Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Are you vaccinated against Covid?
Yes, 1 shot 10 4.98%
Yes, 2 shots 146 72.64%
Not yet, but plan to 5 2.49%
No, and don't plan to 40 19.90%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

10-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #551
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ness/work.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-us-quicktake

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

https://apnews.com/article/26096a878...c0ddff98a5fe6d

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 91% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms in people age 16 and older. The vaccine is still under an emergency use authorization for children ages 12 through 15.
https://www.mayoclinic.org › in-depth
That's pretty old data and information and very little of it considers what the Delta variant has been capable of between July and now. You're going to be very disappointed when you see just how ineffective the vaccines have been against transmission and hospitalization in vaccinated people that hadn't been previously infected by COVID. It will be NO WHERE near 91% effective. Try ~60% effective after just a couple of months of getting the vaccine even worse if you're elderly, obese, or some other serious condition.
      10-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #552
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ness/work.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-us-quicktake

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

https://apnews.com/article/26096a878...c0ddff98a5fe6d

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 91% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms in people age 16 and older. The vaccine is still under an emergency use authorization for children ages 12 through 15.
https://www.mayoclinic.org ' in-depth
That's pretty old data and information and very little of it considers what the Delta variant has been capable of between July and now. You're going to be very disappointed when you see just how ineffective the vaccines have been against transmission and hospitalization in vaccinated people that hadn't been previously infected by COVID. It will be NO WHERE near 91% effective. Try ~60% effective after just a couple of months of getting the vaccine even worse if you're elderly, obese, or some other serious condition.
It's been effective enough to keep me from getting infected. And we do go out to dinner every weekend.

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...i%20Report.pdf

"Oklahoma released their updated data. 645 hospitalizations out of 1.8m vaccinated. And there were .5% Breakthrough cases (vaccinated) vs 1% reinfections (had covid already). Both are rising."
      10-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #553
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
It's been effective enough to keep me from getting infected. And we do go out to dinner every weekend.

Oklahoma released their updated data. 645 hospitalizations out of 1.8m vaccinated. And there were .5% Breakthrough cases (vaccinated) vs 1% reinfections (had covid already). Both are rising.
i mean, thats not a great measure. Not being vaccinated was effective enough to keep me from getting infected and i ate out nearly every day while i continued to go in to work and was out in public all through the shutdowns last year.

Also, take a look at how they are reporting breakthroughs. Many places are no longer reporting them. Hospitals around here are reporting no breakthrough cases, and yet every day there are breakthrough cases admitted to the ICU

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
MPOWER52663862.50
      10-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #554
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Captainblood and Littlebear still carrying the " vaccines will save us" narrative. Fauci would be so proud of his little soldiers.
You keep spouting that RT stuff; Peutin must be laughing hard at gullible dudes like you.

I, and I imagine Captain Blood, are glad to do something so important for our country that costs us so little.
Lil' Q-tees like you wouldn't understand the obligations....
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #555
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
i mean, thats not a great measure. Not being vaccinated was effective enough to keep me from getting infected and i ate out nearly every day while i continued to go in to work and was out in public all through the shutdowns last year.

Also, take a look at how they are reporting breakthroughs. Many places are no longer reporting them. Hospitals around here are reporting no breakthrough cases, and yet every day there are breakthrough cases admitted to the ICU
Yeah I was out in it everyday. Got a hair cut and went to the bar as soon as I could. I had friends that worked from home, and only went to the grocery store and got it. I either had it 15 times and no symptoms or I am immune.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #556
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why are you so hung up on absolutes?
The general trends are down, down more where vaccinations are higher, down more where masks are worn, down more where people voted for Biden, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #557
stocktree
Private
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:

"Oklahoma released their updated data. 645 hospitalizations out of 1.8m vaccinated. And there were .5% Breakthrough cases (vaccinated) vs 1% reinfections (had covid already). Both are rising."
I eat out everyday. And did so throughout this whole covid deal. No vax and no covid.
Appreciate 1
MPOWER52663862.50
      10-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #558
stocktree
Private
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Why are you so hung up on absolutes?
The general trends are down, down more where vaccinations are higher, down more where masks are worn, down more where people voted for Biden, etc.
I can find info stating the opposite.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #559
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:

Oklahoma released their updated data. 645 hospitalizations out of 1.8m vaccinated. And there were .5% Breakthrough cases (vaccinated) vs 1% reinfections (had covid already). Both are rising.

How do you know they're not reporting breakthrough cases?

FYI I'm glad you haven't caught Covid yet. But I would expect that you would sooner or later, considering your lack of prophylactics. What happens if you catch Covid at an inconvenient time, when you're sick, or have some other health issue pop up at the same time? Are you prepared to deal with long Covid? If you catch Covid, and didn't have to, and require hospitalization, Will it affect other people who have not been affected by Covid (Through vaccination and mask wearing and social distancing) but require hospitalization?
You know, flatten the curve.
      10-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #560
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
How do you know they're not reporting breakthrough cases?

FYI I'm glad you haven't caught Covid yet. But I would expect that you would sooner or later, considering your lack of prophylactics. What happens if you catch Covid at an inconvenient time, when you're sick, or have some other health issue pop up at the same time? Are you prepared to deal with long Covid? If you catch Covid, and didn't have to, and require hospitalization, Will it affect other people who have not been affected by Covid (Through vaccination and mask wearing and social distancing) but require hospitalization?
You know, flatten the curve.
my family and friends work in healthcare at the hospitals.

Also, im vaccinated. There is an increasing number of unhealthy vaccinated people in the ICUs since Delta became a thing. Delta really doesnt seem to gaf about vaccine status if you are unhealthy.

Edit: to expand on the breakthrough reporting. They report severe cases in the hospital. However, if you are in the hospital for anything, and test positive for covid, even if its unrelated to why you are there (think, in for a broken arm and test positive) and are unvaccinated, it ends up being counted as a hospitalized covid case in most systems. Even during rounds and case presentations, this is evident as unvaccinated are always brought up if they have covid, regardless of why they are there, where vaccinated are not. This whole politicizing of the vaccine has made some pretty toxic work environments in the healthcare world as it has become more and more of a "Us vs Them" thing.

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 10-04-2021 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #561
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktree View Post
I can find info stating the opposite.
Find the rate of testing in Palestine vs Israel.

"Thirty Israelis were reported to have died of COVID-19 between Friday morning and Saturday night, the Health Ministry showed, as the fourth wave continues to surge across the country, striking hardest young, unvaccinated citizens."

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...-report-680214

We have been over the Ireali/Palistine #s before. What don't you understand now?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:04 PM   #562
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:

54% of hospitalizations in RoI are fully vaccinated--

"DUBLIN--Health officials confirmed that the majority of Covid-19 cases in Irish hospitals are now vaccinated. According to data from the Health Service Executive, more than a quarter of ICU admissions since July have been “breakthrough infections” in fully vaccinated individuals."
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #563
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Quote:

54% of hospitalizations in RoI are fully vaccinated--

"DUBLIN--Health officials confirmed that the majority of Covid-19 cases in Irish hospitals are now vaccinated. According to data from the Health Service Executive, more than a quarter of ICU admissions since July have been “breakthrough infections” in fully vaccinated individuals."
Link?
      10-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #564
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Link?
can just google the 1st sentence of his quote.

https://freewestmedia.com/2021/09/13...ly-vaccinated/

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread