Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Cool 22 Bimmerpost US Members Confirmed For First Welt F80/F82 Group ED Event - June 23!!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

UPDATED JUNE 17TH 2014
CHECK OUT OUR UPDATED NEW THREAD WITH OFFICIAL TRIP ITINERARY AND INVITATIONS TO FORUM MEMBERS! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...7&page=1&pp=40

April 14 2014: I am pleased to formally announce that twenty BIMMERPOST Members have been officially confirmed for BMW European Delivery and will be the first major organized group to accept US Welt Deliveries for the most anticipated BMW vehicle in recent history, the new 2015 F80/F82. This title thread will continue to be updated as more details emerge so check back for changes. As for now On Sat June 21st the fun begins....

PLEASE JOIN ME IN CONGRATULATING AND THANKING ALL THE SPONSORS, DEALERSHIPS, AND FORUM MEMBERS

SPONSORS:
BIMMERPOST.com and Trackgraphic.com

BIMMERPOST FORUM MEMBERS ATTENDING:
  1. Suave - Lead Organizer - M3
  2. Karussell - Co-Organizer and German Tour Lead - M4
  3. SoccerDad - M3 - Co-Organizer
  4. ElPhilly - M4
  5. AKBM3 - M4
  6. 1slowE82cp - M3
  7. Bimmer4John - M4
  8. RunThis - M4
  9. Ando - M3
  10. Reid - M4
  11. Powaup - M4
  12. Michaelw9 - M4
  13. Ramuman - M4
  14. Oakleyguy - M4
  15. Maddict3 - M4
  16. Ake - M3
  17. SF848 - M3
  18. Andycia - M3
  19. DerekSaurusRex - M4
  20. A418T81 - M3
HUGE THANKS TO THE MANY BMW DEALERSHIPS, CLIENT ADVISORS and BMW ED Special Sales Department who went above and beyond expectations to make sure our orders and dates were aligned successfully. We are sincerely and eternally grateful for your tremendous dedication to ensuring a top class experience and your help in working directly with BMWNA ED Department to help us meet our needs. You have our highest recommendation!

>>>>Special thanks to Lead Dealer from the start whom this would not have been possible without their dedication and expertise from start to finish:
***BMW of Turnersville, NJ - Adam Feinstein / Paul Naegele***
  • BMW of Atlantic City, NJ
    -------> Pete Ballias
  • Momentum BMW
    -------> Max White
  • Braman BMW, Miami
    ------> Steve Johnson
  • Jake Sweeney BMW, OH
    -------> Jessica Mountcastle
  • Baron BMW, KS
    -------> Al Hansen
  • BMW of Honolulu
    -------> Terrence Ching
  • BMW of South Atlanta, GA
    -------> Adrian Avila
  • CO's BMW, CO
    ------> Brian Bowden
  • Crown BMW of Greensboro, NC
    ------> Randall Ross
Monday June 23rd: The Dream Begins
After many months of efforts as a BMW enthusiast led effort by myself and fellow forum member Karussell working closely with dealers, forum members and many others along the way, it has finally all come together into an epic experience. Our weeklong delivery and experiences will be featured with regular forum updates by Jason and attended by BIMMERPOST Moderators Southlight and Dackelone. We are also pleased to have Dackelone join us during the week to enjoy and report on our activities. Our group will enjoy a day of festivities at the Welt which also coincides with the fifteen Canadian Group ED members arriving later in the day beginning their Journey for what promises to be a memorable day. Our members will be receiving many BMW Goodies from our sponsors and BIMMERPOST to help commemorate the experience.

TRIP ITINERARY:
OFF TO THE RACES!
Our trip will begin with an exciting prelude as we join our very own group member Karussell who will be racing with his BMW racing team in the stock class of the 24 hours of Nurburgring on Sat June 21-22nd!! Our US contingent will be joining him in the frontlines from the Driver pit areas and BMW Corral to catch all the action and enjoy the festivities of what has come to be known as the "Superbowl of Car Racing." In addition the BMW M Festival will also be taking place from same location starting June 20th which promises to be an all around great experience.

Sunday Night we will head back to Munich Area for an evening dinner at the Welt Restaurant overlooking the delivery area where hopefully some of our cars will be setup for the morning.

