EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 83 32.30%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.24%
Inclusive 18 7.00%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.79%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

01-26-2020, 06:40 PM   #6161
quick6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Okay, there is no other transcript of the call. It's not a rough transcript. You can read on the first page the explanatory note regarding level of content and detail that the live transcription of the call has. It has been explained on non-MSM media as to how international presidential phone calls are handled and memorialized for the official White House record. Also as explained in non-MSM media, there are multiple participants and witnesses to the call, several who are part of the Executive Branch National Security Council and have responsibility for transcribing the conversation of the phone call.

Anyone who can testify to the content of the call are going to refer to the transcript because it is the official record of the call and the purpose of the transcription process.

The White House release of the transcript of the July 25th call IS being transparent.
There is a real transcript but its classified as doubletop secret-I wonder why? Wouldn't ya just love to see the content-why was it declared top secret?

I think you know.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #6162
larrylarry
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Wrong.

Assuming Joe Biden wasn't getting kickbacks from Ukraine through his boy is unreasonable.
Didn't Joe Biden release his tax returns?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 07:01 PM   #6163
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
There is no indication that Durham is investigating the Bidens. None. If you've got some new reporting about it, I'd love to see it.

No, if what Trump did was abuse of the power of the Presidency, the Bidens actually being corrupt does not magically make that OK.

You're right - Hunter got the AMTRAK gig for the same reason he got the Burisma gig. His prominent last name. No one has ever argued otherwise that I'm aware. Pretty sure Hunter even copped to it in an interview recently.
Maybe he can wave a piece of paper around like Rudy Giuliani?

01-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #6164
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry View Post
Didn't Joe Biden release his tax returns?
Offshore accounts are a wonderful thing, I have heard...
Appreciate 2
gjm1201327.50
N54Yankee2626.00

01-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #6165
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Trump wanted aid to Ukraine frozen until it helped on probes of political rivals: New York Times https://reut.rs/2vpamTy

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump told a then-top aide in August he wanted to freeze security aid to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden, the New York Times reported on Sunday.

Trump's statement was described in an unpublished manuscript by former White House national security adviser John Bolton
      01-26-2020, 08:59 PM   #6166
quick6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
There is no such thing (classification) as "double top secret". If there was additional language on the transcript considered not releasible to the public, it would be redacted. Stop talking about shit you know nothing about.
OK, cheese whiz, whatever you say. Pass the Ritx crackers.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #6167
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
OK, cheese whiz, whatever you say. Pass the Ritx crackers.
I assumed your "double-top secret" bit was sarcasm. Was I wrong?

They did report that server was codeword classified, though, didn't they?
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13730.00

01-27-2020, 07:18 AM   #6168
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Trump wanted aid to Ukraine frozen until it helped on probes of political rivals: New York Times https://reut.rs/2vpamTy

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump told a then-top aide in August he wanted to freeze security aid to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden, the New York Times reported on Sunday.

Trump's statement was described in an unpublished manuscript by former White House national security adviser John Bolton

If true, that's very bad news for Trump's defense team.

Let's see how the GOP's stance on witnesses might change now that this has come to light.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #6169
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Offshore accounts are a wonderful thing, I have heard...
If you’re a drug, weapons dealers or crooked politician.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #6170
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
If you’re a drug, weapons dealers or crooked politician.
What does it indicate when your accounts are onshore yet you fight like your life depends on it to keep them a secret?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #6171
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
I assumed your "double-top secret" bit was sarcasm. Was I wrong?

Goodness, let's all hope so.

Quote:
If true, that's very bad news for Trump's defense team.
This part leads me to have some reservations: "According to the New York Times" - that's even worse than 'un-named sources'.

If true - then he should be impeached. But I have my doubts on validity at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What does it indicate when your accounts are onshore yet you fight like your life depends on it to keep them a secret?
That you believe in right to privacy and that it's nobody's business?

