EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-08-2021, 09:50 PM   #1
JrStig
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Bootmod3 Burbles In Depth

So i havent seen any actual thread on this

Heads Up if you're gonna say burbles tunes are tacky etc, pleace just ignore this thread

So Ive got the bootmod3 stage 2 multimap

I've notived for burble settings there are a few options

1. OEM
2. OTS
3. Original
4. Off ( Disable )
5. Custom

So I have a base model BMW M4 ( non Comp pack so mine does not have burbles from factory )

I reckon that 3 and 4 will be the same in this case ? not sure tho?

What would OEM and ots setting be ? Which one will be the official GTS burble setting ?

anyone know anything about this please let me know, Been trying to adjust the custom burble to get it like the comp pack or gts but mine just sounds like a shot gun and I hate it.

I dont want to run it with no burble because I feel like its empty otherwise, Looking to get it like the comp pack burbles or gts burbles since i removed both my cats

Let me know please ( if anyone can tag someone from bootmod3 that will be great too )
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Yes for you OEM and Off would be the same. If you want to run the GTS burble settings and you are running the GTS tune then set it to OTS or Original. I run the CS tune and even the OTS/Original burble settings were too much for me. I set mine to custom with aggression at .5 and duration 3 for a nice low burble.
      07-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarcellus View Post
So i havent seen any actual thread on this

Heads Up if you're gonna say burbles tunes are tacky etc, pleace just ignore this thread

So Ive got the bootmod3 stage 2 multimap

I've notived for burble settings there are a few options

1. OEM
2. OTS
3. Original
4. Off ( Disable )
5. Custom

So I have a base model BMW M4 ( non Comp pack so mine does not have burbles from factory )

I reckon that 3 and 4 will be the same in this case ? not sure tho?

What would OEM and ots setting be ? Which one will be the official GTS burble setting ?

anyone know anything about this please let me know, Been trying to adjust the custom burble to get it like the comp pack or gts but mine just sounds like a shot gun and I hate it.

I dont want to run it with no burble because I feel like its empty otherwise, Looking to get it like the comp pack burbles or gts burbles since i removed both my cats

Let me know please ( if anyone can tag someone from bootmod3 that will be great too )
My understanding...

OEM: Whatever burble settings the car is manufactured with - regardless of what map you load. Since you have a non CP, it will retain those settings.

OTS: This will be whatever are the latest settings decided by BM3 for their OTS tunes. These settings are not dependant on the map you are running; I believe these settings are pre-set and currently set as 1s, 1.5s, 5, 1200, 5600, 0kmph, 100kmph for Duration, Duration (Sport), Agression, Min RPM, Max RPM, Min Speed, Max Speed respectively. Whether you load the GTS map or the CS map, the burble settings chosen as OTS are the same.

Original: This sets to Burbles to what is embedded in the tune itself. If using a custom tune (or even an edited OTS tune) it will pick the burble settings from the actual tune map itself. If the map is from BM3, then this will most likely match the OTS setting anyway.

OFF and Custom: Self explanatory.

The closest you can try for CS burbles are the following settings
Name:  01618362749.png
Views: 12347
Size:  191.9 KB
Courtesy: shaddy on the forums.
      08-07-2021, 09:19 PM   #4
SilverBulletLV
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

When running the OTS burble settings on a multimap, are the burbles the same for each map? Just curious if anyone knows what the OTS burble setting is for the Stage 1 multimap.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:05 AM   #5
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

gspannu is pretty close in you explanation.

OEM is OEM
OTS is what PTF feels is the best sounding for their tunes
Original still not sure on that one
Off well it is off
Custom you make it what you want

Now I love the GTS OTS burble...too much for most but it sound like a GTS track car. I have been trying for a long time to duplicate that sound in the Stg 1 93 and have failed. Right now I m running the setting

Note: when you open the burble settings in config the setting that are there "are not" the setting in that tune. It defaults to a base setting across the board and you adjust from there. Try it..... if you open the tune and go to config the just save the setting that comes up. The burbles change..... took me awhile to figure out where to go

Either way I still dont have the GTS sound in Stg 1. So sometimes I flash back to the GTS tune just to enjoy the sound

I am running stock motor, primary cats, single mid & MPE

Last edited by horsepower_and_hounds; 02-13-2024 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2021, 04:19 AM   #6
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
…..
….
Original still not sure on that one
….
…..
Original is mainly useful when you are using an edited tune. So let’s say you edit the GTS tune and alter the burble tables and create an edited tune.

Now choosing OEM will select the car’s factory default.
OTS will choose what BM3 deem to be their setup
Original will choose the actual tables in the tune (edited in this case)
OFF, Custom self explanatory.

I had taken the GTS tune and then edited a few tables to lower the values; and then while flashing I choose Original to get my table settings.

Still not happy with it, as I am trying to get close to CP spec… but is is still too loud. I also want to get rid of the loud overrun - but do not know which tables to edit. [Any help here would be appreciated]

Mine is a non-comp spec, so no burbles from factory. What I want is the GTS tune with CP burbles - but still haven’t managed to get there…
[Anyone have any custom settings for getting exact CP burbles]

Thank you.
      08-08-2021, 04:27 AM   #7
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Original is mainly useful when you are using an edited tune. So let’s say you edit the GTS tune and alter the burble tables and create an edited tune.

Now choosing OEM will select the car’s factory default.
OTS will choose what BM3 deem to be their setup
Original will choose the actual tables in the tune (edited in this case)
OFF, Custom self explanatory.

I had taken the GTS tune and then edited a few tables to lower the values; and then while flashing I choose Original to get my table settings.

