Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Closed Thread

01-24-2015, 02:10 AM   #331
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Your car is not safe with anyone. I recently took my M4 to an unnamed BMW dealership in the Chicago burbs and had a dashcam record a 20 year old looking technician get stuck in the snow with my car, take selfies with it, take it on an 8 mile 'test drive' and take it through an automated car wash after telling the service manager multiple times not to wash it.

I know none of this is especially bad (maybe the car wash), but I figured BMW would treat their M customers with more respect.
I had a valet at a local dealer do this to my 335i right in front my eyes. He pulled out of parking spot full throttle and side swiped the vehicle adjacent to it. My head almost exploded I was so pissed.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:37 AM   #332
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Rouge valets?... Are these some kind of sophisticated wine drinking French valets?!
Awesome
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #333
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

admins need to ban this assshat morpheus, asap.
      01-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #334
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

This sucks for us people who live in New York City. Every parking garage has a valet = (
& the probability for getting a guy like this in the video is pretty high.

Hope nobody experiences this again.

I gotta get myself a Go-pro and start recording if i ever leave my M/// in a parking garage.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #335
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

hahah serves him right!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #336
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz View Post
I had a valet at a local dealer do this to my 335i right in front my eyes. He pulled out of parking spot full throttle and side swiped the vehicle adjacent to it. My head almost exploded I was so pissed.

Which dealership did this?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #337
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Big deal. What a bunch of crybabies. Nothing happened to the car.
You sir are an idiot.

How about I pay to put my kids in daycare and pick them up to find that they have been left in a corner all day crying? By your response and attitude the kids fine what's your point?

The point is the person pays for a service and expects their property to be treated with respect. It's not asking for much.

How about you pay me to come look after your house, I'll pee all over the carpets and have them cleaned up after. Good as new.

After a mortgage/house, a car is most people's most expensive purchase. I look after my house and I look after my car. If I'm paying someone I expect the same.
You're comparing a car to my kids??? Ok I think I see the mentality here....
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #338
jwr0721
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT

The worst part of this video is listening to this complete fucking moron talk about an M car of which he knows absolutely NOTHING as if he were some sort of God damned expert.

Fucking wanker.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #339
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
It's a current production vehicle with plenty of parts available. Hardly exotic. I'd be more pissed if they spilled a drink in it or something.
Your right, it is not an exotic. But, I've read enough threads where people have had to wait quite a few weeks to months for parts due to accidents. I know I would be pissed if my car was put out of action for a length of time because of these goofballs. Especially if it was during the summer as they are short enough to enjoy here.

I know a lot of that was due to the new parts system BMW has put in place and hopefully it has gotten sorted out by now.

If you want to tear up a car and do a review on it, go buy your own. Or figure out how to let somebody use theirs with permission for your hobby. But, good luck with that.

Otherwise do your bleeping job and just park the car. Almost everybody has ways they can abuse something at their job. It doesn't mean it is right or that you should. If you do decide to go down that road than be prepared to pay the consequences.
I didn't see where the guys "tore up the car". Couple of very brief accelerations and got on the brakes hard-stuff guys do every day. Some people are acting like they spit on your mothers. I'm not saying the guys were right. They weren't. But I think, and it's a public forum and I'm entitled to my opinion, some of the responses are a little overboard given the situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #340
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213
admins need to ban this assshat morpheus, asap.
LolZ
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #341
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol
Quote:
Big deal. What a bunch of crybabies. Nothing happened to the car.
Most of us treat our cars like our second wife, we even name our cars. What they've done is equivalent to 2 dudes raping your wife after she's been roofied at the bar. She was helpless and couldn't call you for help. It's just not right.

If you're a car nut, you wouldn't tolerate this bullshit. If you don't give a shit about your car, you're in the wrong forum and get a fucking Prius.
The same as raping my wife? Really? Wow.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #342
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr0721 View Post
The worst part of this video is listening to this complete fucking moron talk about an M car of which he knows absolutely NOTHING as if he were some sort of God damned expert.

Fucking wanker.
OK, I agree. This WAS the worst part.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #343
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I didn't see where the guys "tore up the car". Couple of very brief accelerations and got on the brakes hard-stuff guys do every day. Some people are acting like they spit on your mothers. I'm not saying the guys were right. They weren't. But I think, and it's a public forum and I'm entitled to my opinion, some of the responses are a little overboard given the situation.
You are assuming that everything they have done is on video. I very much doubt this. And yes, even in what they were doing it wouldn't take much for an accident to happen. A pedestrian walks out between cars or car pulls out unexpectedly and boom you have a big mess.

I also didn't appreciate them digging in the armrest using the USB port. I know they can't do anything to the car, but why start digging around in closed compartments. There is zero reason for this. Charge your iPhone somewhere else.

I agree some are overboard, but are you really surprised that people on here that love there cars are/would be pissed? I would be pissed. I've pulled some shenanigans at work, but as far as I can recall I've never messed with someone's personal property.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #344
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Didn't you once say this to a guy that got a speeding ticket?

I mean, I dunno, you want that kid to take responsibility for speeding but no responsibility/consequence to the guy that joyrided multiple cars and exploited his access to them for his own 'fame' (whatever the fame of a Twitter account is these days)

But troll on buddy, troll on....
You search through my past posts looking for something to use and then call ME a troll? OK.

RE: the speeding ticket? I guess you could say I'm pretty much against whining in all it's forms.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #345
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
You search through my past posts looking for something to use and then call ME a troll? OK.