01-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #6172
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://apnews.com/c869bf2e629788a9e301af477e1d7344

WASHINGTON (AP) — The stakes over witness testimony at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are rising now that a draft of a book from former national security adviser John Bolton appears to undercut a key defense argument — that Trump never tied withholding of aid to Ukraine to a demand the country investigate rival Joe Biden..
      01-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #6173
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The stakes over witness testimony at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are rising now that a draft of a book from former national security adviser John Bolton appears to undercut a key defense argument — that Trump never tied withholding of aid to Ukraine to a demand the country investigate rival Joe Biden..
o wow someone trump fired trying to sell a book says some outrageous thing to drum up sales.

never seen that before

where has he been the last 6 months?

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13730.00
DieselOG1372.50
N54Yankee2626.00

01-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #6174
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

Certainly damning if accurate - but I disagree that a witness testimony should be enough to impeach a president. That really isn't any more than 'he said, she said'. People lie. We can all 'assume' who is lying (either Trump or Bolton), but there needs to be corroborating evidence to confirm that was the reason to hold the aid back for my vote to be yes on impeachment.

I feel the same way in court hearings for anyone else as well. I absolutely disagree that someone should be able to be convicted on witness testimony alone. I don't care if a dozen people say they saw some one rob a bank - unless there is corroborating evidence to agree to the testimony, I don't think they should be able to convict anyone.
      01-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #6175
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
He is now a public servant and he has said on countless occasions that he would release them. So much for being the most transparent president in history. It's just more bullshit that you guys keep defending. If this was a democrat I'm sure you would be enraged.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #6176
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Certainly damning if accurate - but I disagree that a witness testimony should be enough to impeach a president. That really isn't any more than 'he said, she said'. People lie. We can all 'assume' who is lying (either Trump or Bolton), but there needs to be corroborating evidence to confirm that was the reason to hold the aid back for my vote to be yes on impeachment.

I feel the same way in court hearings for anyone else as well. I absolutely disagree that someone should be able to be convicted on witness testimony alone. I don't care if a dozen people say they saw some one rob a bank - unless there is corroborating evidence to agree to the testimony, I don't think they should be able to convict anyone.
Besides witnesses, we ( and the Senate) should demand the release all the documents the house asked for. And then decide.

The other disturbing thing I saw over the weekend is all the super PACs putting pressure on moderate Democrats and Republicans, saying they're gonna put money into the races for their rivals if they don't vote to suppress witnesses .
The super pac money is out of control.
Why is some super PAC based in Washington DC threatening to affect the Senate race in the state of Maine?
      01-27-2020, 08:37 AM   #6177
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:

Welp, that's a conveniently unattainable bar to reach in a huge percentage of crimes. I'm confident the evidence is there, but this defendant is in a unique position of being able to dictate exactly what evidence he wants to provide. It's a sham trial, but not for the reasons you guys are espousing. I'd LOVE to have a trial in which I decide what evidence can be submitted and who can testify AND have the jury stacked with mostly members of my own friends.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #6178
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Goodness, let's all hope so.

This part leads me to have some reservations: "According to the New York Times" - that's even worse than 'un-named sources'.

If true - then he should be impeached. But I have my doubts on validity at this time.

Meh, whether we like them or not, the NYT has been right FAR more than they've been wrong when it comes to actual reporting (not OP-EDs).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #6179
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
o wow someone trump fired trying to sell a book says some outrageous thing to drum up sales.

never seen that before

Bolton has been saying he's willing to testify for months, no?

This appears to be reporting based on the unpublished manuscript that was submitted for review to identify classified (or potentially so) information. It didn't come from Bolton directly, so it would seem his behavior is unchanged.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #6180
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post

never seen that before

Did you forget that they gagged his twitter for several months. It's also funny that he's one of dozens of people who have left the administration with similar stories. I've said it a hundred times, high turnover in any organization is a sign of a poorly run organization.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #6181
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Bolton has been saying he's willing to testify for months, no?

This appears to be reporting based on the unpublished manuscript that was submitted for review to identify classified (or potentially so) information. It didn't come from Bolton directly, so it would seem his behavior is unchanged.

People always seem to forget that these books have to pass through many levels of government approval.

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #6182
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

I wouldn't want John Bolton testifying in my support or in my damnation. He looks like a f'ing nut because he is a f'ing nut.