Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-28-2019, 09:28 PM   #67
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Gray Metallic M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ultimate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyfaanM3 View Post
My wife and both daughters (17 and 20 yrs old) complain. So much so that I'm not "allowed" (their words) to start it (even w valves closed) in the garage. I have to put it in neutral and physically push it out of the garage.

I have the Akrapovic full exhaust with a valve controller installed.

In addition, when I offer to drive and take the M3, they all say, No, let's take Moms car (BMW X5). Lol
Are you serious?
I'm not that creative...yep

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 11:20 PM   #68
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List

"I feel like I slipped a disk just now" -Once a week

"This car sounds stupid" , #PutsTheWindowsUP

"I hope your next car isn't the color of a boys car"

"Why does it sound like that in the morning?"

"NO PARK BUTTON?!!"
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 4
justus455.50
yayaya103.50
      06-29-2019, 07:32 AM   #69
Desborough
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP View Post

"I feel like I slipped a disk just now" -Once a week

"This car sounds stupid" , #PutsTheWindowsUP

"I hope your next car isn't the color of a boys car"

"Why does it sound like that in the morning?"

"NO PARK BUTTON?!!"
This is hilarious, so good
FSHNGRY2333.50
      06-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #70
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

No such issues with my wife, I’m not sure I could even put up with some of the wife’s on here, I mean surely they knew you were a car guy from day 1? Cars are my main hobby and passion and my wife knew that from the very start, to this day she is happy to support me in my interest. As I am with her.

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 4
DBACE689.00
Laoschris489.00
dezzracer1182.50
      06-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #71
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I'm not a marriage counselor (although my minor was psychology), but after reading through some of these posts, I'm sensing that some of you may have underlying marriage issues that are being manifested by your wives and how they feel about your cars...

Appreciate 4
DBACE689.00
yayaya103.50
      06-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #72
Spike Spiegel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Imprezza, '19 Audi RS 3
Location: Currently dragging myself toward my masters degree.

Quote:
My wife and both daughters (17 and 20 yrs old) complain. So much so that I'm not "allowed" (their words) to start it (even w valves closed) in the garage. I have to put it in neutral and physically push it out of the garage.

In addition, when I offer to drive and take the M3, they all say, No, let's take Moms car (BMW X5). Lol
But...you're not actually doing that right? I mean I feel my back aching. I once tried to push my '08 Legacy across my flat driveway while it was i neutral while working on it. Even though I felt I was in a good pushing position, I felt my back twinge and immediately knew I would never do that again. That doesn't sound like the business Philly.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #73
///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRYU View Post
Quote:

But...you're not actually doing that right? I mean I feel my back aching. I once tried to push my '08 Legacy across my flat driveway while it was i neutral while working on it. Even though I felt I was in a good pushing position, I felt my back twinge and immediately knew I would never do that again. That doesn't sound like the business Philly.
Just pull in on race ramps but stop about 6" up the ramp. Then you can just put it in neutral and roll out backwards without having to push it.

T
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 12:17 AM   #74
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
No such issues with my wife, I’m not sure I could even put up with some of the wife’s on here, I mean surely they knew you were a car guy from day 1? Cars are my main hobby and passion and my wife knew that from the very start, to this day she is happy to support me in my interest. As I am with her.
Some of the comments are cringe worthy, I agree- but my (future) wife just isn't into cars- or the big deal behind the details with them. Although, I will say she respects it, and respects me and the money spent behind the interest- she (like everyone other woman) just doesn't understand the NEED behind this interest...Kind of like how we don't, and will never, understand the WANT/NEED behind 8 different black purses of different shapes, sizes and designers that would amount to a few different exhaust set up's over the years.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #75
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I'm not a marriage counselor (although my minor was psychology), but after reading through some of these posts, I'm sensing that some of you may have underlying marriage issues that are being manifested by your wives and how they feel about your cars...
If had passed on the opportunity to marry my otherwise awesome wife 20 years ago and if I had decided to look more for another beautiful and smart woman that also loved first person shooter games, drove shift stick cars on a track, played the guitar like Malmsteen, and coded in Python when she had nothing to do on a weekend, I would still be looking and I wouldn't have my two wonderful children, the older studying computer science in college and driving a six-speed manual.

Last edited by gunsmoker; 07-01-2019 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #76
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
If had passed on the opportunity to marry my otherwose (sic) awesome wife 20 years ago and if I had decided to look more for another beautiful and smart woman that also loved first person shooter games, drove shift stick cars on a track, playied (sic) the guitar like Malmsteen, and coded in Python when she had nothing to do on a weekeng (sic), I would still be looking and I wouldn't have my two wonderful children, the older studying computer science in college and driving a six-speed manual.
Ooh, sorry I hit a sore spot. Good for you. It was a general statement, meant mostly in jest. No personal offense intended. YMMV.

