ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
kss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AY F80 ZCP

Is it possible to get split screen on the display?

On my Lexus navigation display, I’m able to use split screen to have most of the screen display map and navigation info (2/3 of screen), and have the other 1/3 display media (radio/satellite/media player track/album info).

Is it possible to do this, or something similar on the m3? I’ve got a 2017 m3 Competition. When I press the options button on the main controller, I do see a split screen button, but it is greyed out and unchecked. I can scroll to that setting, I’m unable to change it, or click on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss View Post
On my Lexus navigation display, I’m able to use split screen to have most of the screen display map and navigation info (2/3 of screen), and have the other 1/3 display media (radio/satellite/media player track/album info).

Is it possible to do this, or something similar on the m3? I’ve got a 2017 m3 Competition. When I press the options button on the main controller, I do see a split screen button, but it is greyed out and unchecked. I can scroll to that setting, I’m unable to change it, or click on it.
I had this same exact issue when I first took delivery of my '18 F80. The answer is yes. I have the default view as the left 2/3rd of the screen is the map, and the right 3rd is XM view.

Now, I have no idea how I did it. But I did. So keep searching, or hopefully somebody can walk you through it here. Lol. But rest easy, it's possible!

Maybe call the genius line and they can try to walk you through it?
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

I am able to do it on my '15. I will say that BMW does weird things with options in iDrive. I have way more split screen display options in my '15 than I do with my '17 X1. Seems like it should be the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
smashnmash
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Form any screen hit the options button near idrive, you will see an option for split screen, form here check the box. Once enabled hit the idrive joystick right twice and then press it and select what you want the far right 1/3 to be... pm me if this doesnt work, i am not in my car at the moment.
Appreciate 0