R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #133
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
Why is there still a 0% chance on the RS4 coming back?
Because they don't even offer the A4 or S4 Avant in the US. If the RS4 were to make a return, it would be preceded by one or both of those higher volume models. Also, no A6, S6, or RS6 Avant either, even as Mercedes, and more recently now Volvo and Jaguar are selling wagons in this class. Audi does not have the sales to be messing around with low volume wagons, never mind high performance ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #134
Emcee
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Because they don't even offer the A4 or S4 Avant in the US. If the RS4 were to make a return, it would be preceded by one or both of those higher volume models. Also, no A6, S6, or RS6 Avant either, even as Mercedes, and more recently now Volvo and Jaguar are selling wagons in this class. Audi does not have the sales to be messing around with low volume wagons, never mind high performance ones.
Your logic holds true, but it's not like they are selling the RS5 in massive numbers, I've only ever seen 1 since it's release and I live in a large metro area with a lot of cars.

I'm sure they've done the study ask to justify their decision, it's just sad for the 4 door enthusiast
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #135
pabs
Registered
Rep
Drives: S3

I'm actually on the other side of this as the pricetag of ~$64k USD optioned on the new RS3 got me looking at gently used/CPO F80 M3s among other things at that price point. Coming from an 8V S3, I'm not entirely convinced that the 5 cylinder + some minor interior alcantara pieces is enough of an upgrade versus getting into an M3. We'll see when they finally release them from distribution hold and I can take a ride in my friend's car - who himself is coming from a 15 Golf R.

I also haven't made it out to actually test drive an F80 M3 yet, which will probably be an eye opening experience.

As far as the RS4 Avant:
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1...ons-for-the-us

Some people (most notably a blog post by QuattroWorld) are taking the statements in the article as a non-zero chance for the RS4 Avant. I'm not holding my breath for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #136
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

$60k for an RS3 is a ton of money. I would definitely prefer a stripper M4 to that.

As for the RS4, as an owner of the B7, I would welcome a return of that car. I feel like the RS5 coming to the US means that we won't see an RS4. Too bad.