Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #1
Moony
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F32 435i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
Kavaca PPF

Anyone have any experience with Kavaca PPF by Ceramic Pro?

Looks still fairly new to the market but wanted to see if any owners here have any past experience with this PPF?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Moon View Post
Anyone have any experience with Kavaca PPF by Ceramic Pro?

Looks still fairly new to the market but wanted to see if any owners here have any past experience with this PPF?
I had most of my F82 wrapped in Kavaca roughly 9 months ago - everything except the roof, boot lid, and rear bumper, which were coated with Ceramic Pro 9H.

By all accounts and tech data from the company, it seemed like some badass advancement, and the guys applying it felt like it had better stretchability/workability than other PPF products they had used.
However, the guys who wrapped my car have since moved away from it and went back to only using XPEL. Turns out the adhesive properties aren't the best and they have noticed a tendency to peel or bubble up at the edges. There is supposedly a v2.0 coming down that addresses this common complaint.

I will say that despite a few blemishes at the edges and the obvious difference in feel from the panels without PPF, it has done a great job at serving its overall protective purpose. I try to at minimum power rinse the car on a weekly basis and wipe it down with graphene detail spray from Adam's. The majority of the time that is enough to bring back the deep, wet shine that seems like you could almost lay down into the paint.

ETA: Added pics at pick-up following PPF and 9H install. Since then, I've added on the CS front spoiler, also wrapped in Kavaca. Riding around with it on for several months and so far no issues with rock chips or other impact damage. (And I now fully expect to destroy the thing within 5 minutes of leaving work later today...)
Attached Images

Last edited by TideMD; 11-27-2020 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Add pics
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Moony
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F32 435i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
I had most of my F82 wrapped in Kavaca roughly 9 months ago - everything except the roof, boot lid, and rear bumper, which were coated with Ceramic Pro 9H.

By all accounts and tech data from the company, it seemed like some badass advancement, and the guys applying it felt like it had better stretchability/workability than other PPF products they had used.
However, the guys who wrapped my car have since moved away from it and went back to only using XPEL. Turns out the adhesive properties aren't the best and they have noticed a tendency to peel or bubble up at the edges. There is supposedly a v2.0 coming down that addresses this common complaint.

I will say that despite a few blemishes at the edges and the obvious difference in feel from the panels without PPF, it has done a great job at serving its overall protective purpose. I try to at minimum power rinse the car on a weekly basis and wipe it down with graphene detail spray from Adam's. The majority of the time that is enough to bring back the deep, wet shine that seems like you could almost lay down into the paint.

ETA: Added pics at pick-up following PPF and 9H install. Since then, I've added on the CS front spoiler, also wrapped in Kavaca. Riding around with it on for several months and so far no issues with rock chips or other impact damage. (And I now fully expect to destroy the thing within 5 minutes of leaving work later today...)
Perfect this is exactly the type of review I wanted!

Thanks again for your insight!
Appreciate 0