Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
tropicatango
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f80 m3 YAS

I read everything on the forum about the kw v3 coilover for the f80 m3 but the reviews are old and are coming from older or first batch of kw v3 back in 2014-2015

the most recent version or updated kw v3 for the f80 m3 seems to offer a better rear spring that allow to run a non slammed car

also the updated version have the rear compression knob on the top portion of the shock, instead of on the top, meaning that you can adjust it without removing the rear shocks from the car

I could get a pretty good deal on a set and i would like to get some reviews, from people who had the latest version.

i love spirited driving but dont plan to track the car except maybe once a year, i really want amazing handling but still a very compliant setup for 4 hours drive

I'm currently running oem edc shocks with clubsport edc coding on swift lowering spring, i love the way it drive, i always use sport plus suspension setup.

i would like to adjust it at the same ride height as the swift, since it's perfect for daily driving and i do not scrape anywhere.

does the upgrade worth it ?

share your reviews and share your setting (compression-rebound)

Also do i need a front spacer to run oem wheel 437m with 265/35/19, from other thread it's very very close,

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #2
THEROK
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Hyundai Equus

My story...

I've run KW V3s on three diff make/model cars. I don't ever track my cars with no plans to track my '18 M4. I trust the brand and the many years of providing aftermarket suspension setups.

-I've never and will never run lowering springs on stock shocks

-I like to match as closely as possible to the factory ride

-I strongly prefer wider, lighter, stronger, flusher, and larger diameter than stock (in some cases) aftermarket wheels

-I am very particular about ride height (lower than stock, but not too low, just right)

I run KW's recommended settings for the F82 with EDC delete. While I don't daily my M4, I did run up 10K miles 1st year of ownership.

Zero complaints. No issues. Just set it and forget it for me. No passenger has ever complained about ride being harsh even on the seismically formed Socal roads.
      12-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
tropicatango
Second Lieutenant
Rep

can post a pic of your car to see the ride height ?

so you run the recommanded kw setting for height and compression/rebound setting ?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:56 AM   #4
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 CP/330e/Boxster S

I've just fitted AC Schnitzer RS coilovers, which are KW v3s with some revised settings, but in essence very similar. I absolutely love them.

The ride firmness is similar to EDC in sports mode but feels noticeably less harsh, and I feel the suspension works as one, whereas before it felt over sprung, under damped, and I could feel how stiff the sway bars are. None of that now. And it transformed how confident I feel to really drive the car hard, so much quicker and harder on the throttle on exit, and much better sense of how much traction I have.

Also, when driving fast on bumpy back roads the body control is immense, just so well tied down and able to deal with any bumps or compression the road throws at it.

It makes me smile so much more now!

And the wife notices no difference at all from the passenger seat.
      12-09-2018, 06:55 AM   #5
tropicatango
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Very nice review thanks
Appreciate 0