Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

12-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #23
RevNev
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I've got Alex's Stage2+ tune on my '18 Comp Pack M4 with a catless exhaust and burbles and start up roar switched off with GTS trans coding and CS suspension/MDM and ASD switched off. Alex's service, knowledge, product quality and ease of remote flashing is excellent.

The tune was good but a bit surgy at full boost until I changed the spark plugs to NGK Iridium 97506 and closed the plug gap down from .028" to .022" (a common mod with tuned engines). Power deliver is smooth and linear through out the rev range and isn't over boosted down low to mid range where sharp torque increases seem to be consistent with spun crank hubs.

The tune with catless exhaust made 534rwhp on Elf LMS race fuel, and 518rwhp on 98 pump fuel and consistent with Alex's claims, he's not tuning for maximum torque and horsepower on the brink of engine destruction and that tuning concept led me to Alex more so than mapping to make the best dyno numbers and shred tyres with sudden boost increases many tuners are focused on.

The car feels stock to drive with more power through the rev range when accelerating as a good tune I believe should be. The ASD switched off so you don't have that fake V8 induction noise that sounds like you've spun a big end bearing coming through the stereo speakers made the car a whole lot better to drive after the flash and emphasised how stupid the ASD sounds really are.

Last edited by RevNev; 12-13-2019 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0