Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

12-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Will trade my Supercharged 09 6MT E92 for F8X

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Body has 97,xxx, but first owner threw a bearing, and had a new motor put in, which has about 50k on it now. I have the invoice from this service.
Oil changes done every 5k miles with Liqui Moly 10W60. I put about 6k miles a year on this car.

Rod Bearings done by MRF. I have pics/invoices.

Options
Jet Black Exterior
Speed Cloth Seats
OEM Dry Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Navigation
Xenon Headlights
Adaptive Headlights(Beam of light turns when steering wheel turns)
Power folding Side Mirrors
Auto Dimming Side Mirrors
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Air Conditioning works great, blows cold
Power Steering
2 Keys included in sale

Interior
Rogue Engineering Short Shift Kit
Burger Tuning Clutch Stop
Tinted windows
Split armrest
All Bulbs in cabin changed to White LED
OEM F10 Lighted Shift Knob
Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
Red "Start" and Steering Wheel "M" Buttons<li>Red Front and Rear Seatbelts
Pedal Haus Aluminum Black Pedals and Footrest

Engine
VF Engineering VF620 Supercharger Kit
BPM Tune
Upgraded Tial BOV
Bimmerworld Straight Pipe Exhaust Piping
Akrapovic Rear Section Titanium Mufflers w/ Titanium Tips

Wheels/Suspension
KW ClubSport Coilovers w/ Camber Plates
Apex 18x10 Arc-8 w/ Staggered Nexen N9000 275/35/18 and 285/35/18
5mm H&R Wheel Spacers on Front + 15mm H&R Rear Spacers
Stoptech ST60 Front BBK + Stoptech ST40 Rear BBK both Slotted Rotors
Apex Race Parts Wheel Studs + Black Bolts
Macht Schnell Aluminum FCAB's
Macht Schnell Rear Subframe and differential Aluminum Bushings
AFE upgraded 32mm Front Sway Bar + Urethane Bushings

Body/Lighting
Custom DTM style LED Angel Eyes w/ painted black housings, new outside lenses, Carbon Fiber Eyelids
Black Fender Grills w/ White LED's
OEM LCI Taillights
6000k Xenon bulbs
LED Side Marker Bulbs
Headlights currently have a protective yellow film that can be removed in seconds
F8X Style Gloss Black Kidney Grills
Competition Carbon Fiber Splitters
Maxton Design Front Bumper Lip
Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers
Maxton Design Side Skirt Extensions
Vorsteiner Rep Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Competition Carbon Fiber Decklid Spoiler
GTS Style Adjustable Carbon Fiber Wing
Carbon Fiber Sunroof Delete Panel
Roof and Sunroof Delete Panel wrapped in 5d Carbon Fiber Style Vinyl
Headliner replaced with OEM Non-Sunroof Headliner

This car is so much ridiculous fun, and with the Supercharger it feels like the car BMW should have made. Per VF I never rev the motor over 3k RPM for the first 3-5 minutes of driving. I am meticulous with my car care, its garage parked, and never driven in the rain. Mileage will continue to go up rather slowly, as I only drive the car 3 or 4 days a week, otherwise I do most of my driving in my E53 X5 Daily. I own the car outright, and have title in hand.

I do all work on my car, and keep a meticulous record of mileage and or date of my performing a particular service. I have done supercharger oil every 3k miles, and engine oil every 5k. Every oil change I also change both bolts/washers on the pan.

FAQ
Have Rod Bearings been done? YES
Do you have the title? YES, and it's a clear/clean title
Have you gotten in any accidents? NO
Will you ship? YES, and I can assist with arranging shipping.
What airport should I fly into if I choose to come pick up the vehicle? San Jose "SJC"

Attached Images

Last edited by Spun Crankhub; 12-20-2018 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Yellow lens film coming off this week, and some front end pics coming soon after.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
F80Dreamer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Nice car, good luck with transfer.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
Nice car, good luck with transfer.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Nice looking car. GLWS OP. I would imagine you would need to put a signification amount of cash on top on your end to get into a F8x car.
Appreciate 2
Draper3459.50
2SNAILS2085.50
      12-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Nice looking car. GLWS OP. I would imagine you would need to put a signification amount of cash on top on your end to get into a F8x car.
Thanks!!
Not a significant amount to get into a MY2015-16. There might be someone who has had their car for a few years and wanting something different, and that is where this could be a situation where not much money has to be put down by me.
Just got it out there, and hope something mutually beneficial comes along.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #7
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Thanks!!
Not a significant amount to get into a MY2015-16. There might be someone who has had their car for a few years and wanting something different, and that is where this could be a situation where not much money has to be put down by me.
Just got it out there, and hope something mutually beneficial comes along.
OP u must be kidding right?
Appreciate 2
Draper3459.50
R3dliner934.50
      12-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
I typed it, so obviously I am.
Are you some sort of elitist who thinks that an F8x is magically worth more money than the market believes it to be? So if the market says your car is worth $45, and remember the market is what someone in a private party sale is willing to buy it for, do you believe that you are entitled to $50 because you paid $80 for it back in 2015.
I have a car that is modded heavily with a number of those mods having a going rate in the FS section on the E9x M forum, thus I can keep those number under consideration when shopping my car. If you spend $50k in mods do you get that back in the sale of your car? Absolutely not.
BUT...If you are mechanically inclined as I am, and can de-mod your car then said mods are able to be sold at going rate, sans any cost paid to a mechanic to remove for you.
Speaking of labor costs, getting into a modded car allows you to forego paying the labor costs, as well as no opportunity cost of your car being off the road while in the shop.
Basically this long winded explanation summed up like this. Any sale or trade transaction is worth it for the right person at a particular time, and do not try telling me otherwise as I am in the Real Estate industy, and have been part of some interesting transactions.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
KakashiSenpai
Troll
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

If somebody is bored of their F8X & wants something different this is a very well put together E92 worth the trade (maybe op has to add cash depending on the spec of the F8X but nothing crazy)... To bad I switched over to Paul's e54 tune on my F82 or I would seriously consider this trade! GLWS/GLWT OP!
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

OP, I believe the community here is really trying to help people out, but some people think their cars are made out of gold.
Let's say a 15 F82 with 30k miles is in the 45k range. From a person who just sold his modded E92 M3 on this forum, I know the market.

If you look at the f/s section, there are a lot of SC e9x that's newer than yours with less mileage selling in the 30's. With that being said, the % of buyers looking for heavily modded cars are very thin and for you to command top dollar is a uphill battle imo. You're better off parting out and selling it as stock. As I mentioned before glws.

Last edited by R3dliner; 12-19-2018 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #11
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Quote:
I typed it, so obviously I am.
Are you some sort of elitist who thinks that an F8x is magically worth more money than the market believes it to be? So if the market says your car is worth $45, and remember the market is what someone in a private party sale is willing to buy it for, do you believe that you are entitled to $50 because you paid $80 for it back in 2015.
I have a car that is modded heavily with a number of those mods having a going rate in the FS section on the E9x M forum, thus I can keep those number under consideration when shopping my car. If you spend $50k in mods do you get that back in the sale of your car? Absolutely not.
BUT...If you are mechanically inclined as I am, and can de-mod your car then said mods are able to be sold at going rate, sans any cost paid to a mechanic to remove for you.
Speaking of labor costs, getting into a modded car allows you to forego paying the labor costs, as well as no opportunity cost of your car being off the road while in the shop.
Basically this long winded explanation summed up like this. Any sale or trade transaction is worth it for the right person at a particular time, and do not try telling me otherwise as I am in the Real Estate industy, and have been part of some interesting transactions.
Thanks for ur explanation but I didn't need it nor do I care! And to answer ur question I'm a realist not a elitist. Get ur $h*t straight! U want to trade ur 100k mile E92 wit a thrown bearing and a motor replacement. for a 15-16 F8X. Keep drinking the kool aid
Cheers
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #12
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for ur explanation but I didn't need it nor do I care! And to answer ur question I'm a realist not a elitist. Get ur $h*t straight! U want to trade ur 100k mile E92 wit a thrown bearing and a motor replacement. for a 15-16 F8X. Keep drinking the kool aid
Cheers
youre a fkn joke, just keep saying F8X repeatedly like a fanboy and maybe your Ford Focus will turn into one. And btw this car is on a new motor. I'm seeing F8X MY2015's with 50-60k on the clock, aka more miles on their motors than mine.
PS I noticed your original post to my thread at 2:34am. Must be tough getting off work from the Amazon fulfillment warehouse at that hour. Go get some sleep, as its likely not easy working that hard for minimum wage.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #13
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Shit bruh 230am is when my private jet landed inbound from St. Barts. It only took 3 min to get up the driveway in the Chiron which left one minute to type out a sick burn.

