Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-29-2023, 09:48 PM   #23
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

That bmw is hot. So hot it's fire.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 10:05 PM   #24
IcewaterPete
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Just another day in Vegas…
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      01-29-2023, 10:55 PM   #25
tahoeacr
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240IX

You Canadians are having a discussion about Ethics. Unfortunately, the US has lost all Ethics. It isn't a matter of helping any more. It is how much liability do you want to subject your own family to? First, you run across traffic when there already are people at the center divider. Then you pull the guy out of the car not knowing that he broke his back in the wreck. Afterwards, you get sued by his family for causing the broken back. Even if you win the court case you have to spend money to defend yourself. You could have criminal charges brought against you then civil. That's your free lesson that cost me 250K+ to learn. Mine was a deferent scenario but same principals apply. No one was hurt but medical records were faked. Thank heaven for red neck cowboy juries in Nevada.

Whole different way to look at things now isn't it.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2023, 05:08 AM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
You all have wild imaginations, ever consider a heart attack or some medical emergency? Because Vegas he is drunk and stoned? Why make up facts when you have no clue what happened.

Also, it's extremely rare for a car to blow up like in a movie. The flames posed a valid burn risk though.
The driver was knocked out .
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
M5Rick58897.50
      01-30-2023, 09:08 AM   #27
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
You Canadians are having a discussion about Ethics. Unfortunately, the US has lost all Ethics. It isn't a matter of helping any more. It is how much liability do you want to subject your own family to? First, you run across traffic when there already are people at the center divider. Then you pull the guy out of the car not knowing that he broke his back in the wreck. Afterwards, you get sued by his family for causing the broken back. Even if you win the court case you have to spend money to defend yourself. You could have criminal charges brought against you then civil. That's your free lesson that cost me 250K+ to learn. Mine was a deferent scenario but same principals apply. No one was hurt but medical records were faked. Thank heaven for red neck cowboy juries in Nevada.

Damn are you saying the Good Samaritan law “worked” as you won the case but you had to spend all this money to defend yourself in a lawsuit???
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 10:56 AM   #28
tahoeacr
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Damn are you saying the Good Samaritan law “worked” as you won the case but you had to spend all this money to defend yourself in a lawsuit???
Yep. Frivolous lawsuits are out of control in the US.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      01-30-2023, 11:16 AM   #29
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
3- you’ll be surprised to learn that a doctor will save the pedo-rapist and not the cop if his condition is slightly more critical. Doctors don’t think like you (thank goodness, imagine if lives weren’t saved based on character, you wouldn’t get that surgery you need because the doctor disagrees with your life choices). They even “can’t” think like you. It’s the oath they take.

I guess there was a lot you learned today.
1- no law needed to save someone, but a Good Samaritan law does exist.
2- cars don’t explode
3- never assume a cause of an accident
4- doctors take an oath to practice their calling

Call me if there’s more.
Lmao as an MD, there is a lot of potential liability for attending to situations like this. America is a litigious society, somebody will come after your ass to get a paycheck.

You'd be surprise how many Docs do not respond to "is there a Doctor onboard" overhead calls on flights.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      01-30-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Lmao as an MD, there is a lot of potential liability for attending to situations like this. America is a litigious society, somebody will come after your ass to get a paycheck.

You'd be surprise how many Docs do not respond to "is there a Doctor onboard" overhead calls on flights.
Ya, I like the inhabitants therein very much but US society in general/as a whole...it's wacked, man, w the insatiable fetish for guns and this potential of being sued to death, nope.

Ok, since you're a MD w that police and pedo-rapist question I posed earlier, shall I assume it's a no brainer as both cases are the same that you'd operate on the policeman first?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 06:55 PM   #31
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ok, since you're a MD w that police and pedo-rapist question I posed earlier, shall I assume it's a no brainer as both cases are the same that you'd operate on the policeman first?
That I can't answer. We aren't in the business of making ethical judgments for who we treat and don't treat, and 99% of the time we don't know anything about an individual's personal situation in an emergency setting. Whoever is in more critical condition will get medical attention first, and in my specialty it all boils down to if the patient's insurance is contracted with my group.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 08:25 PM   #32
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:

Here you demonstrate lack of comprehension of examples given by tranquility, to which I responded.

Quote:
That I can't answer. We aren't in the business of making ethical judgments for who we treat and don't treat, and 99% of the time we don't know anything about an individual's personal situation in an emergency setting. Whoever is in more critical condition will get medical attention first, and in my specialty it all boils down to if the patient's insurance is contracted with my group.
And here you repeat what I said, agreeing with me.

Carry on guys, I give up.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 08:35 PM   #33
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here you demonstrate lack of comprehension of examples given by tranquility, to which I responded.
I didn't read your guys' entire back and forth. just pointing out the Hippocratic oath especially in the field (meaning, in real life at an accident scene or on an airplane) is very idealistic and isn't necessarily a binding oath that all of us practice. In today's society, MDs have everything to lose and nothing to gain in such situations.

Last edited by Germanauto; 01-30-2023 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 09:09 PM   #34
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Ok, that's very practical and realistic. I'm just asking a hypothetical as obviously what are the chances of 2 patients having the exact same condition and being at the ends of the ethical spectrum? Never mind, it's all good.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:03 PM   #35
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

A BMW catches fire, which then causes the Bimmer forum to become a dumpster fire.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
Xolinlevh174.00
      03-21-2023, 04:14 PM   #36
Ayyleoo
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
Pretty intense car fire in Vegas on January 27, 2023 in front of The Venetian. Luckily got out safely with the help of brave bystanders and police.

Crazy how the cop yells at the bystanders …helping … while he waddles over -
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 02:16 PM   #37
ErikJ1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport

[QUOTE="________;29787376"]Lol of course I know who you are and I have you in high regard.

Beer one day. have a great one

Lots of sexual tension here..y'all should get a room to "work out" y'alls differences..
Appreciate 0