear view mirror useless. Pair that with the crazy blind spots and my blind spot monitors not working, the m4 is a massive upgrade in the visibility department.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17479.50
      02-04-2022, 08:55 AM   #26
JPM-3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 2022 Supra, 2023 RS 3

I'll say that I'd never own MKV supra as an only car. Aside from being a good driving sports car, it really isn't a great overall package for anyone else thinking about trading for it.
      02-04-2022, 10:39 PM   #27
MJET
Rep
Drives: 06 Cayman S, 15 F-TypeR, 18 M4

I would actually take the Z4 over the Supra. It’s really not a good looking car IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:25 PM   #28
anthemavm
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySlowF30 View Post
Hey everyone, just picked up my new to me 2018 M4 comp yesterday after trading in my 2021 Supra. Loved the supra, its just that small ass space and the offer I ended up getting was quite enticing to make the switch. Overall, I really loved the supra. Ended up going all out with wheels, exhaust, roll cage, fat carbon wing, almost everything besides a tune. Comparing the two, the m4 is light years ahead I would say. The way it handles and even the power is better than the supra in my opinion. Supra did definitely sound better though, but you can't win in everything. Really excited to finally be in an ///M and I hope to talk to some of you guys in the future!
Ni e, how many miles on the M4, and what type of a deal did you get?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:41 PM   #29
VerySlowF30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthemavm View Post
Ni e, how many miles on the M4, and what type of a deal did you get?
28k when I got it, cpo with initial factory warranty ending later this year. Basically a straight trade for the supra, which in my opinion was not bad as I got the supra for a great deal back when they were giving out steals.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 09:46 PM   #30
anthemavm
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySlowF30 View Post
28k when I got it, cpo with initial factory warranty ending later this year. Basically a straight trade for the supra, which in my opinion was not bad as I got the supra for a great deal back when they were giving out steals.
Congrats, I am looking at a 2019 vert with 7k miles and msrp of 97k.
Appreciate 0