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #77
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ooh, sorry I hit a sore spot. Good for you. It was a general statement, meant mostly in jest. No personal offense intended. YMMV.
I should have had my glasses on when I typed that comment. No offense taken
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #78
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If had passed on the opportunity to marry my otherwose (sic) awesome wife 20 years ago and if I had decided to look more for another beautiful and smart woman that also loved first person shooter games, drove shift stick cars on a track, playied (sic) the guitar like Malmsteen, and coded in Python when she had nothing to do on a weekeng (sic), I would still be looking and I wouldn't have my two wonderful children, the older studying computer science in college and driving a six-speed manual.
Quote:
Quote:
No offense taken
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:26 PM   #79
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastide View Post
“Is it in comfort mode??!”
HAHAHAHHAHAHA! I get this all the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:36 AM   #80
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Man! The only thing louder an MPE with valves open is the sound of a whip cracking behind most of the doormat husbands in this thread!

I think a lot of you guys need to ask yourself "Do I need to upgrade my wife?" before you start to think "should I upgrade to a P car?"

Jokes a side for the poster that has to push his car out of the garage every morning because his kids and wife won't allow him to disturb their day. You my friend deserve all an award for hanging in there.
Appreciate 5
      07-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #81
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If wifey goes on a bit then I put my foot down and by magic ''ok ok you win'' the conversation goes better
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #82
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

I actually had my valves stuck on open, after pulling the plugs on the electronic module...on my mPE.

I just plugged it back in.

Seemed like a great idea at the time, but.. I had wall fixtures fall of the wall in my laundry room / garage entrance.

It was also defending in the garage...

Plugged back in!
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      07-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #83
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maul3d View Post
I actually had my valves stuck on open, after pulling the plugs on the electronic module...on my mPE.

I just plugged it back in.

Seemed like a great idea at the time, but.. I had wall fixtures fall of the wall in my laundry room / garage entrance.

It was also defending in the garage...

Plugged back in!
I'm in the same boat, just haven't plugged it back in lol. It's loud as hell in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #84
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
I'm in the same boat, just haven't plugged it back in lol. It's loud as hell in the garage.
Man, it sounds like a old 80s muscle car at thr drag strip. Isnt it insane??

I was actually embarrassed!! The kids across the street ran into their house in tears. Then my wife chased me with a broom, and almost hit me with it.. yelling I better plug that thing in.
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      07-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #85
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maul3d View Post
Quote:
Man, it sounds like a old 80s muscle car at thr drag strip. Isnt it insane??

I was actually embarrassed!! The kids across the street ran into their house in tears. Then my wife chased me with a broom, and almost hit me with it.. yelling I better plug that thing in.
yea it does. My wife complains about it all the time. I revved it a bit one time after the initial start up and it was so loud she got scared and threw her phone at me haha. I give the car maybe 5% throttle on the freeway and she's like "slow down". I'm like damn woman what if I was to really punch it? She smirks and says "you must drive crazy when I'm not in here" lol. I scared this chihuahua one day as I was leaving a Walmart parking lot, the dog was all over the place, jumping and crying for his owner to pick him up. It was funny to say the least.
Appreciate 4
SYT_Shadow11478.00
yayaya103.50
GERMAN M34181.00
The_Werm212.00
      07-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #86
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
yea it does. My wife complains about it all the time. I revved it a bit one time after the initial start up and it was so loud she got scared and threw her phone at me haha. I give the car maybe 5% throttle on the freeway and she's like "slow down". I'm like damn woman what if I was to really punch it? She smirks and says "you must drive crazy when I'm not in here" lol. I scared this chihuahua one day after leaving the Walmart parking lot, the dog was all over the place, jumping and crying for his owner to pick him up. It was funny to say the least.
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      07-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #87
tropicalypso
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Occasionally

Quote:
yea it does. My wife complains about it all the time. I revved it a bit one time after the initial start up and it was so loud she got scared and threw her phone at me haha. I give the car maybe 5% throttle on the freeway and she's like "slow down". I'm like damn woman what if I was to really punch it? She smirks and says "you must drive crazy when I'm not in here" lol. I scared this chihuahua one day as I was leaving a Walmart parking lot, the dog was all over the place, jumping and crying for his owner to pick him up. It was funny to say the least.
Lol, reminds me of the look on my Boston Terrier's face when I went WOT with him riding shotgun. His eyes were as big as saucers.
      07-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #88
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep

I have a working line, Czech germam shepherd.

He wants to attack the exhaust tips.. dog goes full retard with fireworks too, and would grab them while their lit and shooting. . Have to leave him in the house

Germans... pff..
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00