Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
YMBChuBBBs
Rep
Drives: YMB 15 F82 m4

All lights shut off and more

Wondering if anyone else ever experienced this, I was cruising along and all of my exterior lights stopped working. No blinkers no brake lights nothing. Also the tpms sensors stopped working along with the traction control. When I shut the car off and tried to restart it came up and said ignition control fault and basically every light on the dash was on. Reset the battery and it was back to good for awhile until I parked it over night and it did the same stuff the next day? I’m guessing a sensor or something of the sort is shorting out.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Take your car to the dealer - there's nothing we can tell you here that would be better than getting your car plugged in at a dealer since your car is under warranty.. (I assume). something like this happened before to my E60 and it was a DME module that needed replacing.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #3
climax_e92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

That's really weird. Similar to what happened to my car when it was a few months old. But it was only the interior lights/dash that turned off while i was driving. Took it to the dealer and they just updated the computer and everything was back to normal.
16 F82 M4 Frequency Intelligent F1 Exhaust - VRSF downpipes - BBS CI-R custom finish - H&R Springs - Injen DCI intake - CG Precision Valve Controller - BootMod3 full E85 - Custom Roll Cage - Varis Diffuser - PSM GT Wing - V style Lip
https://www.instagram.com/m4_teh/
Appreciate 0