proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #397
ShadowedAngles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix

I had a run in with a 335i today. He was swerving all over the road and he cut me off (I don't care about this stuff) when 2 lanes were merging. I could see the car visibly jerk suddenly haha.

When we came to the next stop light, I pulled up behind him. He started revving his engine at me lol. He then proceeded to gun it when the light turned green, and then he swerving over 2 left lanes to make a left. Didn't use his blinker and a few people had to abruptly use their brakes causing a mild slow down in traffic.
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      10-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #398
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post
Here in Boca Raton, Florida - the car game is WAY too strong. It's sad to say that M's (all versions) are just like having a Honda Accord. In the course of a ten minute drive in East Boca, you will see a few Ferrari's, countless Porsche, and endless amounts of Bentley's. People that live here aren't even phased by cars. Nothing stands out here. In fact, it's like this in all of South Florida.

I parked next to a Porsche 918 the other day. It look just like every other exotic car here. I looked the car up later on, who knew it goes for over a $1 million.
I live in Darien Ct. tons of wealth & nice auto's, driving Greenwich Ave. decent amount of admirers.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #399
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BMW M4 - JAVA GREEN

Last night driving down Serrano, going the speed limit minding my own business when a Honda Civic came out of nowhere riding my as* and flashing her high beams at me.

Civic then pulls up next to me and literally swerves aggressively into my lane causing me to swerve and brake as she was a hairs length away of hitting my M. We pull up at a stop light and I just ask "why? what did I do to you"? All she did was laugh and started smoking an unknown substance.

A car got in front of her so she went behind me again, then proceeded to go onto the on-coming traffic lane, she then swerved into my car again, I had to brake and swerve out of the way and she almost lost control doing so since she did it so aggressively. As she drove away, she flipped me off and flashed her hazard lights off.

The driver of the Civic seemed like she was under the influence, mid 20's. I was to shocked at what just happened and I am more worried about my own safety and M to do anything irrational. Stay safe out there everyone!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #400
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

^ Had something like this happen to me too but on the highway so no opportunities to stop and look at the imbecile. Minding my own business in the furthest RIGHT lane going the speed limit, and see the infamous high beam flash and riding my ass combo. Then proceeds to cut me off so close if I didn't react, there would be a crash. Although with the geometry and logistics of the maneuver, the idiot would have fishtailed and 180'd no doubt....
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #401
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

what kind of assholes tailgate someone not blocking the left lane.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #402
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
what kind of assholes tailgate someone not blocking the left lane.
I swear on everything, people do this all the time, here in NYC & NJ..

I look back at them and ask myself "why?!" I gave you the whole left lane..

I know it's not me became I'm inherently paranoid that If might have to tap the brakes or swerve for a pothole, they'll smack into me, so I always allow a lane for other drivers to pass me..

I've concluded that people who admires a nice car, just tailgate them because they like seeing all the purrrty colors.. Like a moth to a flame..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #403
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Noticed this thread, of course, when it first started and have reviewed it several times since. And I did notice which State OP is in. Wasn't sure what I thought really, except for my long-standing opinion of the overwhelming majority of drivers in New Jersey: dead from the neck up.
So the question is, is it worse in the M4? Oddly enough, the answer is no, it's not worse. In fact I'm pretty sure people leave me alone more than they would in the truck or the SUV.
I guess that doesn't contribute much to the thread, but there it is.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #404
s0211
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M3 comp

I shared this story with another thread and thought it'll be perfect here. I did mention that I haven't noticed much rage towards the car but I guess I spoke too soon.

I took my foot off the throttle to slow down because I saw someone crossing the street ahead of me. Mind you, I was going well under the speed limit because I was looking for parking. I guess she heard burbles and started bolting across the road thinking I was speeding. I came to a full stop with more than enough room for her to cross safely and she yelled at me saying "you almost killed me!!"

Another time, I was in the right lane about to take the next exit and this Civic Type-R pulls up next to me and gives me the dirtiest and angriest look. He proceeded to cut into the lane I was in a few cars ahead of me, just to cut back out all the way to the left lane.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #405
Thelof
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 BSM M4 CS

What I have also noticed is that people in the most pedestrian of vehicles will try to race you. I just ignore them and hope that they slow down and not end up killing themselves or other people.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #406
Howard_R
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelof View Post
What I have also noticed is that people in the most pedestrian of vehicles will try to race you. I just ignore them and hope that they slow down and not end up killing themselves or other people.
I had a KIA try to get me to race yesterday - WTF?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #407
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2017 View Post
I shared this story with another thread and thought it'll be perfect here. I did mention that I haven't noticed much rage towards the car but I guess I spoke too soon.

