European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-23-2021, 05:41 AM   #1
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 bmw m4

steering wheel viberation

hey guys , i have bmw m4 2016 non comp dct , my issue was when i drive the car if let the steering wheel for few seconds the wheel shake bad , also while i'm driving i feel the vibrate in my hand more like a buzzing , also the car keep drifting to left

1- i went to 3 different shops they checked my suspension components and they said the car is fine , one of them notice what i'm talking about and he said live with it
2- replaced rotors and pads
3- did alignment twice
4- replaced my tires and did road force balance like 4 times
5- got new wheels ( apex) , still the same issue and its weird left front wheel make like ticking noise when i'm driving even tho i have right off set and it doesn't do it with
6- updated the eps by alex , it got better a little bit but the car is still drift

any suggestions or solution for my situation , it been like 6 month and i cant figure out whats wrong with my car

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
Billy_BMW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

It may be steering software related. Try getting the GTS coding done. Usually Alex Alpine or Kubax86 can code this for you. Or you can DIY

Assuming everything is mechanically sound, then a coding/software update may fix the issue.

Similar thread:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22112276
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #3
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_BMW View Post
It may be steering software related. Try getting the GTS coding done. Usually Alex Alpine or Kubax86 can code this for you. Or you can DIY

Assuming everything is mechanically sound, then a coding/software update may fix the issue.

Similar thread:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22112276
i already updated the software by alex , i will see what he can do
but how about the vibration , cause i don't think that software related
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
You should find a good mechanic.

Do you have vibration under acceleration or breaking? Is it only in a certain speed or RPM range? Do you have spacers? Did you try new tires with new rims?

If you have already check all suspension and rim/tire related issues, you might wanna check your bearings. If you bearings have play, it will cause vibrations under all conditions after a certain speed.
Appreciate 1
omega2733136.50
      07-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #5
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanm4 View Post
You should find a good mechanic.

Do you have vibration under acceleration or breaking? Is it only in a certain speed or RPM range?

If you have already check all suspension and rim/tire related issues, you might wanna check your bearings. If you bearings have play, it will cause vibrations under all conditions after a certain speed.
i used to have a viberation under braking , but replaced rotors and pads and its fine now , my only problem now with steering wheel keep drifting to the left and i feel buzzing/viberation in my hand , also if i let the steering wheel for few seconds it shakes bad
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #6
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodospor View Post
i used to have a viberation under braking , but replaced rotors and pads and its fine now , my only problem now with steering wheel keep drifting to the left and i feel buzzing/viberation in my hand , also if i let the steering wheel for few seconds it shakes bad
That sounds like software. BMW fixed the issue with car pulling via software. You might wanna look into update your firmware.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
omega2733
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodospor View Post
Check your front hub bearings, it sounds like you have a bad front left bearing causing drag. It could be software related but this is a major safety issue, get it checked to rule out your bearing immediately.
Appreciate 0