RE: the speeding ticket? I guess you could say I'm pretty much against whining in all it's forms.
you were/are running through this thread looking to pick fights with guys (witness well, any of the last 7 or 8 posts you've had) and seemed pretty hard on it so.....absolutely I looked at your past posts.

I was curious who you were AND just like our valet friend, well, online histories are a bitch and the hypocrisy was noted. Welcome to the interwebs y'all.

Anyway, I think you have a hard time justifying your position as being some sort of philosophically 'anti-whining' position. you are just shit disturbing, which is fine, but expect to get called out on it. ie: don't hold yourself up as some moral crusader. We've all done the shit disturbing role but own up to it man.

AND if you want to get it into the details of the valet, I'm gonna go ahead and guess you didn't watch many of the other videos he had posted (pre-termination)? was more than just going a little quick here and there.

And, at the end of the day, even if that is all that he did, it doesn't matter because rule 1 of someone else's stuff is 'don't touch it or do something with it without their permission'. Seems like an easy one to me.

That rule applies double (in extra bold underlined italicized font) when your entire job is being entrusted with someone else's valuable possessions. And, be clear, all of the cars he was exploiting for his own little bit of fame were clearly valuable cars (S63, G63, etc, etc).

He got what was coming to him. To use your term, stop whining about it.
      01-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #346
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I would probably strangle this guy if I saw it happening but... you have to admit this video is ridiculously funny. The guy clearly has no idea what he is talking about and makes comparisons to a rhinoscerus lol.
      01-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #347
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You are assuming that everything they have done is on video. I very much doubt this. And yes, even in what they were doing it wouldn't take much for an accident to happen. A pedestrian walks out between cars or car pulls out unexpectedly and boom you have a big mess.

I also didn't appreciate them digging in the armrest using the USB port. I know they can't do anything to the car, but why start digging around in closed compartments. There is zero reason for this. Charge your iPhone somewhere else.

I agree some are overboard, but are you really surprised that people on here that love there cars are/would be pissed? I would be pissed. I've pulled some shenanigans at work, but as far as I can recall I've never messed with someone's personal property.
I can agree with you: it was stupid, it was wrong, and there was no reason for it. I agree someone could have been hurt and if I feel any anger it's because of that. Maybe most of you guys are much younger than me and your cars are your most prized possessions? Maybe it's that some sort of trust has been breached and you are upset that you can never again feel safe using a valet?

This was just a dumb kid who made a stupid video because he was a fan of the M4. So am I. He totally made the wrong decision and in a very public way. Did he deserve to be fired. I think so. Does he deserve for an internet forum to hunt him down and terrorize him? I don't think so. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and most of us move on.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #348
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:01 AM   #349
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I can agree with you: it was stupid, it was wrong, and there was no reason for it. I agree someone could have been hurt and if I feel any anger it's because of that. Maybe most of you guys are much younger than me and your cars are your most prized possessions? Maybe it's that some sort of trust has been breached and you are upset that you can never again feel safe using a valet?

This was just a dumb kid who made a stupid video because he was a fan of the M4. So am I. He totally made the wrong decision and in a very public way. Did he deserve to be fired. I think so. Does he deserve for an internet forum to hunt him down and terrorize him? I don't think so. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and most of us move on.
I don't know your age, but I am 40 and married with a kid. They are way more important to me than any materiel object. I also am quite a bit more relaxed and am much more able to let things go then when I was in my twenties.

Like I said, I did a bunch of stuff that kids do when they are young, but I drew the line at messing with other people's personal property (and other things). I guess I expect the same respect from others.

As evidenced by other videos made by this kid, he was very much on the way to something bad happening. I think all this forum did was accelerate the process of getting him fired. It probably saved another owner a huge headache from having to fix damage caused by this guy, which would of probably resulted in him getting fired anyway.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2015, 09:05 AM   #350
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

interesting, I was expecting a burnout or something crazy, but literally just driving around commentating on it. lol. fail.

Also, while it's great the valet was punished, damage was done (luckily no "damage" in this case per se). Goes to show, you never ever valet a car you give two cents about. It's fine valeting a beater I think, that's why you buy them - park/drive anywhere sanity.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #351
Morpheus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I don't know your age, but I am 40 and married with a kid. They are way more important to me than any materiel object. I also am quite a bit more relaxed and am much more able to let things go then when I was in my twenties.

Like I said, I did a bunch of stuff that kids do when they are young, but I drew the line at messing with other people's personal property (and other things). I guess I expect the same respect from others.

As evidenced by other videos by this kid he was very much on the way to something bad happening. I think all this forum did was accelerate the process of getting him fired. It probably saved another owner a huge headache from having to fix damage cause by this guy, which would of probably resulted in him getting fired anyway.
I wasn't specifically addressing you, your points and response seem appropriate. I can see the personal property thing and I agree he should be fired and no, I didn't watch any of the other videos and man, I've wasted a bunch of time on this already. Almost a whole pot of coffee. And while I would love to stay and debate this all day I've got stuff to do-It's Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #352
Spencer25
2015 M4 Coupe, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6; 2015 F25 M4 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctm4me
I will admit, I did laugh several times over at his ability to really present a car and its options.

Dude should have pretty much wrote the SAT and PSAT.
Can you post a pic of how dash cam setup? Great idea...a little extreme....but I will use it when sending my M's in for service.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread