European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

06-04-2020, 09:36 PM   #23
Peterg555
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Not sure if it matters but while my local dealership did replace under warranty, and did have black ones in stock, they could only use original equipment so I got new white ones. Also F80 :/
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #24
capo_sa
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 F83 Comp Pack 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by capo_sa View Post
Hi, i read your OP and i actually have bought new Black emblems from my local BMW who shipped them from Germany. I was wondering could you tell me how you actually managed to take your headrest off the actualy seat. I am finding it trouble doing that. If i can i might be able to change the old silver emblems i have to the new black ones i have bought. I will post my update here. Thanks
Ok guys, just to update, i have got my old silver badges replaced with the new ones i bought from BMW. My friend was able to do it by, taking the side panels off the seat, then opening the back leather, then releasing the latch for the headrest to come out, then open the leather bit on the headrest and then take the old logo emblem out and put the new one in. Also important to the note, BMW supplied a adapter to place in because the new logo adapter is different.

Do not go to BMW for this because they have no clue on how to actually achieve this. The BMW dealership i ordered and purchased the emblems from had no clue and said to me over the phone that they think they have to take the whole seat out and then change by looking at some sort of diagram and quoted me £250 (excl VAT) per seat.

Anyway hope this helps!
Appreciate 3
      06-12-2020, 12:40 AM   #25
Ddayan97
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83, Tesla Model S

Quote:
Ok guys, just to update, i have got my old silver badges replaced with the new ones i bought from BMW. My friend was able to do it by, taking the side panels off the seat, then opening the back leather, then releasing the latch for the headrest to come out, then open the leather bit on the headrest and then take the old logo emblem out and put the new one in. Also important to the note, BMW supplied a adapter to place in because the new logo adapter is different.

Do not go to BMW for this because they have no clue on how to actually achieve this. The BMW dealership i ordered and purchased the emblems from had no clue and said to me over the phone that they think they have to take the whole seat out and then change by looking at some sort of diagram and quoted me £250 (excl VAT) per seat.

Anyway hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks for being the first one to try. I’m going to wait until my silver replacements crack again and then go for this
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 07:32 AM   #26
ivan288
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black F83 M4

Hi all,

Is there any video or more detailed instructions on how to install this.

capo_sa is your friend able to help out by any chance? I am in West London myself.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #27
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:

Anyway hope this helps!
I would also like to see some additional information on how this swap was achieved. A DIY would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #28
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
I would also like to see some additional information on how this swap was achieved. A DIY would be awesome.
I just completed this today and wrote up a DIY on Cutters

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...-guide.231527/

Last edited by Evil Derboy; 09-12-2020 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #29
Ddayan97
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83, Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
I just completed this today and wrote up a DIY on Cutters

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...-guide.231527/
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #30
Mace214
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Has anyone done this successfully and can share a picture
Appreciate 0