European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #1
AleksDeRussian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4

I am considering ordering the MP HAS for my 2015 BMW M4. I've heard good things about it but many of the reviews are for EDC cars which I don't have. Would this be a decent handling upgrade or should I just go for KW v3 coil overs(Extra $1200)? I just want something with some drop and some improvement to handling and car feel.

I would love something that would bring it up to ZCP level or a little better for the street and sprinted driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 03:26 AM   #2
Whyte_Diamonds
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksDeRussian View Post
I am considering ordering the MP HAS for my 2015 BMW M4. I've heard good things about it but many of the reviews are for EDC cars which I don't have. Would this be a decent handling upgrade or should I just go for KW v3 coil overs(Extra $1200)? I just want something with some drop and some improvement to handling and car feel.
Can't speak for non EDC cars but I'm a fan. I went from my stock ZCP suspension to this and I have zero complaints. Ride is pretty much identical with the ability to adjust ride height.
M Performance / Active Autowerke / RKP Carbon Fiber / Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber / PSM Dynamics Carbon Fiber / DINAN Stage 3 / Evolution of Speed / Evolution Racewerks / Wagner Tuning / Supreme Power / IND Distribution
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
AleksDeRussian
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Diamonds View Post
Quote:
Can't speak for non EDC cars but I'm a fan. I went from my stock ZCP suspension to this and I have zero complaints. Ride is pretty much identical with the ability to adjust ride height.
Is there any improvement to handling? Like corners, dips, or any feeling of the car? I know the springs are a little stiffer then zcp.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Is there any improvement to handling? Like corners, dips, or any feeling of the car? I know the springs are a little stiffer then zcp.
I had it them installed on my 2015 (I am EDC though). Big improvement. The car is so much more planted now. Excess rebound is gone.

The best description for the EDC cars was the MP HAS makes everything one notch stiffer. So whatever stiffness the passive feels like (I've heard like EDC sport), expect it to be a bit stiffer. Fortunately everything else improves so it's not like coilover rattling stiff.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #5
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:

I would love something that would bring it up to ZCP level or a little better for the street and sprinted driving.
I've been running the MP HAS on my 2015 non-ZCP for a few years now and have been pretty happy with it. I have it set at max drop and do like it MUCH better than OEM in terms of killing the awful wheel gap and handling. I should also say that I think it can feel fairly stiff when going over moderate/large bumps...feels very "reboundy" to me--takes the bumps just fine, but rebounds sharply, especially in the rear. But ride feel is definitely a subjective thing.

I've run Swift springs, coilovers and the MP HAS and I'd have to say that for a daily driver, to me the MP HAS has been the best balance of performance and comfort. I actually like them enough that I already have a kit waiting here at home for my new M4 to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 10:51 PM   #6
AleksDeRussian
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
Quote:

I've been running the MP HAS on my 2015 non-ZCP for a few years now and have been pretty happy with it. I have it set at max drop and do like it MUCH better than OEM in terms of killing the awful wheel gap and handling. I should also say that I think it can feel fairly stiff when going over moderate/large bumps...feels very "reboundy" to me--takes the bumps just fine, but rebounds sharply, especially in the rear. But ride feel is definitely a subjective thing.

I've run Swift springs, coilovers and the MP HAS and I'd have to say that for a daily driver, to me the MP HAS has been the best balance of performance and comfort. I actually like them enough that I already have a kit waiting here at home for my new M4 to arrive.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think I'm gonna go ahead and order it and use the extra money I would have spend on coilovers and get some wheels😁.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 10:53 PM   #7
AleksDeRussian
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Quote:
I had it them installed on my 2015 (I am EDC though). Big improvement. The car is so much more planted now. Excess rebound is gone.

The best description for the EDC cars was the MP HAS makes everything one notch stiffer. So whatever stiffness the passive feels like (I've heard like EDC sport), expect it to be a bit stiffer. Fortunately everything else improves so it's not like coilover rattling stiff.
I was hoping to stiffen up the car a bit. Rod here are decent and I live close to the dragon and go a few times a month. Hope this suspension improves the car while remaining a great daily. Thank you for you're feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
Whyte_Diamonds
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Diamonds View Post
Quote:

ZCP handling is already on point. I'd say this brings it up a little bit more with the ability to adjust ride height. I was seriously concerned with rubbing and ride comfort when going this route. (I'm a snob about this) I can say even with 10mm spacers font and rear. I've never rubbed once since I've owned the car (2.5yrs.) Easily one of the best mods I've done to it. Highly recommended.
M Performance / Active Autowerke / RKP Carbon Fiber / Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber / PSM Dynamics Carbon Fiber / DINAN Stage 3 / Evolution of Speed / Evolution Racewerks / Wagner Tuning / Supreme Power / IND Distribution
Appreciate 0