Great thread!

Also, glws or trade. It's a cool car.
Appreciate 1
mrkmtchll285.00
      12-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #14
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

The fact that no one has inquired the MY of your car is telling.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 12:10 AM   #16
495evo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 CZ4A, 2016 F80

What year is the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 02:01 AM   #17
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495evo View Post
What year is the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 02:02 AM   #18
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
Do tell
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #19
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
Many ppl aren’t interested in a modded and abused BMW. But there’s always that one guy that will go for a trade like this. Nothing wrong with it. GL
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #20
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers
youre a fkn joke, just keep saying F8X repeatedly like a fanboy and maybe your Ford Focus will turn into one. And btw this car is on a new motor. I'm seeing F8X MY2015's with 50-60k on the clock, aka more miles on their motors than mine.
PS I noticed your original post to my thread at 2:34am. Must be tough getting off work from the Amazon fulfillment warehouse at that hour. Go get some sleep, as its likely not easy working that hard for minimum wage.
Do you realize that every component in the car has mileage right? Not just the motor but suspension and transmission, electrical components, Ac compressor/evaporator. I get the new motor may have 50-60k miles but the car still 100k miles.
I'm not saying that you may not get a trade from someone but you're acting like this is a super low mileage e92 because it got a motor 50k miles ago.
It has to be a super fun car, I'd love to drive it but I'd also be scared of any issues down the line because it is a heavily modded motor with 50k miles. Maybe set a price of what you'd like to get. I'd honestly love to buy it but IMO it isn't a daily.
Just my cents
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #21
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
Do you realize that every component in the car has mileage right? Not just the motor but suspension and transmission, electrical components, Ac compressor/evaporator. I get the new motor may have 50-60k miles but the car still 100k miles.
I'm not saying that you may not get a trade from someone but you're acting like this is a super low mileage e92 because it got a motor 50k miles ago.
It has to be a super fun car, I'd love to drive it but I'd also be scared of any issues down the line because it is a heavily modded motor with 50k miles. Maybe set a price of what you'd like to get. I'd honestly love to buy it but IMO it isn't a daily.
Just my cents
Car is obviously for sale in E92 M3 forum. At what point did I act like it was a low mileage car? Lets be honest with ourselves though, mileage on the motor/trans are the only major components that matters. Everything else is tertiary, and replaced quite easily and affordably. I also find it funny how people tend to act like 100k miles is some death sentence for a vehicle. I had an E46 328i that I bought at 240k and drove until 315k as a daily. Change the oil and don't overheat the motor, and these BMW's last forever.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #22
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep

Everyone putting in your two cents please stop. If you arent interested in this vehicle just keep it to yourself. As much as I would love to go into every one of your for sale ad's when you eventually sell your vehicle, with the sole intention of questioning your rationale for your price, i am going to abstain due to not needing to give a f8ck, as well as it just not being my g8ddamned business. Thanks!
Appreciate 0