Still not happy with it, as I am trying to get close to CP spec… but is is still too loud. I also want to get rid of the loud overrun - but do not know which tables to edit. [Any help here would be appreciated]

Mine is a non-comp spec, so no burbles from factory. What I want is the GTS tune with CP burbles - but still haven’t managed to get there…
[Anyone have any custom settings for getting exact CP burbles]

Thank you.
I have been asking a similar question for long time and even worked with PTF and have got nowhere. Burbles are a low priority and create hate mail
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #8
AMGKiller23
Rep
Drives: BMWM4

Aggression 0.5
Duration 1.5s

this sounds very similar to the GTS burbles. Give it a try !
Appreciate 1
gspannu198.50
      08-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #9
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGKiller23 View Post
Aggression 0.5
Duration 1.5s

this sounds very similar to the GTS burbles. Give it a try !
That is what Halim told me too but it was not even close on my car for some reason. Early builds 2015. I will keep messing around
Appreciate 1
gspannu198.50
      08-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #10
AMGKiller23
Rep
Drives: BMWM4

Quote:
That is what Halim told me too but it was not even close on my car for some reason. Early builds 2015. I will keep messing around
Same 2015 M4 here, It sounds the same when driving. Havent really tested it when revving stationary tho
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #11
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletLV View Post
When running the OTS burble settings on a multimap, are the burbles the same for each map? Just curious if anyone knows what the OTS burble setting is for the Stage 1 multimap.
Yes!

08-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #12
SilverBulletLV
Private
Rep

I like the OTS burble setting with the Stage 1 ACN 91 map. Just curious if this is what carries over to the Multimap. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:08 PM   #13
icebiker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 6MT

Not to thread-jack but can someone confirm that non-comp OEM (eg. Non modded) F8x's don't have burbles? A few on this thread have indicated that, but I've had my 2016 F83 for a few years now and it has very subtle burbles when letting off the gas. I am the 2nd owner, and it was CPO when I bought it so I assumed that it was not tuned. I also checked with the bootmod folks to see if my VIN was on record with them, but it wasn't. I am happy with the subtlety of my burbles so I'm not looking to change anything but now I'm curious if the car has some other tune that I am not aware of. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #14
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
I like the OTS burble setting with the Stage 1 ACN 91 map. Just curious if this is what carries over to the Multimap. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in.
Dude!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
Yes!
Answered (above).

Whatever configuration settings you set in the (BM3 - OTS) MultiMap(s x2) are shared by all of the 4 submaps within it.

This is Not the case for all of the other OTS Maps.

08-12-2021, 12:54 AM   #15
SilverBulletLV
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
Dude!?!

Answered (above).

Whatever configuration settings you set in the (BM3 - OTS) MultiMap(s x2) are shared by all of the 4 submaps within it.

This is Not the case for all of the other OTS Maps.

I completely missed it. LOL. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 01:11 AM   #16
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

I have my burbles set to 0.2s duration. You have a nice little pop when lifting off throttle which is sort of nice but it does attract attention in sport plus (agg set to 5). I may lower that to 2-3 to see if it helps.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:17 AM   #17
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
Not to thread-jack but can someone confirm that non-comp OEM (eg. Non modded) F8x's don't have burbles? A few on this thread have indicated that, but I've had my 2016 F83 for a few years now and it has very subtle burbles when letting off the gas. I am the 2nd owner, and it was CPO when I bought it so I assumed that it was not tuned. I also checked with the bootmod folks to see if my VIN was on record with them, but it wasn't. I am happy with the subtlety of my burbles so I'm not looking to change anything but now I'm curious if the car has some other tune that I am not aware of. Thanks
I have a stock MY18 M3 manual with MPE and I have burbles when I let off the gas, but no gunshots or crackling noises that sound like your car is broken. They're very subtle.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #18
SilverBulletLV
Private
Rep

I’ve searched and can’t what the OTS Stage 1 ACN91 burble settings are. I’d like to run the same burble settings on the multi map. Anyone know what the settings are?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:35 AM   #19
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I’ve searched and can’t what the OTS Stage 1 ACN91 burble settings are. I’d like to run the same burble settings on the multi map. Anyone know what the settings are?
You won't..... you have to figure it out on your own. When you go into the config the settings are a generic starting point and have no reference to what they were. Good luck.....been trying to duplicate a burble type for awhile
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #20
SilverBulletLV
Private
Rep

Quote:
You won't..... you have to figure it out on your own. When you go into the config the settings are a generic starting point and have no reference to what they were. Good luck.....been trying to duplicate a burble type for awhile
Thanks, I have tried to play around with the custom settings, but could not get it exactly right. Unlike many people, I am a big fan of aggressive burbles. The OTS is the perfect level of obnoxiousness IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #21
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Quote:
Thanks, I have tried to play around with the custom settings, but could not get it exactly right. Unlike many people, I am a big fan of aggressive burbles. The OTS is the perfect level of obnoxiousness IMO.
I'd be willing to guess the burble setting you're running on the OTS ACN91 is near identical to the new Stage 1 multimap's default. Unless you ask PTF directly, you might just have to switch to the multi and see what you get compared to what you have.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 09:05 AM   #22
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Now I love the GTS OTS burble...too much for most but it sound like a GTS track car. I have been trying for a long time to duplicate that sound in the Stg 1 93 and have failed. Right now I m running the setting

Quote:
I have been asking a similar question for long time and even worked with PTF and have got nowhere. Burbles are a low priority and create hate mail
Well... you may or may not have noticed, but there are now new settings under Config -> Exhaust Burble Type.
New settings ZCP, GTS, NON-ZCP.

This is not yet on the iOS and iPadOS apps, but available on a desktop browser...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 03.02.16 pm.png
Views: 11606
Size:  204.6 KB

Enjoy !
KeyBoy34.00