EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #4313
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Speaking of history, is that why you bought your first Tesla? Because of Green Movement politics and having previously owned a Prius?
No. I'll buy an EV once the cost-per-mile gets near or below ICE, and the full recharge rate is not measured in hours. Oh, and the car is not designed to appease a bunch of tech/enviro geeks.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-28-2020 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #4314
Littlebear
Major Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
No. I'll buy an EV once the cost-per-mile gets near or below ICE, and the full recharge rate is not measured in hours. Oh, and the car is not designed to appease a bunch of tech/enviro geeks.
Yeh, I need a little better range, and a lot shorter recharge time.
But a lot of the car tests are preferring the Tesla over the BMW 3 and other competitors for driving dynamics. If so, I could dig that, & I could be a tech/enviro geek (clean boy) as a bonus!

Murf
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 01:57 PM   #4315
Littlebear
Major Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've been in a Model 3 on three occasions for 45 minutes each. The back seat is horrendous and the car is quite loud inside. Tire noise just bounces around on the glass surfaces, especially the roof. At cruise it is louder than my E90. You can feel the weight of the battery. It drives nice because the (engine) noiseless push of the EV drivetrain is addictive at first. At speed, the suspension is wallowy.

But hey, the seat fart noise thing is neat

For a 7 year old. The owner tried to demonstrate the fetch mode. Lol. His car got confused and just gave up. We could have walked over to it in have the time it took to get confused and stop. IMO, It's an unattractive person lacking in redeeming qualities.
I appreciate your take!

Last edited by Littlebear; Yesterday at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0