Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #67
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
Can we bring this back to the OP's original question? Anyone with an experienced opinion weigh in. I've been in touch with Kaiv. Making some progress.
There’s not much out there yet because it’s new to the f8x. It took even longer for the e9x before the first DCT to MT swap was done. It’s still not widely done either on the e9x.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #68
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerBuilt View Post
Holy brain rot no way we have someone saying a DCT doesn't belong on a S55. The $1500 coil overs with $8000 wheels tells me all I need to know. Enjoy the park and chills.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. I intentionally left out the Status Gruppe $1450-$2100 coilovers (with a F/R 400/560 lbf/in spring rate option!!! ) in my responses. Also, even with adding camber plates and the Swift spring upgrade, you don’t reach the $2100 price ($1825 max). I can’t imagine what the ride quality must be like…not great but I bet you can slam the car to the ground.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:44 AM   #69
undermine
UnderminE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbonly21 View Post
Nice, sounds like a great project so far. Any pictures?
I would have more to share, instead sitting at my computer catching up on here. I guess I will share a little bit, I bought my Azurite Black M4 in 2015, stalked in as it was being shipped wishing I took delivery in Europe instead, the mistakes I made when I could have made them.

I tracked in pretty often, no accidents ...... until, it floated away literally in Hurricane IDA, insurance sucks, they never want to give you what of course you think it's worth.

Literally a month or so prior I put ohlins on and ditched my EDC, I coded out the button and left it, I have been getting lazier, it seems only money motivates me now but everthing I do has to yield quality.

It's how many years later, through covid, parts shortages and I am still building this car, thankfully the body has always been mint, I did respray it though from when I didn't put PPF on everything I own, rock chips drive me crazy.

I botched up ordering replacement parts, after a large chunk went to the full leather dashboard and the mistakenly ordered competition seats I asked my self why didn't I just make this into a racecar. Too late right, much cheaper to buy after market, oh not to mention I accidentally ordered Amaro Brown instead of Golden Brown/Braun, nice either way.

I went a little nuts buying up blocks, I powdercoated mine and another, I plan to sell the other builds when mine is fully tuned with dyno numbers on paper. The DCT I am pulling has Deka Stage 3, for all the DCT people here I do love the DCT, however I had an issue with crank case pressure and I think my rear main is toast, so there are only 8 bolts left of the 12 holding in onto the block, drive shaft is already off or really out of the way.

Having a lean at idle conditions makes clutch adaptation on a DCT near impossible and I am in the process of tuning as is so I looked at this like an opportunity to swap to a manual, if I didn't have to replace the rear main I would keep the DCT.

However my issue will be when this car is done, will I want to let it go for another build.

It's nothing too crazy as these cars come with a good amount of power especially if you just flash or use a JB4. Either way, I went nuts with powdercoating, block, head, oil filter housing, many other parts on the car.

Everything was upgraded, Carillo rods, CP pistons, stock CR, Shrick Cams, Supertech valvetrain, Pure Stage2+, Nostrum DI Stage 3, proper clearances are not stock, oh and the block is sleeved, no more LDS.

My PCV setup was part of my issue, so the gold VC is not being used, may be later, OEM VC is fine for me, everything is still in flux. I guess I should share some photos instead of just talk, I have quite a bit, I will upload more when I have some time.

I still have to remove my EGS, run the hydraulic lines, install my pedals, I use to think of this like it's a lot of work but now it's really not. I cannot stand working on a dirty car, when it's clean it's easy. Shop space would be ideal.
Attached Images

Last edited by undermine; Today at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 2
      Today, 01:28 AM   #70
undermine
UnderminE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Long road a lot of work, hope to be done in the next month for some track time.
Appreciate 1
Jbonly211086.00