I took my foot off the throttle to slow down because I saw someone crossing the street ahead of me. Mind you, I was going well under the speed limit because I was looking for parking. I guess she heard burbles and started bolting across the road thinking I was speeding. I came to a full stop with more than enough room for her to cross safely and she yelled at me saying "you almost killed me!!"

Another time, I was in the right lane about to take the next exit and this Civic Type-R pulls up next to me and gives me the dirtiest and angriest look. He proceeded to cut into the lane I was in a few cars ahead of me, just to cut back out all the way to the left lane.
lmOoo people be throwing their hands up at me, yelling and im going 18mph in a 25mph
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #408
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Recently, at 3am, an old Nissan Maxima came out of nowhere and started aggressively tailing me and revving up to egg me on to race..

I slowed down and let him pass me, so he hit his hazard lights to indicated that "he won"

His exhaust fumes smelled like the car was on fire and the door color was mismatched.. Even if he won the race, he still lost at life..

All I was thinking is; 'slow your row so you don't lose any further..'

I think when you drive a nice car, BMW or otherwise, there is always some a$$hole out there with someone to prove to themselves..

That the $500 they spend for their mobile shitbox was money well spent.. After all, it just "beat" a Bimmer..
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #409
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

There are idiots out there regardless of the brand of car you drive. Sometimes I will choose to engage once in awhile when the situation permits against my better judgment. It's never a good idea to heavily speed on public roads. But if there isn't much traffic and its a straight stretch sometimes we can't help ourselves.

Most of the time I just let people be people. Go ahead buddy keep tailgating me and swerve around me going 30+ Mph over the posted limit in a school zone swerving in and out of morning traffic.

Yeah...past that stage in life.

Last edited by IDBGOD; 11-13-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 3
Poochie9104.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
      08-04-2019, 01:59 AM   #410
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

i have a zcp n drive in sport + with manual shift (dct) and people speed next to me and pass me up. its been happening frequently. freeway and inside way. sometimes there 3 lanes away on the freeway n still there trying to pass me up. damn.
i got a complete car though. i think its better than a s550. only because the carbon fiber.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #411
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3classic View Post
i have a zcp n drive in sport + with manual shift (dct) and people speed next to me and pass me up. its been happening frequently. freeway and inside way. sometimes there 3 lanes away on the freeway n still there trying to pass me up. damn.
i got a complete car though. i think its better than a s550. only because the carbon fiber.

Funny you mention an s550. I had one just last week come up from behind me in my adjacent lane, swerved over into my lane upon passing me at a fairly close clip and floor it. Older guy too. I’m guessing he’s been losing a lot of stop light runs lately and just wanted to feel better that day? So I just let him have his glory!

Last edited by shortseller; 08-04-2019 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #412
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
I get a ton of road rage in this car more than my FR-S. I have people driving in the suicide lane and parking lane trying to pass me...mind you I usually only have a 2-3 second gap, which isn't enough space for a car to fit in.

I get people cutting me off intentionally, recently someone cut in front of me from the left lane while I was slowing down because I saw a pedestrian and they nearly ran them over, and just yesterday later, this giant SUV drives past me and doesn't signal and nearly swipes my car with their quarter panel -- and then just a second later, goes back into their original lane. Totally useless maneuver right there.

I have gotten zero waves and zero nodds lol.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #413
SherM4n
M4 748(a)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M4, '12 TT RS, '02 TT

Thankfully no road rage yet (knock on wood), but did get some appreciation today.

Last edited by SherM4n; 08-05-2019 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Picture crop
Appreciate 1
brocurls263.00
      09-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #414
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

I was driving on highway 101 and a mustang GT does 100 mph. In the far right lane. Then I see a sjpd going 95+ pass me up trying to chase the mustang but instead took the off ramp exit.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #415
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I been getting Thumbs up from Civics lately. Which is cool lol. Didn't have time to really wave back because I always have my windows closed.

I am not having windows open when it is 95+ degrees outside. Hmm I did get the recording on my dashcam, tad lazy to pull it atm though :P

P.S. here it is. He pulled his hand in before I got closer though since he was turning. I should maybe go into the BlackVue 4k instead. 750S is great but there are some details I wish I can make out better. Can probably crop a slightly closer one so the Thumbs Up is more clear lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Arcades; 09-05-2019 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0