Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-31-2023, 12:52 PM   #1
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

BMWCCA - AMICA insurance discount

I got a call about my house insurance from AMICA, and asked to check my auto policy, and agent asked if I had the BMWCCA discount. I had let my membership lapse; I renewed and got something like 20% off insurance.

I highly recommend AMICA - I have had continuous house and auto coverage from them my whole life. Very competitive rates, seamless service, always generous no hassles.

I also recommend BMWCCA - good club, discounts, low membership fees. If you join please stick my membership # in (300029), I get some kudos for it. Link at bottom of my posts.

Combination more than pays for itself.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 11:22 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I just checked AMICA in the last couple of weeks. I’ve always heard they were almost as good for customer service and satisfaction as USAA. Even with the BMW CCA discount AMICA was not competitive for me at all. I’ve had USAA for just under thirty years and I have never been able to find anyone who could beat them. Until now. For me in Illinois USAA’s rates have been steady increasing. I almost left last year, but even though I was able to find a somewhat lower rate it wasn’t enough for me to give up my long relationship with USAA. This year it is. I’ll be leaving USAA for State Farm in the next month. At my February auto insurance renewal with USAA my six month premium is set to increase by more than $100. So, a $200+ annual rate increase. Between homeowner’s and auto State Farm will save me over $700/year. I had State Farm before I was eligible to join USAA, so I’m pretty comfortable going back to them. But, I’m still sad/disappointed to have to leave USAA. And, frankly, I’m still shocked that USAA has priced itself out of its market advantage.

Also, my 2022 Subscriber’s Savings Account (unique to USAA) distribution was about 1/4 of what it had been being. I’ll be cashing out my SSA balance that has been accumulating all these years and that’s a nice chunk of change that members don’t normally have access to.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-31-2023 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 08:49 PM   #3
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I just checked AMICA in the last couple of weeks. I’ve always heard they were almost as good for customer service and satisfaction as USAA. Even with the BMW CCA discount AMICA was not competitive for me at all. I’ve had USAA for just under thirty years and I have never been able to find anyone who could beat them. Until now. For me in Illinois USAA’s rates have been steady increasing. I almost left last year, but even though I was able to find a somewhat lower rate it wasn’t enough for me to give up my long relationship with USAA. This year it is. I’ll be leaving USAA for State Farm in the next month. At my February auto insurance renewal with USAA my six month premium is set to increase by more than $100. So, a $200+ annual rate increase. Between homeowner’s and auto State Farm will save me over $700/year. I had State Farm before I was eligible to join USAA, so I’m pretty comfortable going back to them. But, I’m still sad/disappointed to have to leave USAA. And, frankly, I’m still shocked that USAA has priced itself out of its market advantage.

Also, my 2022 Subscriber’s Savings Account (unique to USAA) distribution was about 1/4 of what it had been being. I’ll be cashing out my SSA balance that has been accumulating all these years and that’s a nice chunk of change that members don’t normally have access to.
I have been with USAA for just over 33 years. I am 56 years old with a clean driving record and no accidents. Over the past several years my auto insurance has risen for my 18 M5. Surprisingly my M5’s insurance premium for 6 months had decreased just over 200 dollars ( $400 for the annual premium) to $658.00 every 6 months when I renewed my policy in January of 2023. In addition, my motorcycle premium (2018 BMW R1200GSA) dropped $184 a year. I carry full coverage with a $250 comp/collision deductible on both vehicles. I researched numerous insurance providers in Southern California and the only one that was cheaper was CostCo (Connect) but my homeowners would have been higher and they would not insure my motorcycle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 10:22 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I use Pemco. Great insurance and cheaper than the BMWCCA discount with AMICA.
      02-04-2023, 11:04 PM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Safeco for me. Nothing has been better and honestly, my agent has been so damn good it's near impossible to give up that kinda customer service.

No USAA rep or Amica rep would ever chew out someone at Safelite like mine did when my wife went in to fix her side windshield when a rock kicked up on the freeway and shattered it. they tried to change the price on her and getting my agent on the line got it all squared away.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 08:53 AM   #6
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
Safeco for me. Nothing has been better and honestly, my agent has been so damn good it's near impossible to give up that kinda customer service.

No USAA rep or Amica rep would ever chew out someone at Safelite like mine did when my wife went in to fix her side windshield when a rock kicked up on the freeway and shattered it. they tried to change the price on her and getting my agent on the line got it all squared away.
Safeco here won't insure an M car. So they are not an option for me.
      02-05-2023, 11:52 AM   #7
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I would LOVE to insure with Amica - they've had about the best reputation in the industry for decades. But even with the BMWCCA discount, they were literally about double what I pay for the same coverage with Progressive. And that's at age 65 with a clean record living in a rural area.
      02-05-2023, 01:21 PM   #8
dkulp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Garage List
2023 BMW 330e  [0.00]
When I bought my 330e last month, I had a discussion with my sales person about insurance. The topic came up when I said I was with GEICO and he was visibly "relieved". I asked about it and he said, at least in Massachusetts, Amica is horrible for people trying to purchase cars. For most insurance companies, they can call once and have the required paperwork sent over within a couple of hours. Progressive is supposedly the best. Liberty Mutual and GEICO are fairly close. For Amica, they tell the clients that they will call once, but it's advisable that the client start calling as well and even then will normally take 3-4 days to get the required paperwork. If the goal is to get into your new car quickly, Amica is definitely not the right choice. It was definitely an interesting conversation.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:41 PM   #9
shadowfax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
....No USAA rep or Amica rep would ever chew out someone at Safelite like mine did when my wife went in to fix her side windshield when a rock kicked up on the freeway and shattered it. they tried to change the price on her and getting my agent on the line got it all squared away.
My Amica rep spent 45 minutes on the phone with the windshield repair company to make sure they replaced mine with OEM glass.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 06:14 PM   #10
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
My Amica rep spent 45 minutes on the phone with the windshield repair company to make sure they replaced mine with OEM glass.
noice.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #11
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post

They have been running far too much ad campaign and being their market is too small. Every DoD member is aware of who they are. When you run so many ads during the nfl cycle and it's not helping bringing in Gronk is not gonna change it. I have been with them for over two decades and I am debating leaving them too but the choice in my state leaves me with them for home owners, so I get stuck using the too for auto.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2023, 08:30 PM   #12
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
They have been running far too much ad campaign and being their market is too small. Every DoD member is aware of who they are. When you run so many ads during the nfl cycle and it's not helping bringing in Gronk is not gonna change it. I have been with them for over two decades and I am debating leaving them too but the choice in my state leaves me with them for home owners, so I get stuck using the too for auto.
You are correct about the advertising!! It’s excessive considering their limited market. I realize everything is always grow, grow, grow, but not all growth is good (as we’re experiencing with BMW) and USAA was a better insurance company when they were limited to officers (and their dependents).
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

02-05-2023, 09:26 PM   #13
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I’ve only heard good things about Amica, but they’ve always been too pricey for me. When I lived in Philly they were hundreds more. Now that I’m outside of Philly they’re “only” a bit shy of $75/m more. I’ll stick with my current carrier.
Appreciate 0