ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Thumbs up New year, new features - Offline Mode for bootmod3

Before the holidays we worked bringing out a new feature that some have requested over the past while called Offline Mode so you don't have to have internet access on the phone to Datalog and run the Live Dash.

You'll need to download the latest OBD Agent for it to work and the latest mobile app which is now live on the Google Play Store. iOS is undergoing testing through what's called TestFlight. If you'd like to join pre-release testing send us your email address and we'll add you to the Testflight program and you'll need to install the Testflight app on your iOS device.

Note: to get offline mode running, you'll need to log in once to get the app's offline mode data initialized.

Let us know if any questions at all. Cheers and all the best in 2017!

Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
hexone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Before the holidays we worked bringing out a new feature that some have requested over the past while called Offline Mode so you don't have to have internet access on the phone to Datalog and run the Live Dash.

You'll need to download the latest OBD Agent for it to work and the latest mobile app which is now live on the Google Play Store. iOS is undergoing testing through what's called TestFlight. If you'd like to join pre-release testing send us your email address and we'll add you to the Testflight program and you'll need to install the Testflight app on your iOS device.

Note: to get offline mode running, you'll need to log in once to get the app's offline mode data initialized.

Any installers here in the bay?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Awesome! Love how I can just click on the offline mode button without logging in and get to the dash and logging.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

once again awsome progress. PTF Is killing it. Customer service has to be the best out there and they just continue to add feature after feature based on what the people ask for.
Thanks PTF
      01-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #5
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Dzenno does it again!!! Thanks PTF!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-04-2017, 12:38 AM   #6
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but the only installer in the Bay Area is Vargas Turbo. They have horrible reviews on Yelp and I'm not willing to take my car to them. Are you guys planning to work with any other shop in the Bay?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

anyone running this on ios yet? I cannot get it to go unless I have hotspot or wifi.
      01-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Mine works no issues. They have a few more things coming up in the next update and just waiting for it to show up in Testflight to try.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
anyone running this on ios yet? I cannot get it to go unless I have hotspot or wifi.
You still need the hotspot/wifi to establish connectivity but your hotspot/wifi doesn't need any internet access or connectivity with bm3 cloud/servers.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #10
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

really looking forward to paying you a visit in april
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #11
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Mine works no issues. They have a few more things coming up in the next update and just waiting for it to show up in Testflight to try.
do you have an offline button on your iphone? there is picture on a andriod with a off line button.
assuming not and it jsut starts trying to connect as soon as opened.
      01-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Also PTF if you see this, next iOS version could you adjust the screen display for when we use the iPhone as the data tether? It's hard to hit the menu button when the blue tether screen takes up 75% of that real estate. Thanks!
      01-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #13
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! Love how I can just click on the offline mode button without logging in and get to the dash and logging.

Quote:
once again awsome progress. PTF Is killing it. Customer service has to be the best out there and they just continue to add feature after feature based on what the people ask for.
Thanks PTF
Missed this yesterday! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
let us know as we're at the shop location only by appointment as software dev and tuning is done offsite
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #14
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks PTF
Missed this yesterday! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
let us know as we're at the shop location only by appointment as software dev and tuning is done offsite
How awesome is that you still keep ignoring a potential customer's question both here and in the main bm3 thread! Just FYI, I'm not the only one asking this question and you guys are losing customers to other alternatives due to the shop you work with in Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #15
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
How awesome is that you still keep ignoring a potential customer's question both here and in the main bm3 thread! Just FYI, I'm not the only one asking this question and you guys are losing customers to other alternatives due to the shop you work with in Bay Area.
Sorry we just can't comment on Yelp reviews and our experience has been different. We have worked with the Vargas shop countless times over the years helping them with tuning. Vargas shop has gone through the unlock process/training/materials sent to all of our unlock dealers and are equipped with DME unlock tools we also use here.

If you have a shop in mind you'd like to recommend in your area we'd be happy to discuss with them if its something that'd interest them in taking on.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Great work brother!
      01-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #17
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry we just can't comment on Yelp reviews and our experience has been different. We have worked with the Vargas shop countless times over the years helping them with tuning. Vargas shop has gone through the unlock process/training/materials sent to all of our unlock dealers and are equipped with DME unlock tools we also use here.

If you have a shop in mind you'd like to recommend in your area we'd be happy to discuss with them if its something that'd interest them in taking on.
Great to hear that you have a much different experience with Vargas Turbo. However, this doesn't change the fact that many of us don't want to take our cars to them. They have a proven bad reputation. I really appreciate you guys are willing to explore other shops in the area. I don't want to ruin this this thread with this discussion so I'll PM you a list of reputable shops in the Bay.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #18
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but the only installer in the Bay Area is Vargas Turbo. They have horrible reviews on Yelp and I'm not willing to take my car to them. Are you guys planning to work with any other shop in the Bay?
Yes.. about two weeks.
      01-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #19
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Great to hear that you have a much different experience with Vargas Turbo. However, this doesn't change the fact that many of us don't want to take our cars to them. They have a proven bad reputation. I really appreciate you guys are willing to explore other shops in the area. I don't want to ruin this this thread with this discussion so I'll PM you a list of reputable shops in the Bay.
If you have a reputable shop, why don't you get them to unlock your DME for you. The rest you can do with PFT direct. easy solution for you and anyone else.
      01-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #20
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes.. about two weeks.
???

Quote:
If you have a reputable shop, why don't you get them to unlock your DME for you. The rest you can do with PFT direct. easy solution for you and anyone else.
I'm not sure if I'm following you on this. As far as I know, a shop does not offer DME unlock unless they are working with a tuner directly (e.g. PTF, VF, etc.). I'm not very familiar with this unlock and tuning procedure so I don't know what it actually involves. So are you saying that a shop that unlocks DMEs for a different tuner can also unlock my DME for bm3 and I would be good to go with PTF? As I said, I thought this "unlocking" procedure involved tuner-specific steps.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #21
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm following you on this. As far as I know, a shop does not offer DME unlock unless they are working with a tuner directly (e.g. PTF, VF, etc.). I'm not very familiar with this unlock and tuning procedure so I don't know what it actually involves. So are you saying that a shop that unlocks DMEs for a different tuner can also unlock my DME for bm3 and I would be good to go with PTF? As I said, I thought this "unlocking" procedure involved tuner-specific steps.

It is not "tuner specific". As long as they have the right tools (which most do not!) they can unlock and readout your DME. Once that is done, you're an email and a paypal payment away from having bootmod3.

So, call the shops you like, and find out who can do what. You can take the initiative here, no need to wait for a shop to work with PTF on it. Also, it can be done remotely if you are willing to remove your own intake manifold to get and mail off your ECU.
      01-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #22
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
It is not "tuner specific". As long as they have the right tools (which most do not!) they can unlock and readout your DME. Once that is done, you're an email and a paypal payment away from having bootmod3.

So, call the shops you like, and find out who can do what. You can take the initiative here, no need to wait for a shop to work with PTF on it. Also, it can be done remotely if you are willing to remove your own intake manifold to get and mail off your ECU.
Thank you, I didn't know it's not tuner-specific.

Will definitely look into this! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0