Monday June 23rd the day finally arrives to do the Bavarian Happy Dance!
I doubt any member will get a restful night's sleep as anxiety builds toward the moment we have waited so long for to finally get behind the wheel of what many of us consider our dream car! What an an exciting day it will be indeed at the Welt picking up our cars and experiencing all the special tours and events available to us as part of the ED Experience.

A WEEK FULL OF EXCITING DRIVING ADVENTURES

Our trip will continue during the rest of the week with Backroad Group Cruises through the Black Forest, Swiss Alps and into Northern Italy (Stelvio Pass). Other famous routes and scenic roads will be included as well as we look to pile up the break-in miles in preparation for the track visits being planned where we will receive M Driver Education instruction from trained instructors. We will also have available rental track cars to try the lessons since our cars will still be under break in and not advisable or safe to run them hard. If you will be available during same week and want to join some of these events please do inbox me with your interest! Our tour will also include Meets and Events with local German BMW Car Club chapters, Performance Driving Instruction with planned track visits to storied venues, and of course nightly dinner parties at popular eateries and beer gardens.

TWO M DRIVER EDUCATION EVENTS PLANNED

DISCLAIMER: Note that this event was planned by forum members with no direct official involvement with BMWNA Corp. Organizers are not employees or have any official connection with BMWNA. We are enthusiasts with a passion for BMW M brand. All activities, ordering process, and plans followed the normal ED Ordering process available to anyone with no special consideration or expectations. BMWNA received our Proposal and began formally working with us and dealers only AFTER orders were submitted and ED orders confirmed on a first come first served basis.

Last edited by Suave; 06-17-2014 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Updated with new information
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

ED Delivery Announcement Notice for F8X

Ordering has opened on 4/2/14 and our group ED members are busy finalizing their orders and getting production numbers. We are on our way to announce official date soon.

Last edited by Suave; 04-03-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
ramuman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

I'm in at least for the Welt part of it on day 1. However, I did the trip up to the Nordschleife last time for my E92 M and would prefer to do southern Germany this time.

Last edited by ramuman; 12-17-2013 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman
I'm in at least for the Welt part of it on day 1. However, I did the trip up to the Nordschleife last time for my E92 M and would prefer to do southern Germany this time.
Sounds good. The idea will be to just layout an itinerary for each day and folks would be able to pick and choose what they want to do. The bookend events will be dinner, meet and greet the night before, morning Welt pickup, and Nurburgring event on last day. Everything in between will be optional. Definitely hooking up with a local German chapter for a meet and cruise will be in order. They know the best roads and great guides!
      12-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am interested I have a deposit down for the third M3 allocation at my Midwest dealer and will be doing ED.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
brianhn1
Slow Mo
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would be very interested in this. I have a deposit down for an M4 (top spot at my dealer) but have not specified ED yet. This will be my 1st time doing ED with BMW so I will be following this thread very closely.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Sean Stealth
Registered
Rep
Drives: Working On 2014 M4

I'm Down..

Spoke to Dave earlier today and should be making my deposit soon to do a ED pick up. Would love to stay in the loop!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Oakleyguy
Resident Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Land Cruiser

Garage List
2014 Toyota URJ200  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
2005 Toyota UZJ100  [0.00]
I would be interested in a 3rd or 4th quarter ED
European Delivery Journal & F8X Door Rattle Fix
Machine Shop Directory - www.mfgcenter.com
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I'm still hunting for an allocation for european delivery. I have 2 teams lined up that will be able to prepare the car and I intend to campaign it in the Nurburgring 24 hour race. my goal is to pick up the car mid-may to mid-june, having it prepped and then show time June 21st. I have raced in the VLN in BMW's and driven in the N24 in 2011 in an E36 M3. There is a lot of what-if's at this point but i'm all for a group delivery. sounds fun. maybe we can all go together to christen the car on the ring before it gets converted for race duty.
      12-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
Day 5: Final meet and Greet at Nordschleife with a friendly timed lap competition using our BMW Lap timer App (now Standard on F8X)
Your assuming that everyone has an iPhone or is willing to share their iPhone to pull that off. The laptimer app needs an iPhone to log and display the telemetry data.
      12-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
I'm still hunting for an allocation for european delivery. I have 2 teams lined up that will be able to prepare the car and I intend to campaign it in the Nurburgring 24 hour race. my goal is to pick up the car mid-may to mid-june, having it prepped and then show time June 21st. I have raced in the VLN in BMW's and driven in the N24 in 2011 in an E36 M3. There is a lot of what-if's at this point but i'm all for a group delivery. sounds fun. maybe we can all go together to christen the car on the ring before it gets converted for race duty.
Sounds like we have our ring leader for the group!!
Would be great to have you along. I may be able to help with getting you a timely European Allocation to join us. Inbox me with your contact info and the exact build you are looking for. I will introduce you via email to my contact and see if you can work something out.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Your assuming that everyone has an iPhone or is willing to share their iPhone to pull that off. The laptimer app needs an iPhone to log and display the telemetry data.
good point. Im sure we will come up with something.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I am going to do ED for sure but the dates will depend on if the cars are coming from dealer allocations or which dealer I end up getting the car from.

I am not the deposit or full MSRP kind of a guy. I would rather wait 6 months post release and get a car X over ED invoice.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #14
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB 6sp ED 10/7/17

Thanks for organizing. I am a definite maybe (how's that for commitment?) due to a somewhat inflexible timeframe for ED. But if it works out, sounds like a lot of fun to do as a group!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Would be great to have you along. I may be able to help with getting you a timely European Allocation to join us. Inbox me with your contact info and the exact build you are looking for. I will introduce you via email to my contact and see if you can work something out.
PM sent. thanks.

I have just over 500 laps on the ring now. 1/3rd of them being in competition. would be glad to help with coordinating on the trip there for your group regardless of my timeline.

my idea, i have a friend that owns a castle in the area. (i'm not joking, a real castle). its converted into a very nice B&B. I used it for my last 24 Hour race there. i suggest renting that out. would make for an epic place to stage all the events around the ring.

depending on schedule and how early we can plan i can see about arranging a private rental of the track or joining with one of several private clubs to have an M3/4 only session on the track including group photos parked on the infamous karussell.

we can also double book SPA francorchamps so we can go to 2 courses back to back.

if you want i can arrange private tutoring in Netherlands at a historic F1 course. drift school also a possibility.

non track related we swing down and drive stelvio pass. romantic road.

i think a mix of those activities would work well. many options out there. i have a ton more.

Last edited by karussell; 12-19-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
PM sent. thanks.

I have just over 500 laps on the ring now. 1/3rd of them being in competition. would be glad to help with coordinating on the trip there for your group regardless of my timeline.

my idea, i have a friend that owns a castle in the area. (i'm not joking, a real castle). its converted into a very nice B&B. I used it for my last 24 Hour race there. i suggest renting that out. would make for an epic place to stage all the events around the ring.

depending on schedule and how early we can plan i can see about arranging a private rental of the track or joining with one of several private clubs to have an M3/4 only session on the track including group photos parked on the infamous karussell.

we can also double book SPA francorchamps so we can go to 2 courses back to back.

if you want i can arrange private tutoring in Netherlands at a historic F1 course. drift school also a possibility.

i thin a mix of those activities would work well. many options out there. i have a ton more.
Everything you just said sounds beyond epic.

I'm a maybe for now but I'm going to try and do my best to be there with the first batch since I think it will be a more than amazing experience. I will be more definitive come January/February Once orders are being processed and the dates a clearer.
      12-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
SF848
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Im going for ED as well. If the dates and order work out I would be in.
Retired

335iS Alpine White (ED 10.1.10) / 128i Montego Blue / Ducati 848 Dark SBK / Ducati Monster 696
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell
Quote:
PM sent. thanks.

i think a mix of those activities would work well. many options out there. i have a ton more.
+1 that does sound incredible and would draw huge interest in the experience to make sure we are aligned with dates to make this work!! I will certainly work closely with you to plan and get buzz built up around this. I will call you soon to brainstorm with you.
      12-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Yep we are all in the same boat and I promise to work as best as possible with everyone committed to find a common week. Worst case if we can get pickup dates on the same week and meet up at the ring for the grand finale it would be so worth it. Thanks for interest!
      12-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #20
nmehta211
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Do we have a guess on what week it will be? May possibly or this going to be June?

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211
Do we have a guess on what week it will be? May possibly or this going to be June?
Looking like early May at this point. We will finalize timeline in Jan after ordering info is revealed
      12-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #22
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
Not May. ED will not have started.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0